Ljajic Watch

jb8521

Ljajic looked very good for Partizan today in their 2-0 win. Playing on the left wing he tormented the full back winning a lot of frees and should have had a penalty. He lloks very two footed and was whipping in crosses with both feet and his dribbling was also very good he rarely gives the ball away and looks a real prospect.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner

You can see Ljajic (Florescent Yellow boots, Number 22) standing next to the free kick taker and in the celebrations..

Also if I am not mistaken he is the one that dwells on the ball near the half-line before passing it to the player who in turn passes it to number 17 or 11 who provides the assist..

Virtuoso

Cheers for the video Chirag, nice little bit of thinking and composure by Ljajic with the pass in the build-up for the second goal. I read the match report and by all accounts, he was dangerous and played well.

Needs to seriously improve on his dance moves if he's to displace Anderson in the first team though ;)

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Cheers for the video Chirag, nice little bit of thinking and composure by Ljajic with the pass in the build-up for the second goal. I read the match report and by all accounts, he was dangerous and played well.

Needs to seriously improve on his dance moves if he's to displace Anderson in the first team though ;)
As I said I am not quite certain if that was him or not.. But considering that he was playing on the left I assumed it was him..

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner

This is the latest Partizan Belgrade match video.. Though we cannot see Ljajic the commentator mentions his name along with other players (Washington) on the 20 second mark... Any Idea as to what the commentator is saying? I don't even know which language this is in.. My guess would be Serbian or Russian :confused:

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Any Idea as to what the commentator is saying?
Probably something about missed chances as the goal came fairly late and Ljajic and Washington came close to scoring earlier on. Ljajic was taken off after 56 mins, don't think he was injured.

Fergie's gum

This is the latest Partizan Belgrade match video.. Though we cannot see Ljajic the commentator mentions his name along with other players (Washington) on the 20 second mark... Any Idea as to what the commentator is saying? I don't even know which language this is in.. My guess would be Serbian or Russian :confused:
Title of thread Ljajic Watch not Ljajic Listen :nono:

Virtuoso

On Friday our fitness coach Richard Hawkins travelled to Belgrade to co-operate with their coaching staff as part of an agreement set up in the Tosic and Ljajic deals. Here's a pic of Hawkins, Ljajic and our Serbian scout (and former Partizan player) Budimir Vujacic at Partizan's training ground on Friday -

On the side of the training pitch we spotted ex-Partizan star Budimir Vujacic, now a Manchester United scout. Next to him there was a person we never met before, someon that closely monitored Partizan session. We asked Buda who`s the gentleman in question and got the answer straight away:

- Present gentleman is Richard Hawkins and he is Man United`s fitness coach. Upon Tosic`s and Ljajic`s signing, two clubs agreed a coopearation on all leveles and Hawkins visited his colleague, Professor Mitic, today. They exchange experiences in the field of physical part of the preps. Today, them two made a first contact and further on they`ll be on the line exchanging info of benefit for both clubs. By the way, Mr. Hawkins is quite pleased wiht witnessed here at Partizan and believes that most of the things he`s seen today are not far from the standards set in his club.
http://www.partizan.rs/vest.php?Jezik=en&IDV=174&Jez=en&sec=2&prikaz1=2009

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I don't know why but I have a feeling I saw Ljajic in all the 3 goals.. As in he was in the video frame.. I may be horrendously wrong though!

Virtuoso

I was reading the match report and Ljajic seemed to do well on the left wing in the first half, put some dangerous crosses in and also combined well with the forwards. Though yet again he was taken off around the hour mark.

vuc

First Team Serb
Partizan actually have the second best youth academy in Europe behind Ajax (as of the last few years). Their U-17's just last year spanked Barcelona 5-0 and Real Madrid 3-1.

HsJ

Partizan actually have the second best youth academy in Europe behind Ajax (as of the last few years). Their U-17's just last year spanked Barcelona 5-0 and Real Madrid 3-1.
Yeah, but on one hand you have Barcelona creating world beating talent like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and the likes...and who have you got from Partizan who is on the same level?

vuc

First Team Serb
Yeah, but on one hand you have Barcelona creating world beating talent like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and the likes...and who have you got from Partizan who is on the same level?
True - but as of 2004 UEFA have recognized Partizan to have the second best youth academy in europe. Iniesta and Xavi have been in the first team for a long time don't forget.

HsJ

UEFA come out with a lot of bollocks, as do FIFA (like international rankings). There isn't any evidence to suggest them being That good yet, or as good as other academies around the world.

Until they produce stars, then I wont believe this 'facht'

vuc

First Team Serb
UEFA come out with a lot of bollocks, as do FIFA (like international rankings). There isn't any evidence to suggest them being That good yet, or as good as other academies around the world.

Until they produce stars, then I wont believe this 'facht'
Again true, but you can't argue with Partizan's youth teams battering Barca's and Reals either.

Fact is, in Serbia loads of talent is produced but most of the time they never develop to fulfill their potential..

HsJ

Yeah, but its like us getting beat by the scousers. Does it mean they're better than us? No.

Theres no point in saying theres talent which doesnt get fufilled because the person who scouted these players may have seen something which was never there, and in actual fact, their academy is not all that. So yeah, we agree on the point that until they produce an equivelant number of stars, you cannot say their academy is better than Barcelona etc.

vuc

First Team Serb
Yeah, but its like us getting beat by the scousers. Does it mean they're better than us? No.

Theres no point in saying theres talent which doesnt get fufilled because the person who scouted these players may have seen something which was never there, and in actual fact, their academy is not all that.
So yeah, we agree on the point that until they produce an equivelant number of stars, you cannot say their academy is better than Barcelona etc.
Well if you base it on actual players then no, but if you base it on results in the youth tournaments then they are.

Serbia have reached the semi-finals or Final of the last 3 U21 tournaments so the talent is definitely there. Whether or not it gets fulfilled is mostly down to the player himself.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Serbia have reached the semi-finals or Final of the last 3 U21 tournaments so the talent is definitely there. Whether or not it gets fulfilled is mostly down to the player himself.
Or the surroundings the player finds himself in. Also I should add that in the past few years Ajax don't have the best academy in Europe, no way near. If you think Partizan is second behind them, then either it's not very good or it's the best in Europe.

vuc

First Team Serb
Or the surroundings the player finds himself in. Also I should add that in the past few years Ajax don't have the best academy in Europe, no way near. If you think Partizan is second behind them, then either it's not very good or it's the best in Europe.
Well then i've read something wrong..

Who has the best youth academy?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Well then i've read something wrong..

Who has the best youth academy?
Not sure I'm in the best place to answer that. Someone like Mr. MUJAC probably would be best. But if I were to hazard a guess I would say Barcelona. I just know that Ajax academy has dried up somewhat in the past few years although Manchuryan (sp) was supposed to be decent last time I heard.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Apperantly after FK Partizan’s win over Real Madrid the Spanish papers are full of articles about Adem Ljajic with one headline basically saying “Sensational Ljajic”.

http://soccermanager.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24471

jb8521

Ljajic played the full match for Partizan as they won 1-0 at the weekend and was involved in all their best play including the lead up to the goal

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I think he would know what Tosic looks like.. Unless he doesn't and Vidic was sitting next to Tosic!

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Anyway here is the goal and you can clearly see Ljajic start the move and move into the box..

vuc

First Team Serb
The Belgrade derby is this Wed, so Ljajic should be in action then.

I would have gone to this match had it been on the weekend, but for some stupid reason its on midweek.