Ljajic Watch

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
The Belgrade derby is this Wed, so Ljajic should be in action then.

I would have gone to this match had it been on the weekend, but for some stupid reason its on midweek.
So soon? Wasn't it in Feb as well? iirc it was their 1st competitive fixture this year (2009) Is their league like the Scottish league where each team plays each other so many times depending on how the first half of their season goes?

Name Changed

weso26
The Belgrade derby is this Wed, so Ljajic should be in action then.

I would have gone to this match had it been on the weekend, but for some stupid reason its on midweek.
Presumably that is the biggest match in Serbia? It would be great to see how he gets on. What position is he playing? Right wing?

vuc

First Team Serb
So soon? Wasn't it in Feb as well? iirc it was their 1st competitive fixture this year (2009) Is their league like the Scottish league where each team plays each other so many times depending on how the first half of their season goes?
Yeh in a way it is.. well lately it seems.

The even stupider thing is that the last Derby was played at the JNA (Partizan's stadium) and this one on Wed is being played there again!

Don't know what to think about the Serbian league anymore these days.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Presumably that is the biggest match in Serbia? It would be great to see how he gets on. What position is he playing? Right wing?
He usually plays on the left. This site is great if you want to keep an eye on him. The day after a match, or at least within a couple of days, they post a minute-by-minute highlight report as well as video of the entire game. If you cross-reference the two you can easily check out all significant bits of play Ljajic is involved in.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
He usually plays on the left. This site is great if you want to keep an eye on him. The day after a match, or at least within a couple of days, they post a minute-by-minute highlight report as well as video of the entire game. If you cross-reference the two you can easily check out all significant bits of play Ljajic is involved in.
In a sense you can only see a few seconds from the entire match instead of seeing the entire thing?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
In a sense you can only see a few seconds from the entire match instead of seeing the entire thing?
If you feel like watching the whole thing in that little window, go right ahead.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
If you feel like watching the whole thing in that little window, go right ahead.
No man I mean what if I only want to see the parts in which he is involved.. will I have to let the whole thing load or just go straight to the part where he does whatever..

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
No man I mean what if I only want to see the parts in which he is involved.. will I have to let the whole thing load or just go straight to the part where he does whatever..
You don't have to wait for the whole thing to load. It's like a youtube, you can click your way around and it loads from there.

Name Changed

weso26
I don't remember mate, but most of their team was defending in the last derby so he was tracking back if that helps.
Cheers.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
You don't have to wait for the whole thing to load. It's like a youtube, you can click your way around and it loads from there.
Thanks man.. Is there a way to like make a Ljajic video every week with all his touches?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I thought he was the black lad.

Anyway, this video shows next to nothing. How did he play then?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Ljajic, apparently, didn't have a good game from what I could translate through google. Weakest Partizan player they say.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I thought he was the black lad.

Anyway, this video shows next to nothing. How did he play then?
:lol:

Yea I know this video doesn't show much.. But I try my best to share all the video's of Partizan..

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner

Ljajic played for 45 mins and was subbed out at half time.. He had no part in any of the goals as they both came in the second half..

Elliot I could not locate the minute to minute match report on that site.. Can you please point me in the right direction!

Virtuoso

Thanks for the video Chirag, the match reports are usually on the homepage but it's not up just yet.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Got 2 brilliant assists as well. A clever through ball and a great set piece delivery. Seems to have a very good right foot.

davisjw

Niiiiiice! Really looking forward to see what he can do next second half of the season when he starts getting coached by our youth setup. Pity we have to wait that long...

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
FFS I can find videos for ever match Partizan plays and now suddenly I cannot find the one in which our boy actually does something note worthy!

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!

vuc

First Team Serb
The last goal was nice.

