Ljajic Watch

Virtuoso

A thread to keep track of Adem Ljajic, the 17 year old attacking midfielder who was one half of the Serbian duo that we signed earlier this month from Partizan Belgrade. While Zoran Tosic came straight into the side, Ljajic was loaned back to Partizan for another year it seems until January 2010.

The Serbian league is set to resume on 21st February where Partizan will play rivals Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade). But Partizan played a friendly match last Saturday on 24th January and beat Red Bull Salzburg 4-2 with Ljajic putting in a good performance apparently and scoring the first goal, here's a video of the highlights from the match -

Partizan played a 4-2-3-1 formation with Adem Ljajic playing as the attacking right winger, on the right hand side of the 3 though cutting in frequently as he did for the goal.

Here's a match report -

http://www.partizan.co.yu/vest.php?Jezik=en&IDV=50&Jez=en&sec=2&prikaz1=2009

HsJ

I swear when he signed he was bald...

Are you sure thats him?!

Virtuoso

I swear when he signed he was bald...

Are you sure thats him?!
When was he ever bald hah?

When he was at Old Trafford on a trial last December.

On the left.

From the Red Bull Salzburg match on Saturday - he's in the bottom row, second from left.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
It looks like he is filling up nicely, the U17 highlights i watched of him i believe he was 15 or 16 at the time, he looked so skinny and lightweight.

HsJ

:lol: :lol: I have no idea where I got that from then...must have been looking at Micky T...:lol:

class.

Anyway, maybe he should go bald.

krazyrobus

Liyaitch. funny, I thought it was something like Jajig as in ja ja binx.

cloud218

United are trying to fish in good looking players, I see. All a ploy from the Glazers to fish in more money. :p

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Thanks for the Video..

I was just going to say that we need a Ljajic watch thread.. I hope we try to keep this thread up to date with his progress..

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The 'a' is also quite defined mate, at least that's what I've gathered from this video as well as another video of one of his goals.

From what I've heard from these Serbian commentators, the pronounciation would be "Li-ya-itch".
Aha. Thanks. Bit of a tongue-twister that.

Feck knows what David Pleat is gonna call him. Should be interesting.

Virtuoso

These pics are from when Adem Ljajic came to United for his trial a couple of months ago too, same as the one with him and the Rooney/Ronaldo shirts -

I don't really see the "Vidic with hair" comparisons haha but Ljajic certainly made the most of meeting some United players and going to Old Trafford :devil:

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Guy looks like he is besotted with United! Can only be a good thing.