Loan Watch

jeston

Powell just scored for Wigan. Late equaliser, great strike too apparently.

cj_sparky

Might be too late for Macheda now at United, but it is great to see him finally get a good loan move.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Matcheda still banging them in,,, would like to see him with a chance to play for a bigger club, think he may surprise a few, the boy has goals in him.

Redo91

The loan period ended on Thursday so those rumours of James Wilson to Burnley and Joe Rothwell are sure not to happen now.
That's a shame. Sam Vokes picked up a nasty looking knee injury yesterday so they really could do with Wilson now. Would have been great to see him playing in a side challenging for promotion to the PL.

lysglimt

Scout
Here are the rules - and they were NOT easy to understand

53.3 Emergency and Youth Loans. Subject to the provisions of Regulation 52.2, Emergency Loan and Youth Loan transfers shall only be approved in accordance with the following provisions:

53.3.1 Notwithstanding the definition of Parent Club, Emergency and Youth Loans may only be concluded with clubs affiliated (directly or through County Football Associations) to the Football Association unless any club not so affiliated plays in any of the competitions set out in Regulation 53.2.1.

53.3.2 Emergency and Youth Loans are permitted both during the Transfer Windows and, subject to the provisions of Regulation 53.3.5, also during a Closed Period between Clubs (or, as applicable, clubs) in membership of The Football League, The Premier League and The Football Conference (Premier Division).

53.3.3 During the Transfer Windows, Emergency Loans and Youth Loans are also permitted between Clubs and, as applicable, clubs in membership of the Football Conference (North), Football Conference (South), Northern Premier League, the Isthmian League and Southern League providing the rules and regulations of the respective league so allow. Any Emergency Loan concluded in accordance with this Regulation may be renewed during a Closed Period provided the renewal is simultaneous with the expiry of the immediately preceding period of the Emergency Loan.

53.3.4 Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulations 53.3.2 and 53.3.3, a Player cannot be registered on an Emergency Loan or Youth Loan:

(a) during the period of seven days after the end of a Transfer Window;

(b) in the first half of the Season, after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in November; and

(c) in the second half of the Season, after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March

unless in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 54.

53.3.5 Only:

(a) Scholars who are in the second or third (if that option is exercised) year of their Scholarship Agreement; or

(b) Contract Players aged 20 or under on 1st July immediately preceding the Season in question,

may be registered on a Youth Loan.

53.3.6 It shall be a condition of any Youth Loan involving a Scholar, or a Contract Player who continues to qualify as an Academy Player, that for the duration of the period of the Youth Loan the Player continues to fully comply with the programme of education in place for that Player.

53.3.7 A Player registered on a Youth Loan may, provided this is agreed between the two clubs and the Player, continue to train with and/or play for his Parent Club (or club) in any match other than matches played as part of the Premier League Competition, League Competition, League Cup, Football Association Challenge Cup or Football League Trophy (First Team Matches). Participation by the Player in First Team Matches for the Loaning Club shall take precedence.

53.3.8 Any days on which the Player participates in a reserve team match and/or attends any training sessions for the Loaning Club (or club)) shall still count towards the period of the Youth Loan.

53.3.9 Except for the specific circumstances provided for in Regulations 53.3.11, 53.3.12 and 54, the minimum duration of any Emergency Loan and Youth Loan shall be 28 days and the maximum duration of an Emergency Loan is 93 days. The loan period is inclusive of the starting date and the finishing date. Youth Loans may not extend beyond the date of the Player's 21st birthday.

53.3.10 Emergency Loans and Youth Loans may contain a break clause but only where that break clause is exercisable after the expiry of the initial 28 day period of the loan.

53.3.11 Emergency Loans and Youth Loans involving goalkeepers (but not otherwise) may be subject to a recall clause within the first 28 days. Any recall may only be implemented in extenuating circumstances and with the consent of the Executive, such extenuating circumstances to be determined in the Executive's absolute discretion.

53.3.12 The Executive shall have discretion to extend the maximum duration of 93 days for an Emergency Loan in extenuating circumstances, such circumstances to be determined in the Executive's absolute discretion.

