Ljajic Watch

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
I was a bit worried a while, kept reading match reports from Partizan matches and it seemed like he did nothing.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He had a terrific assist for Partizan's other goal as well.

vuc

First Team Serb
There is a very good chance that Partizan will progress into the CL this year, therefore Ljajic would be pitted against some big clubs. Will be interesting to see how he copes with that.

vuc

First Team Serb
I'd be surprised if United let him play in the CL for Partizan, what with him transferring halfway through the season.
Yeh this has been a topic I've been discussing elsewhere. Seeing as Ljajic won't be able to come to United till next Jan, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to play for Partizan in the CL qualifiers. If anything it would be good for United to see Ljajic playing in a more competitive surrounding than the Serbian league - which is shit to be frank. :(

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Yeh this has been a topic I've been discussing elsewhere. Seeing as Ljajic won't be able to come to United till next Jan, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to play for Partizan in the CL qualifiers. If anything it would be good for United to see Ljajic playing in a more competitive surrounding than the Serbian league - which is shit to be frank. :(
He would then be cup-tied in the CL, wouldn't he?

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
He would then be cup-tied in the CL, wouldn't he?
Indeed, but it's highly unlikely that he will figure in the latter stages of our Champions League campaign (should we get there, of course), so I would be all for it. I would imagine that he will be used in a similar fashion to Tosic, for the first six months, or so.

While it would possibly make sense to allow him to remain with Partizan until the start of the following season, thereby gaining even more first team experience, the practice of using the Jan-August period for young players to settle in to a new club/country/culture, etc, has proven rather effective. The Da Silva twins, Tosic, and even Vidic and Evra, to some extent (although they were given some game time), is testament to that.

Of course, it all depends on the players, themselves. If they look the part almost instantly, Sir Alex will have no hesitation in using them. That's why Rafael has played so many games, this season. It was obviously clear to Sir Alex that Tosic needed to spend some time in the gym, as well on the pitch in "British surroundings", which is why he has spent most of the second half of this season in the reserves. And it looks to have paid off, although I don't want to sound overly confident about that.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
^^ I agree and really hope that Partizan do make it to the CL next year.. Would like to see Ljajic on a broader European stage!

Thanks.. Great assist that.. Very Rooney like indeed..

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
:lol:

Yeh, I'm hoping that they don't get Arsenal though.. in fact I think its more likely that they will get a weaker European team.
How so? Isn't who they get based on their leagues co-efficients and their own seeding? are they a highly seeded team?

vuc

First Team Serb
How so? Isn't who they get based on their leagues co-efficients and their own seeding? are they a highly seeded team?
I think that things have changed this year. Partizan will have one of the highest co-efficient points from rest of the teams in its position therefore won't be pitted against the very big guns.

Москва2008

Under investigation...no more points for now
http://www.skysports.com/football/transfers/scout

Adem Ljajic has long been touted as one of the finest player's young players Serbia has ever produced, and he is showing no signs of not being able living up to that tag.

He has starred for Serbia's youth team on the international stage, which first attracted interest from a string of Europe's top clubs and Manchester United have used their contacts in Eastern Europe to great effect by landing a precocious talent like Ljajic.

He will join United next year, but is he ready for the Premier League? Simple answer is yes, very much so. As a 15 and 16 year-old his talent was there to behold, but in the last 18-months his body has filled out so that he is now more than capable of playing at the senior level.

But as he has grown he has not lost any of his natural skill or pace. His close control is a joy to behold and he loves to beat men, sometimes more than once, which is something which will no doubt be removed from his game under Sir Alex Ferguson and his staff.

He has been labelled the 'Little Kaka' but that the comparisons are not that accurate, Ljajic make become a more central player and he certainly has excellent vision - but his crossing and ability out-wide mean his future - in the short-term at least - is on the wing.

The one major of area of concern has been his finishing, but again this looks to be improving all the time and he has shown this by bagging five goals for Partizan this season.

The scout says...

One of the most talented youngsters we have looked at. Has all the attributes to make it to the very top, and what better place to hone his talents than Manchester United.

On moving to Old Trafford he is unlikely to be rushed into first-team action, but on talent alone they may not be able to hold him back for too long.

The Scout rating...

Shooting: 7 out of 10

Passing: 9 out of 10

Tackling: 6 out of 10

Heading: 6 out of 10

Pace: 9 out of 10

Vision: 9 out of 10

Current ability: 9 out of 10

Potential ability: 10 out of 10

OVERALL SCOUT RATING: 65/80

Current value: £8million

Potential value: £50million

Virtuoso

I read that earlier today too, very promising stuff. Let's hope he keeps on progressing at this rate, brave call to say that he'll be ready for the Premier League when he arrives.

OneUnited24

TBH that skysports scout watch has given everyone a 50+/80 even people i've seen a bit of and dont think they are that good

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."

