Ljajic Watch

Virtuoso

For those that were concerned whether Partizan would play Ljajic or not, their manager Slavisa Jokanovic clearly regards him very highly and has basically insinuated that he will now be a consistent first team player -

Moreira injured himself in a frinedly versus Belchatow. Is there an alternative to Doctor Mo, if sama or similar happens during the season?

- Ljajic and Tomic can fit in Moreira`s role, in some options even Fejsa or Juca could fill in. One of them could probably be successful doing it, but it wouldn`t be good if we are to be short of Mo.

Is Adem Ljajic guaranteed a place in starting line-up?

- That`s not a nice question. Those I choose play, and if someone thinks Ljajic doesn`t deserve a place in first 11 - then we have a different opinion on football matters.

Far from it. But, are you willing to risk, considering contract option with Man. Utd. where they pay Partizan 40 thousand euros for every game Ljajic plays?

- I know nothing about that contract option. Ljajic will play when we make a judgement he can be useful for the side.

Maybe it would be a better option if Manchester United, instead of Partizan, pays YOU that money to field Adem?

- Not a bad idea, but unrealistic one.
http://www.partizan.co.yu/vest.php?Jezik=en&IDV=72&Jez=en&sec=2&prikaz1=2009

I'm not sure what the United paying 40,000 euros every match Ljajic plays to Partizan "deal" is all about, the interviewer seems intent on speaking rubbish throughout I guess - ofcourse there's not an ounce of truth in it, ridiculous to even contemplate such a situation!

Ekeke

For those that were concerned whether Partizan would play Ljajic or not, their manager Slavisa Jokanovic clearly regards him very highly and has basically insinuated that he will now be a consistent first team player -

http://www.partizan.co.yu/vest.php?Jezik=en&IDV=72&Jez=en&sec=2&prikaz1=2009

I'm not sure what the United paying 40,000 euros every match Ljajic plays to Partizan "deal" is all about, the interviewer seems intent on speaking rubbish throughout I guess - ofcourse there's not an ounce of truth in it, ridiculous to even contemplate such a situation!
Maybe they are referring to us paying his weekly wages or something?

vuc

First Team Serb
Adem Ljajić aware of potential traps in the coming period of going to Manchester

This time next year, instead of the black and white of Partizan, Adem Ljajic will be wearing the red jersey of Manchester United. The lad, who's going through only his second pre season preperation period with the Serbian champions' first team (also his second to last, the summer pre season will be the last), seems like he still hasn't fully grasped everything that has happened in the last month and changed his life completely.

- I'm really still not aware of some things that have happened. I'm only 17, a whole career is ahead of me, I have signed for United, but really, the only thing I want at this moment is the double with Partizan. says Ljajic, the red devil player on loan to Partizan.

There is a real danger that his time in Partizan will be viewed as only a passing station (), not being able to leave a lasting impression. If he wants to be rememberd fondly by the supporters, he only has 11 months to make an impact.

- I don't have much time, but I have a lot of motivation to be remembered for my play, and also for the trophies I won. I will never say that Partizan was just a springboard. This is where I came up, Partizan will always be in my heart. I want to have a big 2009 in the black and white jersey, and that is the biggest motivation in the world for me.

There is a big responibility on the youngster's shoulders, because if things don't go according to plan, there will almost certainly come criticism from the stands that "he signed for Manchester United, so he doesen't give a damn about Partizan".
- I admit, that kind of pressure exists. I think about that often. I am young, and it is a fact that the ball doesen't always bounce how you want it. I would, of course, love to play every game on the highest level, but not even the top level players can do that. Partizan has the best fans in Serbia, and they can tell who always gives his all for the jersey and the crest. I believe they will support me even if things don't go as we had planned. I will never even think about slacking off and not take my job seriously. One year from now, I want to leave with me head held high.

What is Adem Ljajic like in private?
-Normal, like other people, I will surely not change after all of this, I will stay the same to everyone. There is no reason for things to be any different.

Are you more frequently targeted by centre backs or girls?
- Well, about the same!

Are you in a steady relationship?
- I wish to not discuss that.