53.3.13 Subject to Regulation 53.3.14, where the Emergency Loan or Youth Loan of a Player expires (and is not renewed simultaneously) any subsequent Emergency Loan or Youth Loan of that Player to the same Club will be subject to a minimum duration of 28 days as set out in Regulation 53.3.9.

53.3.14 The cumulative total number of days of all Emergency Loans of one Player to the same Club may not exceed 93 days (unless extended by the Executive in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 53.3.12).

53.4 International Loan. Clubs may also sign players from foreign clubs (which, for the purposes of this Regulation means any club not affiliated to the Football Association unless such club plays in any of the competitions set out in Regulation 53.2.1) in accordance with the principles set out in Article 10 of the FIFA Regulations (International Loan) subject to the following provisos:

53.4.1 the onus is on the Loaning Club to identify whether the signing of the player from a foreign club is a permanent transfer or International Loan. Players may not be signed from a foreign club on any other basis;

53.4.2 Players signed on an International Loan must sign an employment contract with the Loaning Club in a form equivalent to the Standard Contract;

53.4.3 the defined term of Standard Loan in Regulations 53.2.5 to 53.2.7 inclusive shall be deemed to include International Loans such that International Loans shall count towards the quotas set out therein.

54 Emergency Loan of Goalkeepers

54.1 If all the professional goalkeepers at a Club are either certified by an independent medical practitioner as being unfit to play or are suspended, a Club may register (either before or after the deadlines laid down in Regulation 53.3.5), a further goalkeeper on a short term Emergency Loan in accordance with the following provisions:

54.1.1 The Executive shall allow a Club to sign such a goalkeeper for a period of 7 days (notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 53.3.10), inclusive of the starting date and finishing date.

54.1.2 Any such short term Emergency Loan shall be subject to The League, in appropriate circumstances, having received (including by facsimile) the appropriate medical certificate(s) and the Executive having confirmed that the circumstances conform to the provisions of this Regulation.

54.1.3 The period of any short term Emergency Loan of a goalkeeper may be renewed for 7 days at a time but further medical certification must be provided on each occasion.

54.1.4 Any short term Emergency Loan in respect of the same goalkeeper may not exceed 93 days during any Season.

54.1.5 The provisions of Regulation 52.2.2 shall not apply to the Emergency Loan of a goalkeeper.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I don't see the point of selling Macheda, unless he absolutely want's to go, his contract is up so we won't get a fee and I really believe he will turn into a top player, maybe not Manchester United, but still a top player, be silly to let him go and give up after the time/wages invested..

Did Anderson/Bebé get any time at all?

Also, anyone know how Fabio's doing since he moved on?

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
I don't see the point of selling Macheda, unless he absolutely want's to go, his contract is up so we won't get a fee and I really believe he will turn into a top player, maybe not Manchester United, but still a top player, be silly to let him go and give up after the time/wages invested..

Did Anderson/Bebé get any time at all?

Also, anyone know how Fabio's doing since he moved on?
He is out of contract and will most definitely leave.

Fabio was sold to Cardiff in January. Been a starter for them.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He is out of contract and will most definitely leave.

Fabio was sold to Cardiff in January. Been a starter for them.
That's not what I asked, I asked does he want to leave, not the likeliness of whether he will or not, and Fabio has been starting? That's good to know, always will have a soft spot for him, has he looked any good or are Moyes/SAF justified in not rating him?

Joemo

whistling in the wind
That's not what I asked, I asked does he want to leave, not the likeliness of whether he will or not, and Fabio has been starting? That's good to know, always will have a soft spot for him, has he looked any good or are Moyes/SAF justified in not rating him?
From his time at Stuttgart last year
"In June the loan will end but I already have a verbal agreement with Stuttgart to extend my stay. If there is a chance to, I would be really happy to stay"...."But returning now would not be good for my career because I need to play with continuity."
Fabio has started 8 of the 10 Cardiff games he was available for, was on the bench once and didn't make the latest squad in their 3-0 loss to Palace. He's been subbed off 5 times, most around the 70 minute but was subbed after 35 minutes against West Brom (I'm assuming an injury hence why he wasn't in the latest squad.)