The latest article on him, basically saying he cant wait to join United and to train with the best players in the world which will help him to assess on what level he's actually playing at the moment, noting there's a huge difference between english and serbian football especially regarding the pace of the game.

http://www.srbijasport.com/vest.php?news_id=18536&sport_id=55
Can't even see the goals because Partizan are that incompetent that you can only watch it with Silverlight installed. Kreteni..

Anyway, Miha did you Milijas's goals yesterday :drool:

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner

Ljajic was a second half sub and played for the full 45 mins of it..

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He`s only 17 years old. We had to start this article with that sentence, as we made an exclusive interview for our website with Adem Ljajic, Partizan FC offensive midfielder and U-19 and U-21 Serbian national team player. He is still more of a teenager and someone who`ll have to wait for his 18th birthday almost six months more, until 29th of September. He is also someone who almost a year ago joined Partizan FC senior squad. Many Partizan supporters do not realise all this and they tend to critisize Adem`s game as they would do in case of any other first team member of Serbian championship title holder. But, he is definitely so, so young..How young? Read this:

Adem Ljajic is younger than Moreira – 13 years and 3 months, compared to Juca – almost 12 full years, talented „youngster“ Nemanja Tomic is older 3 years and 8 months, Ljubomir Fejsa over 3 years, Danijel Marceta 2 years and 8 months, Raca Petrovic 2 and-a-half-years.

Now think about where Adem Ljajic will be, in football terms, in 2 years. Of course, with good health being with him all along, which we sincerely wish him here and now! What Adem Ljajic will mean in a world of football in 3 to 4 years? What will football world be saying about him in 1 o to 12 years? Let`s think about it..

Ljajic happily took some time for a chat with us. He`s generally attentive to journalists while us from official web have some additonal privilegies. Why? Because we are part of black-and-white famliy and Partizan is for Adem, besides his true family, something most important in the world. He says it will stay that way even when he puts on another jersey.

We spoke to Adem day prior to Partizan v Javor league game. It was a chat about lots of things, but we concentrated at his agenda, and those of Partizan and Serbian youth national team. We talked about season so far, about what happens after, about that heated football Summer eagerly awaited by Partizan die-hards..

Here are some extracts from an audio interview:

I`ve noticed people often forget how old I am, but i`m a professional and I have to my job in a proper manner. Being younger than others is not an excuse, pitch is something else and I try to enter each game the best I can“.

Two games are already deep in his memory.

- „Of course I`ll remember that Crvena Zvezda game. I was part of a side winning our bitter rivals at home after some years of waiting. I`ll also keep OFK Beograd encounter deep inside my memory as I scored my first goal there. It was also the second game after I publically 'came out' and the OFK supporters gave me such a good welcome. I knew I had done the right thing and that I nothing to worry about. Serbia is quite advanced when it comes to tolerance, much better than it's reputation“.

Partizan practically won the title and will appear in semifinals of national cup, other trophy our side is aiming to defend.

I hope we`ll win a cup, too. We are best side in Serbia, we showed we can play good football in that competition also. Afterwards, we are gearing up for the new season“.

Partizan aims for CL, as new format of qualification rounds is something that apparently suits our side.

-„I think our club has a great chance to qualify and I hope we`ll manage it. We have a good side, club is functioning superbly and I believe we`ll show our value in Europe, also“

Ljajic was only 12 years old when Partizan had the only CL adventure.

- „ I remember watching Porto game at home in Novi Pazar. Year later I arrived at the club. I hope CL will be back in Humska Street“.

He might be called-up for youth EC taking place in Sweden this Summer, which means there`s no Summer holidays..

- „I hope national coach Krcmarevic will list me for that one and I`m not afraid of getting tired. If so, when I come back to the club we continue with pre-season preps and kick-off CL qualifiers“.

Ljajic is actually on loan from Manchester United, but that doesn`t change his approach to the game here.

- „ I love Partizan very much and I try not to think about people saying i`m saving myself for United. But, I love Partizan the most, I respect this jersey and club`s coat of arms, trying to be what I`ve always been.“

http://www.partizan.rs/