Loan Watch

jb8521

So what exactly are work experience loans?
Its where the club taking players who are on a scholarship on loan are only responsible for the footballing part of the scholarship but are not responsible for the schooling part as far as I know

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
No loan for Micheal Keane is a bit surprising.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Definitely going down to watch Derby V Birmingham today, hoping the 3 loanee's are in the match squad.

KM

Definitely going down to watch Derby V Birmingham today, hoping the 3 loanee's are in the match squad.
I want detailed scouting reports on Thorpe and Blackett.

KM

Wasn't he recalled from that?

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Wasn't he recalled from that?
Ah you're right my bad. I still thought he was there because he hasn't played for the U21s with Charni playing in defence instead.

Is the loan window closed then?

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Michael Keane and Jesse Lingard are two high profile players from reserves who haven't gone on loan and are probably the best hopes to make the cut, apart from Zaha and Powell who aren't our academy players anyway. What do you guys think? Moyes will keep including them in matchday squad, give a first team feel so as to integrate them next year or they will still be loaned out? (Is there additional one week loan window for championship similar to the one after summer transfer window deadline?)

KM

1. John de Loos ‏@dilynux9m
      #Loanwatch: Nick Powell failed a late fitness-test and isn't in the Wigan squad.

2. #Loanwatch: Tom Thorpe and Tyler Blackett start for Birmingham City today, while Federico Macheda is on the bench.

#Loanwatch: Jack Barmby starts for Hartlepool United today

3. #Loanwatch: Sam Johnstone starts in goal for Doncaster Rovers today while they take on Middlesbrough

4. #Loanwatch: Wilfried Zaha is on the bench for Cardiff City today, while former #mufc player Fabio Da Silva starts.

5. #Loanwatch: Charni Ekangamene starts for Carlisle United today, while Sam Byrne is on the bench.

LR7

Nice to see so many of them getting starts straight away.

Levo

Band of Brothers
At Birmingham, Thorpe's badly injured going off on a stretcher.

Looks really bad, lot of staff around him. Ankle by the looks of it.

Genius Me!

Anyone know what position Charni is playing?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
At Birmingham, Thorpe's badly injured going off on a stretcher.

Looks really bad, lot of staff around him. Ankle by the looks of it.
What the feck is it with this cnuting day!?

Levo

Band of Brothers
Thorpe was injured early on, he had nothing to do apart from a few routine headers and passes.

Blackett looked relatively good, very composed on the ball albeit taking it to the extreme at times. He was a bit enthusiastic in the tackle too much at one point where he conceded a penalty against Hughes. Made up for this later on by making up ground on Russell as he looked to score after a 1-2.

Macheda came on late on an looked lively, few good passes and had a good chance which was well saved by Grant. Didn't see the goal as had left the stadium by then, you'll have to
tune into the Football League show later on for it.

PS18

Michael Keane and Jesse Lingard are two high profile players from reserves who haven't gone on loan and are probably the best hopes to make the cut, apart from Zaha and Powell who aren't our academy players anyway. What do you guys think? Moyes will keep including them in matchday squad, give a first team feel so as to integrate them next year or they will still be loaned out? (Is there additional one week loan window for championship similar to the one after summer transfer window deadline?)
Loan window does re-open again, yes. Would be very surprised if Keane doesn't go somewhere (unless Evans and Jones are out long-time I guess).

PS18

Blackett looked relatively good, very composed on the ball albeit taking it to the extreme at times. He was a bit enthusiastic in the tackle too much at one point where he conceded a penalty against Hughes. Made up for this later on by making up ground on Russell as he looked to score after a 1-2.
He's taking a ton of stick from Birmingham fans on twitter, fwiw. Part of the reason why all these loans are a bit unsatisfactory to me - fans of the clubs these guys go to have no investment in the players and get on their backs in no time.

Levo

Band of Brothers
He's taking a ton of stick from Birmingham fans on twitter, fwiw. Part of the reason why all these loans are a bit unsatisfactory to me - fans of the clubs these guys go to have no investment in the players and get on their backs in no time.
He did give away a penalty and one foul in a dangerous place, apart from that he was solid. Didn't really look to attack but then again despite the score Birmingham weren't on the front foot all that much.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I always saw that as part of the learning curve. Just take a look around this fecking insane asylum and you'll see why they need to develop thick skins.

Any news on Thorpe's injury?

Levo

Band of Brothers
I always saw that as part of the learning curve. Just take a look around this fecking insane asylum and you'll see why they need to develop thick skins.

Any news on Thorpe's injury?
I'd imagine you may be waiting a little while for scans an the such, my friend works for the club so I'll see if they know anything.

Genius Me!

Has Reece James not gone out on loan? I think he's one of the most underrated of the youngsters on here, hopefully he gets more chances playing the DM position for us.

Pearson James
Pereira

That would be a very exciting midfield combination I reckon for the U21s.

jb8521

Has Reece James not gone out on loan? I think he's one of the most underrated of the youngsters on here, hopefully he gets more chances playing the DM position for us.

Pearson James
Pereira

That would be a very exciting midfield combination I reckon for the U21s.
He's probably more likely to play left back with Blackett going out on loan

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Most likely but I think he's wasted there.
I agree. The 2 best performances I've seen from him have been from central midfield. He's got the awareness of a central midfielder, just like his bro. Still, I'd rather see Pearson and Rothwell behind Pereira tonight but I guess Rothwell might be deployed in a wide position again.

Genius Me!

I agree. The 2 best performances I've seen from him have been from central midfield. He's got the awareness of a central midfielder, just like his bro. Still, I'd rather see Pearson and Rothwell behind Pereira tonight but I guess Rothwell might be deployed in a wide position again.
Ah is he Matty James brother? I didn't even realise. Yeah I only saw him the once in midfield a couple of weeks ago but you can tell he's got quick train of thought and a really good range of passing ability. He's good as a left back, but I think he could prove to be a lot better in the centre of the park, a position he says he would prefer to play.

jb8521

Yeah I agree he looks better in centre midfield but thats the one position We have plenty of players in and I would prefer to see Pearson and rothwell behind pereira but petrucci will almost definitely start so at least 1 of them will be out wide or on the bench

Levo

Band of Brothers
Apparently Thorpe has ankle ligament damage and has returned to the club, no mention of severity or time out though.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Apparently Thorpe has ankle ligament damage and has returned to the club, no mention of severity or time out though.
I was watching the Brum game, it was nasty, very early on as well, about quarter of an hour gone and he was just out, I don't think we'll see him play again this season to be quite honest... if I'm wrong, he's a lucky guy

Levo

Band of Brothers
I was watching the Brum game, it was nasty, very early on as well, about quarter of an hour gone and he was just out, I don't think we'll see him play again this season to be quite honest... if I'm wrong, he's a lucky guy
Yeah I was in the stands, had about 7-8 minutes injury time added due to the time taken to sort him out.

Red Stone

Macheda scored two goals for Birmingham today. Finally a good loan for him?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Macheda scored two goals for Birmingham today. Finally a good loan for him?
I don't know. This isn't the first loan he has started well but he usually drops off rather quickly. The Adebayor of loan deals.

KM

Davide Petrucci going to Cluj on loan according to Di Marzio.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Is Vermijl still playing regularly?
16 starts and 2 sub appearances totally 1544 minutes, according to Transfermarkt. Works out at 85 minutes a game on average, so yeah it sounds like he's a regular.