Ljajic Watch

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
It's a bit like watching how youth football should be played from Partizan. All willing to run with the ball, nice little one touch passes and stuff but they just don't look like they want it quite as much as the massive bunch of skinheads playing for Red Star.

Virtuoso

It's a bit like watching how youth football should be played from Partizan. All willing to run with the ball, nice little one touch passes and stuff but they just don't look like they want it quite as much as the massive bunch of skinheads playing for Red Star.
On the basis of the first half, there is definitely a case for that hah. It's been pretty even, both sides had periods of dominance but Red Star made one of theirs count. Ljajic has done alright so far, been a bit quiet at times and not done much wrong but when he has had a chance to run with the ball he's shown good composure and his decision making has been pretty good so far too. Nice bit of skill to get past his man at the end of the half too, should see more of him in the second half as the incentive is with Partizan now. He'll also be down the near side (camera-wise) which should be good to get a closer look at him.

Virtuoso

Whoever is streaming this is having a right laugh, Serbian pop songs for a half hour! Fearing the worst for the second half here.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Just hoping there is a crazy Manchester United fan out there who will make a youtube clip for all of Ljajic in every match! :)

vuc

First Team Serb
For those wondering it finished 1-1.

Robbed - the ref gave 6 minutes stoppage time FFS...

Ljajic other then a couple of nice touches wasn't involved in the game.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Are there any clips of Ljajic in that game?

TuTuHimm

Can definitely write definitely correctly
He probably comes here every month or so for the staff to take look at. Just a guess though.

Virtuoso

Good to see him with the first team, I guess he will be coming to Manchester to train with the first team every now and then so that he can get a feel for the club and English football as well as the coaching staff getting a good look at him and marking his development and progress. It's a good idea to be honest, we have made a significant investment in Ljajic and at the age of 17 to 18 (when he will come back from loan permanently) the management will want to make sure he is on the right track.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Good to see him with the first team, I guess he will be coming to Manchester to train with the first team every now and then so that he can get a feel for the club and English football as well as the coaching staff getting a good look at him and marking his development and progress. It's a good idea to be honest, we have made a significant investment in Ljajic and at the age of 17 to 18 (when he will come back from loan permanently) the management will want to make sure he is on the right track.
I'm guessing that the plan is for him to hit the ground running, so that he already knows all they players and their styles when he gets here - he'll probably be making a first team impact at a similar time to Tosic :D

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Alright guys I seem to get very irritated when people keep saying Ljajic is a CM so could any of you kindly clear up as to what his best position is and also where he plays more often than not.. Also I would also like to know what are the varied positions he has played in? and how he has performed while in that position!

Sorry if the question is in too much detail but for some reason many seem to believe that he is a CM.. Also I posted in another thread exactly why I believe he is not a CM have a look..

Also don't forget Ljalic who will be looking for a centre midfield spot also.

Why does everyone keep saying that? Its just so ignorant! Sorry I don't mean to be harsh but iirc as of now we have never heard of Ljajic playing in the Central mid position.. Why does everyone keep thinking that? Is it because of the Little Kaka thing the press has talked about? Cause since we have signed him he has almost always played as a Right sided Mid or a Right wing Forward position.. Very Similar to likes of Messi, Ronaldo etc.. Also I have seen many clips of his and in ALL of them he is playing on the Right wing..

Now guys don't get me wrong I am not saying he cannot or will not play there or anywhere else.. cause all of us know when your young your pushed around and the coaches try to see what the best position is for you.. and although his strongest position may not be figured out yet.. Doesn't it say something when he is constantly played in a single position?

The Wizard

I'd say they brought him over for the weekend for the Cup Final 'day out' with all the club staff and players, and he stayed an extra day to get in a bit of extra training and help with the bedding in process.

On a side note, nice to see Rooney training away there. I'm really hoping he starts against Newcastle, he has a good record against them and he's looked very hungry since his return from injury.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
You're correct. He's not a CM.

He's not playing as one anyway.
Thanks for that.. Its just so pissing off when people just start assuming things and it simply becomes a fact!

P.S Anyway I am still hoping for a detailed answer from someone that has watched him more than us and knows the answers..

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
I'd say they brought him over for the weekend for the Cup Final 'day out' with all the club staff and players, and he stayed an extra day to get in a bit of extra training and help with the bedding in process.
But Partizan's season is in full swing is it not? That is really strange, i guess he is 100% our player now and we can do whatever we like with him ..

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
But Partizan's season is in full swing is it not? That is really strange, i guess he is 100% our player now and we can do whatever we like with him ..
If that were true it would be in the news.. I seem to agree with The Wizard.. Either ways its weird..

jb8521

Well he is 100% our player since we have bought him and loaned him back to Partizan. He is not a cm he has played all of his football for Partizan on the wings mainly on the right but also on the left at times. For the Serbia youth teams he has played a lot as a central attacking midfielder or in the hole so this is probably where the cm thing has come from

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Well he is 100% our player since we have bought him and loaned him back to Partizan. He is not a cm he has played all of his football for Partizan on the wings mainly on the right but also on the left at times. For the Serbia youth teams he has played a lot as a central attacking midfielder or in the hole so this is probably where the cm thing has come from
Thats probably where United spotted him play - like alot of the other international young players - youth international tournaments & the like!

