London 2012- Closing Ceremony

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
In the Olympic Park right now the soldiers dancing to music and the volunteers wearing masks of the Queen and Prince Philip as they build up the closing ceremony.

The national anthem will apparently segue to:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I heard Muse is playing. I think they're shit.

Any other artists performing?

RK

Why all this focus on music?

Yeah it's one of the things we're known for, but the closing ceremony of a sports festival (and one of the best in history) shouldn't be dominated by music.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24

Yeah it's one of the things we're known for, but the closing ceremony of a sports festival (and one of the best in history) shouldn't be dominated by music.
I think fireworks and music will go down rather well.

They are keepign speeches to a minimum which is good.

Bread

One of the most universally enjoyable things that is relevant to Britain that we can do, good idea IMO, Britains pop music is very well respected and popular over the world.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Love the way the Beeb do this stuff.

kps88

I've never seen a closing ceremony before. Any idea how long it will be? I assume much shorter than the opening since they won't have 100000 teams walking out one by one?

Gambit

Who does the Narration for these reviews.

Sw33t

As Ben Hibbs said,

"Imagine editing these montages... must spend your time tearily bashing the computer screen with your fists, crying into your keyboard."

Really do get you going.

Claymore

Muse are brilliant you madman

Some of the most technical guitar playing ive ever heard
Wouldn't say Belamy's guitar playing is especially technical, you get a bit of tapping with his various Manson uk guitar effects thrown in but nothing amazingly special in terms of play. It does however sound great, whereas not all virtuoso's do. Muse live are brilliant.

For technique see Buckethead, Paul Gilbert, Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Micahael Angelo Batio, John Petrucci, David Gilmour, Jeff Beck etc etc.

Gambit

As Ben Hibbs said,

"Imagine editing these montages... must spend your time tearily bashing the computer screen with your fists, crying into your keyboard."

Really do get you going.
If you've ever been involved in video editing that is pretty mucha description of what your job is. "Tearily bashing the computer sceen with your fists and crying into your keyboard."

Agent Red

I knew 4 was involved somewhere. As long they are getting coverage. :lol:
Yeah and Channel 4 have always been progressive that way so good for them. Their cricket coverage used to be great so hopefully it'll be to a high standard. BBC did a really sterling job on the Olympics though, and it's a shame it won't be similar teams covering it.

I've never actually watched a Paralympics before though, so it will be a new experience for me.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yeah and Channel 4 have always been progressive that way so good for them. Their cricket coverage used to be great so hopefully it'll be to a high standard. BBC did a really sterling job on the Olympics though, and it's a shame it won't be similar teams covering it.

I've never actually watched a Paralympics before though, so it will be a new experience for me.
I am sure there is a drama on BBC2 about the Doctor at Stoke Mandeville who got the disabled, a lot ex serviceman, to take up sports. The start of the Paralympics. Will watch that.

Agent Red

I am sure there is a drama on BBC2 about the Doctor at Stoke Mandeville who got the disabled, a lot ex serviceman, to take up sports. The start of the Paralympics. Will watch that.
Interesting, I'll look out for that, thanks for the tip.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Is she horribly flat on some notes or is it just me?

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Someone has covered that poor bastards piano in newspaper!