OneUnited24

Pls explain..
In the past high 'ranking' teams like Asnl, Roma, Villareal would be paired to the lower 'ranked' teams such as Keiv... However next season the UCLQ will not have any sort of protection so we could see Asnl vs Roma and other tough games.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
I've been reading several of Skysports' previous reports, and I don't rate them at all to be honest.

First, their structure (giving marks from 1 to 10; rating only six abilities) is a bit too light to be reliable. All the scouted players have a similar overall rating ranging from 55 to 65. Some of whom I've been watching in the Ligue 1 are nothing more than average youngsters.

Moreover, it is cocky to rate a 17-year-old current ability at 9/10, furthermore I've got a feeling this journalist would never had taken a look at a young Serbian lad playing in the Serbian league hadn't he been signed by Manchester. Other players being as promising as Ljajic, such as Danijel Aleksic, playing for Vojvodina (2nd in the league, trailing Partizan), do not even figure in these Skysports reports, so to see Ljajic's future price tag being all of a sudden propelled at 50 m£ is preposterous. :eek:

Having watched Adem several times, I can say nonetheless that he is a talent, who should be able to overcome the gap between the English and the Serbian league without any problem. I reckon he is far more promising than Eikrem, the current right attacking midfielder with the Reserves, and Drinkwater, the central midfielder, at their respective positions.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
In the past high 'ranking' teams like Asnl, Roma, Villareal would be paired to the lower 'ranked' teams such as Keiv... However next season the UCLQ will not have any sort of protection so we could see Asnl vs Roma and other tough games.
Oh nice.. I forgot next year the CL will be in a new format..

Paddy

paddyf091
Moreover, it is cocky to rate a 17-year-old current ability at 9/10, furthermore I've got a feeling this journalist would never had taken a look at a young Serbian lad playing in the Serbian league hadn't he been signed by Manchester. Other players being as promising as Ljajic, such as Danijel Aleksic, playing for Vojvodina (2nd in the league, trailing Partizan), do not even figure in these Skysports reports, so to see Ljajic's future price tag being all of a sudden propelled at 50 m£ is preposterous. :eek:
The Sky Scout thing looks at players suggested by people by email I think. So clearly some United fan has suggested Ljajic, so that explains why he was looked at.

Jammy

10k Spammer Award!
Ljajic will be playing tomorrow against Jagodina at home. Updates to follow.

kanchelskis14

I wonder if he'll feature for us in pre-season, similarly to how Dong did while on loan. Fergie may want him to spend some more time over here with us and actually play a game or two.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I wonder if he'll feature for us in pre-season, similarly to how Dong did while on loan. Fergie may want him to spend some more time over here with us and actually play a game or two.
Good catch... I believe that what may happen..

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Nope. Ljajic is not on loan at Partizan, he's stil their player until 2010.

Virtuoso

Nope. Ljajic is not on loan at Partizan, he's stil their player until 2010.
No, he has been a Manchester United player since January 2009 but is on loan to Partizan until January 2010. He is our player, and could potentially play for us on our tour in Asia this summer.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Ljajic did not feature in newly-crowned Partizan's defeat against the Jagodina underdogs (1-2).

He is probably on his way to Carrington at the moment.

Virtuoso

Ljajic did not feature in newly-crowned Partizan's defeat against the Jagodina underdogs (1-2).

He is probably on his way to Carrington at the moment.
Cheers for the update, what makes you think that? Is their season now over? He came earlier in the season as well to train with the players for a few days.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Cheers for the update, what makes you think that? Is their season now over? He came earlier in the season as well to train with the players for a few days.

In fact I was wrong. I thought that, given that Partizan are already champions, Ljajic would now join us and train as a standard United player.

But I found it rather odd and after checking on the Partizan website I saw that in fact he has gone to play with the U19 Serbian team.

Virtuoso

In fact I was wrong. I thought that, given that Partizan are already champions, Ljajic would now join us and train as a standard United player.

But I found it rather odd and after checking on the Partizan website I saw that in fact he has gone to play with the U19 Serbian team.
Ah right, surprised that he's in the Serbia U19 squad considering he's already played and scored for the U21s who are in the U21 Euro Championships this summer - I hope he's in their squad for that, the whole tournament is going to be shown live on Sky Sports so it would be a good chance to see how he does on the international stage.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Ah right, surprised that he's in the Serbia U19 squad considering he's already played and scored for the U21s who are in the U21 Euro Championships this summer - I hope he's in their squad for that, the whole tournament is going to be shown live on Sky Sports so it would be a good chance to see how he does on the international stage.

I checked and currently he is with the Under 19s.

Anyway, Adem Ljajic scored a free kick today in what was Serbia's only goal for their first match in the Euro Qualifiers against Finland. :)

They surprisingly were held to a draw 1-1.

They play again on Thursday, against Austria.