Television Loki (Tv series)

Sylar

In fairness where else was he going to post about it? :D
Touche

But I think it's been explained by others
I mean I won't fully criticise somebody for how they do things even if it comes off as being a different kind of masochist

However if I expected a show to be worse than garbage I then wouldn't go out of my way to watch it as soon as it's released and on top of it waste more time to tell random people I found it to be shit as it feels like a waste of time when at a point now we have more access to content than ever before (we aren't starving for choice compared to time available)

Sylar

Loved the ending of episode 2

enchantress right?

b82REZ

I need to remember these air on Wednesday. The normal release scheduled has made it ingrained in me to expect them on Fridays.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really good episode. Loved the discussion between Loki & Mobius about existence. Ending was cool.

If I correctly understood the whole Nexus events breaking things so much that the sacred timeline gets broken - if the TVA doesn’t stop the branches before they reach the redline, it establishes a new reality & that leads to a multiverse war (presumably events in 2 of the upcoming MCU Phase 4 films)?!

Loved the ending of episode 2

enchantress right?
I hadn’t considered that!! Would be really cool if it’s her & not Lady Loki… it might make sense with her saying “don’t call me Loki”.

ha_rooney

I need to remember these air on Wednesday. The normal release scheduled has made it ingrained in me to expect them on Fridays.
Apparently all Disney+ original series release dates will be on Wednesdays from July.

Hamnat

This was really good. Ending of this sure seemed like a Multiverse of Madness.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
But do you watch them the day they come out expecting them to be crap? Just seems like something a sadist would do.
Masochist, surely? You'll never make it in the BDSM scene with that kinda sloppiness.

decorativeed

Masochist, surely? You'll never make it in the BDSM scene with that kinda sloppiness.
Someone else has also corrected me on this. I must admit I got mixed up. Sadism comes from the Marquis du Sade, right? Who's this Masoch, then, and what did he get up to?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Ragnarok wasn't based on a comic book, though there are some similarities to other Marvel's comic books stories. A true horror for any purist nonetheless...
They’re being ironic surely? How can they claim some kind of purism about a character directly imported from Norse mythology, especially in an instance where he’s being placed in a more “pure” context (Ragnarok)?!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
They’re being ironic surely? How can they claim some kind of purism about a character directly imported from Norse mythology, especially in an instance where he’s being placed in a more “pure” context (Ragnarok)?!
If you want purism, Thor and Loki are not even characters. Loki is lightning in the sky and Thor is sound of thunder which comes right after flash of light. That's the only way to actually see Thor chasing Loki all over skies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Shaping up to be really good. Obviously the vibe is different but Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson are just so much more engaging than Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. How big is the budget for this show? The sets/CGI look brilliant.

Ekeke

Hated the first episode due to the forced cringe comedy every 2 seconds, but really enjoyed the 2nd episode and will definitely watch the 3rd to see things develop

decorativeed

Hated the first episode due to the forced cringe comedy every 2 seconds, but really enjoyed the 2nd episode and will definitely watch the 3rd to see things develop
I thought there was more comedy in the second episode! Finding it fun so far. I love the design of the TVA locations and the soundtrack is great also.

Jagga7

Excellent so far, it has a really interesting plot. It's a shame they don't just release all the episodes at once.

Sylar

Excellent so far, it has a really interesting plot. It's a shame they don't just release all the episodes at once.
I can see why they are doing it , especially if it's a model that works in keeping people subscribed and interested In D+ for the original content
Theyve spaced the marvel series well so that we are half a year in and have had an episode nearly every week from the three different shows

Jagga7

I can see why they are doing it , especially if it's a model that works in keeping people subscribed and interested In D+ for the original content
Theyve spaced the marvel series well so that we are half a year in and have had an episode nearly every week from the three different shows
Yeh they have done a great job structuring the whole timeline but I would still like to binge it all.

el3mel

Eh.. honestly just like the first episode, I found most of it to be quite boring but the ending was good.

Unfortunately the plot itself doesn't seem that interesting to me.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Loki just seems like a less cool and charismatic Lucifer at this point. Maybe they should recast him as Tom Ellis.

ha_rooney

Decent episode, didn’t really progress the story but I enjoyed the chemistry between Loki & Sylvie. I’m fairly sure she’s Enchantress, not Lady Loki. Unless they’re combining the characters into one?!

Love is a dagger :lol:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Sci-Fi-ish episode. Hiddlestone running around in office clothes adds to the self aware comedy. Sylvie being Asgardian witch hopefully will make it to the movies, someday... still huge speculations around her. Just enjoy it for what it is, I guess.

So far, so good... Loki > Captain > Wanda.

Hamnat

Strange episode for me. in such a short series to abandon the main plot really to have a one off space romp in an apocalypses with Sylvie is a strange choice. I mean there were parts I liked I guess, they tried to get some character stuff in there but I would have preferred to know a lot more about Sylvie here if they were going to spend this much time outside the main plot.

I mean next episode they have to get back to the timeline bomb freakouts pretty fast I would imagine....

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Not a fan of the casting choice for Lady Loki so far… I don’t know shit about the character, but she seemed like a rather bog standard English actress doing a rather bog standard iTV dramedy schtick, or a bit part in a Dr Who, which I can’t imagine was the goal for an alternate universe take on a charming, charismatic evil God. Felt the role really needed someone who popped off the screen. Sometimes I think Hollywood just assumes all British people can act ‘cos the accent sounds neat to them.

The scene with them taking in the bar shouldve been really interesting and cool and maybe a bit sexy, and instead was just quite boring.

Last edited:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Think this is fantastic. Love the chemistry between Loki and lady-loki/enchantress.

The fact she is a Loki variant and changed her name to Sylvie points to them combining characters, which I'm not mad at.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Didn't enjoy that episode. I didn't read the comments above before watching it but she seemed very poor.

I like his character but this was pretty bad especially in a 6 episode series to see if it will take off.

A waste of an episode for me.

Norris

Was a pretty rubbish episode. I especially got so annoyed at how off sync the characters were with respect to all those big budget CGI set-pieces. Overall, I've really been disappointed with the show as a whole.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Not a fan of the casting choice for Lady Loki so far… I don’t know shit about the character, but she seemed like a rather bog standard English actress doing a rather bog standard iTV dramedy schtick, or a bit part in a Dr Who, which I can’t imagine was the goal for an alternate universe take on a charming, charismatic evil God. Felt the role really needed someone who popped off the screen. Sometimes I think Hollywood just assumes all British people can act ‘cos the accent sounds neat to them.

The scene with them taking in the bar shouldve been really interesting and cool and maybe a bit sexy, and instead was just quite boring.
I agree, it that's the Enchantress that's a huge miss, she's not a compelling personality that could easily manipulate someone. Nor as playful as Loki.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I said Dr Who disparagingly, but actually someone like Michelle Gomez is exactly who you need for that role… someone whose malevolently charismatic from the word go… rather than someone who comes across like your mates new girlfriend whose a bit put out you’ve brought a couple of extras she doesn’t know to the pub when she wanted an early night.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I said Dr Who disparagingly, but actually someone like Michelle Gomez is exactly who you need for that role… someone whose malevolently charismatic from the word go… rather than someone who comes across like your mates new girlfriend whose a bit put out you’ve brought a couple of extras she doesn’t know to the pub when she wanted an early night.
Honestly It's hard these days to find actress like Michelle Gomez, even bit younger ones like Winona Rider or Eva Green would have hard job to reach Hiddlestone's level of Lokism.