Patchbeard

Lingard finally scored for Brighton today with a header to put them 2-0 up at Leicester. They won 4-1 in the end, puts them back in the hunt for the playoffs after a bad spell without a win a while. Fair to say he's been disappointing for them til now, seeing as his thread title on the main Brighton forum reads: LINGARD - Anyone else notice that we've become even worse since he's has arrived?

A1X

Lingard finally scored for Brighton today with a header to put them 2-0 up at Leicester. They won 4-1 in the end, puts them back in the hunt for the playoffs after a bad spell without a win a while. Fair to say he's been disappointing for them til now, seeing as his thread title on the main Brighton forum reads: LINGARD - Anyone else notice that we've become even worse since he's has arrived?
It hasn't struck me as his fault, if Brighton had any pace up front he'd have done better, he's overhit too many passes but that's because Ulloa can't run and Lopez won't. Buckley would play better alongside him, it's just a shame his hamstrings are made of gaffer tape and hope.

This is the thread from the Brighton forum. Most seem to think he's a good player being played out of position wide left. Or as it's known round here, "doing a Kagawa".

Patchbeard

It hasn't struck me as his fault, if Brighton had any pace up front he'd have done better, he's overhit too many passes but that's because Ulloa can't run and Lopez won't. Buckley would play better alongside him, it's just a shame his hamstrings are made of gaffer tape and hope.

This is the thread from the Brighton forum. Most seem to think he's a good player being played out of position wide left. Or as it's known round here, "doing a Kagawa".
I'm not intentionally knocking Lingard in my post, I've been following his progress keenly since last years pre-season but he's definitely been a disappointment so far at Brighton. I know a lot of Leicester fans who were slagging him off last season though he never got a chance there, but at Brighton he's been lucky that Garcia has stuck with him til now. Hopefully todays performance will see them turn the corner and sneak into the playoffs, and meet Wigan & Powell in the final.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He's played his last few matches at RB. I wonder how he is there, never seen him play there. Maybe he could be squad option at CB and RB. I think I'd prefer him to get a PL loan though.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
M. Keane is most comfortable at CB and that's where his talent suits him as well. A PL team loan next year can get him ready to be contender for first team year after. Scores fairly regularly as well for a defender.

Lingard too scored yesterday.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies

Goal and assist for Angelo yesterday. Assist around the 1:20 mark, goal 1:45ish. Not a bad strike. He definitely seems to have bulked up a bit.

Redo91

Goal and assist for Angelo yesterday. Assist around the 1:20 mark, goal 1:45ish. Not a bad strike. He definitely seems to have bulked up a bit.
Does he have any chance of making the Chile squad for the WC? I remember he scored on his debut for the senior team last year.

A1X

Rather overtaken by the Moyes news but Lingard played for Brighton again today at the Amex, poor display from them and in the end failed to beat struggling Blackpool. Solly March, one of their youngsters, was so anonymous that Lingard had to keep cropping up in various places to make up for the lack of numbers. Decent display but not brilliant.

Brighton are on Sky Sports on Friday against Yeovil. If Craig Mackail-Smith is fit enough to start he might miss out, but such are the way they're picking the team right now who knows.

jb8521

Barmby and Lawrence scored today. Johnstone was man of the match for Doncaster again as he kept another clean sheet

mo0

Brum/Blackburn - 5 current/ex United academy players involved, though no M. Keane.

plus Rittenberg (U18 for ENG), Kane (Chelsea loanee), Huws (City midfielder) also on show.

nifty.

A1X

Lingard and Lawrence both start for their respective teams in Brighton vs. Yeovil tonight, live on Sky Sports

Nickosaur

Lingard and Lawrence both start for their respective teams in Brighton vs. Yeovil tonight, live on Sky Sports
Nice. I'll be watching, hoping for Brighton to make it into the play-offs at least.

Nickosaur

Lingard's having a great game! Still 0-0 but just put in two real dangerous crosses. Brighton should be leading.

LR7

Was just about to post similar. Jesse is playing really well.

LR7

Tom Lawrence looks like he's picked up a bad injury here
Edit: he's back on looking fine