So, she exists?
- next question, please.

Say something yourself.
- i would like to thank people who have helped me a lot, coach Dusan Trbojevic, who gave me freedom on the pitch, and gave me confidence. I thank my manager Mladen Furtula and my father, people who have always been close to me. I also don't want to forget Bajr Zupic, who taught me my first football steps.

RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ISLAND
Foreshadowed Tosic's debut

Zoran Tosic has made his debut for Manchest United, which made major news in the Partizan camp in Antaliya. Did Ljajic talk to his former and future teammate?
- We did not talk after, but did before the match against Tottenham. We both had the feeling that he will make his debut in that match. I am very happy that he broke the ice, I am sure it will be easier for him now, and that he will show how good of a footballer he is.

I did the best I could, some phrases are hard to translate, if someone wants to change something go ahead.

misterredmist

Looks like a handsome chappy, is that Emile Heskey next to him on that
Partizan team photo ????:devil: Good idea for United to snap him up whilst letting him stay another year in Beograd and get regular footie in the Serbian League

Virtuoso

Thanks for translating the article vuc, much appreciated! Must have been a whirlwind time for Ljajic having signed for United and been thrust into the spotlight while still only 17 and remaining at Partizan too. Good interview, seems grounded and quite aware of what all that has happened will entail for him on and off the pitch - hopefully he can show some real consistent quality on the pitch for the next 11 months and we can see an even better player with ofcourse lots still to learn and plenty of progress to make next January.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Thanks for sharing the interview...

Partizan played a match recently here are the H/L's.. However I did not manage to spot Ljajic in it.. So I am guessing he did not play..

Average Joe

i doubt it very much that we would be paying them ANY fee for every game he plays.. let alone 40000 euros. some of the players don't even earn that amount per week.

like someone mentioned earlier, we are probably paying a portion or all of his wages while on loan at Partizan.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Bump! Any updates? This weekend their season begins right?

vuc

First Team Serb
Correct -

It's the derby tomorrow.

Can't wait, seems to be a lot of atmosphere building up.

This was for the players training session! Check the snowball fight :lol:

Virtuoso

Bump! Any updates? This weekend their season begins right?
Yeah it restarts with Partizan v Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade), the Belgrade derby tomorrow. Ljajic came on as a substitute a few days ago in a friendly, but overall in the mid-season friendlies he has started most games apart from a small period when he was away with Serbia U21s. I think he will start tomorrow to be honest. Partizan are top of the league by 3 points by the way, Crvena Zvezda are 3rd and 7 points behind.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Correct -

It's the derby tomorrow.

Where oh where do you find these Videos?

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Correct -

It's the derby tomorrow.

fecking hell! thats a training session? :lol: @ the snowball fight

vuc

First Team Serb
fecking hell! thats a training session? :lol: @ the snowball fight
Yah, its not always like this though because that would just be OTT. Currently we are trailing Partizan by 7 points so we need to win this game, thats why the fans are trying to motivate the team further.

The derby starts in 45 minutes btw.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Yah, its not always like this though because that would just be OTT. Currently we are trailing Partizan by 7 points so we need to win this game, thats why the fans are trying to motivate the team further.

The derby starts in 45 minutes btw.
Is Ljajic in the starting line-up? Any streams?

Virtuoso

In terms of team line-ups, the probable ones from yesterday would suggest that Ljajic will start today -

Expected Line-ups:

Partizan Belgrade (Probable): M. Bozovic - Stevanovic, Djordjevic, Knezevic, Obradovic - Juca, Fejsa, Vujovic, Moreira, Ljajic - Diarra.

Crvena Zvezda (Probable): Stamenkovic - Ninkov, Tomovic, Tutoric, Jeff Silva - Lazetic, Milijas, Isah, Koroman - Cleo, Parker.

Doogie

It would be nice to be able to see this game on my computer screen somehow ;)

Virtuoso

I've got a different link from the one I sent to some of you running now, it's on WMP and is working perfectly with the picture and sound far clearer. PM me if anyone wants a link.

Doogie

Gooooooal

Don't know who scored but it was the other team.