Looks like he can play across the midfield so!

Bodes well :devil:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
If that were true it would be in the news.. I seem to agree with The Wizard.. Either ways its weird..
I agree with the wizard too! But I don't think it's weird. We obviously want to play some part in his development. He'll probably come over a few times when there's a break inbetween games to monitor his progress and to maybe work with him in the gym

Virtuoso

Yep spot on, Ljajic has mainly played on the right wing for the Partizan first team though occasionally playing on the left too. For their youth team, from the age of 14 and playing for the U18s, he wore the no.8 and played out on the right wing mostly and also for the Serbia U17 side (in the Euro tournament last summer I think it was) he wore the no.10 and was in the position of the playmaker where he also did very well. At no point has he consistently played centrally in midfield I don't think, either out on the wing (usually right wing) or as an attacking midfielder/support striker.

Dresilved

Correct -

It's the derby tomorrow.

Can't wait, seems to be a lot of atmosphere building up.

This was for the players training session! Check the snowball fight :lol:
Thats fantastic..... I lived in Istanbul for a short time 12 years ago and witnessed a Galatasaray v Fenerbahçe match ......... it was just like this the whole game, it really makes me laugh when I hear scousers say they have the best supporters in the world, they clearly haven't seen the rest of the world!

Virtuoso

As he has been in Manchester the last couple of days, Adem Ljajic gave an exclusive interview to manutd.com -

Exclusive: Adem Ljajic interview

He may not be able to join the club officially until next January, but Serbian youngster Adem Ljajic has been in Manchester for a few days to train with his future team-mates.

Regarded as Serbia’s brightest young talent, the 17-year-old is an attacking midfielder blessed with vision and intelligence.

Ljajic (pronounced ‘yaich’) will continue his footballing education at Partizan Belgrade until next January, but will make regular trips to Carrington to allow United’s coaches to monitor his progress.

During his latest visit, ManUtd.com sat down with Adem (and fellow countryman Zoran Tosic, who acted as translator) to discuss his hopes for the future at Old Trafford…

When did you first hear about United’s interest and how excited are you at the prospect of playing for the club?
I first heard they were interested in me about a year-and-a-half ago, which I was very excited about. I spent a week at Carrington training with the first team, which I really enjoyed, and I feel very happy to be a Manchester United player. Everyone at the club has made me feel very welcome and I’m looking forward to joining in January.

How does the training at United differ to what you’ve been used to in Serbia?
The quality is very high over here because you’re training with great players, but the main difference is it’s much quicker. I have enjoyed it very much and training with these top players can only help me improve. Training with the team has allowed me to see how things work so I know what to expect when I come here. And I hope that when I join in January I will be involved with the first team from the start.

What have you learned from the other players so far?
I am a big admirer of all of them and I learn things from them in every session. I try to copy what they do and I hope I can keep improving.

For those United fans who have not seen you in action, how would you describe yourself as a player?
[Laughs] I think I am good technically – I like to dribble with the ball and I am quick.
[Tosic gives his own evaluation] Adem is a very good player with great technical ability. He likes to play just behind the striker or on the right side of midfield. We played together for around six months at Partizan and we worked well together – me on the left and him on the right. He has just under a year left in Serbia to keep practicing for when he joins and when he arrives I think he’ll be ready to play for the first team. And I’m sure that when he starts playing for United, the fans will love him.

Adem, how much has it helped having fellow countrymen Nemanja Vidic and Zoran at the club?
It’s been great. I have spent a lot of time with them whenever I have been over in Manchester and they have both shown me around the city. It can be hard when you move to a new country and don’t know anyone and are yet to learn the language, so it’s been fantastic to have them both here.
[Tosic continues] Vida told us what a great place United was before we joined, but both Adem and I knew what an amazing club it was. I’ve been a big United fan since they won the Treble in ’99 and have watched every game I could in Serbia between then and now. Our family and friends are very excited to see us at United and we both feel very proud to have signed.

Sir Alex Ferguson has always put a lot of faith in the club’s young players. Is he one of the major reasons why you joined?
Ljajic: Yes, he is a great manager. I was very excited to meet him and although Vida had to translate for us, we had a good discussion. I am looking forward to working with him.
Tosic: He is a fantastic manager who has always given young players a chance. We saw the way he brought Giggsy, Beckham, Scholesy and Gary into the team and help them develop. We hope he will do the same with us and help us improve.
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?p...47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6628268&page=1

Ljajic accompanied by Tosic, an interesting and informative interview for the official site.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Nice interview that.. So Tosic was the translator? Man that was quick not so long ago Tosic had a translator for him.. He has already picked the language in 2 months? He probably already knew it but has just become more confident off late..

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
The entire match can be seen on Partizan's official website. Go nuts.