London 2012 Olympic Competition

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Another reason to like Nicola Adams, she will have pissed Piers Moron off.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Why, what's he been saying?
He's slagging off anyone who isn't singing the national anthem such as Chris Hoy and Bradley Wiggins. He's putting up £1,000 to charity everytime an athlete that wins a Gold sings the national anthem. Way to ostracize someone who have how many years of effort achieves their lifetime goal.

eric le roi

He's slagging off anyone who isn't singing the national anthem such as Chris Hoy and Bradley Wiggins. He's putting up £1,000 to charity everytime an athlete that wins a Gold sings the national anthem. Way to ostracize someone who have how many years of effort achieves their lifetime goal.
Ah right yeah. There's a couple of fake tweets doing the rounds:

Also nice riposte from 'Col Tate' here:

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/233332110319026176

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The Wiggins tweet isn't real. But Morgan's called people "dimbos" for believing it....This from the man who left the Mirror for printing faked pictures he believed to be real.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
Just back (in work!) from watching the fight and afters. Katie was fantastic. The support was brilliant and I hope she makes all she can out of this.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
For once I was pleased to be in Bray today. Amazing atmosphere. I was firmly on the bandwagon. In the Royal Hotlel with barely room to breath

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Stood outside the sports hall of the YMCA watching it before I played footy. Shouting "Go on, Ireland!" All the English lads I play with cheering her on as well. :)

Does that mean the island of Ireland has 8 medals all told? That has to put us up there, in terms of population-to-medals ratio.

Sw33t

Stood outside the sports hall of the YMCA watching it before I played footy. Shouting "Go on, Ireland!" All the English lads I play with cheering her on as well. :)

Does that mean the island of Ireland has 8 medals all told? That has to put us up there, in terms of population-to-medals ratio.
Ireland have 2, currently...?

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
How the feck is this dressage classed as a "sport"

Useless posh cnuts.

iSparky

Its horrific, and she just said, "we have to make sure the horse is comfortable with the music..."

what the actual feck?

mightberight

Honestly, this dressage is just upper-class fecking bollocks. cnuts, the lot of them.
It is slightly bollocks but not for that reason, stop with the working class hero act. Dujardin's mother actually bought a horse for her only due to her mother's inheritance, if that helps ease your bitterness over people having more money than you

iSparky

Well that was a bit of a cock up from the BBC, after talking about the Adams fight they then went on to talk about the "other headlines" one of which was video of Taylor and the headline, "Irish eyes are smiling" however Linekar talked about the Adams fight again starting with "As we have already seen Adams won...blah blah blah".....bastard

cinc

Just an update on my and TheReligion's wager - I hope this will prove that the per capita stats are utterly meaningless:

Based on current medal hauls and data from the 2011 censuses from both country (Hungary 9.982,000 people, UK 63,100,000).

Hungary have 8 golds (1 gold for every 1,247,750 ppl) and 15 medals (665,467 citizens/medal) currently.

Team GB 24 golds and 51 medals total (1 gold for every 2,629,167 ppl, 1 medal for every 1,237,255 citizens).

If Hungary was as big as the UK and these statistics were meaningful, we would stand on: 50,56 golds and 94,8 medals.

If the UK had as many people as we do and these statistics were meaningful, you would stand on: 3,8 golds and 8,07 medals in total.

iSparky

Who is the ginger they are interviewing here?

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
It is slightly bollocks but not for that reason, stop with the working class hero act. Dujardin's mother actually bought a horse for her only due to her mother's inheritance, if that helps ease your bitterness over people having more money than you
Oh yeah, mate. Du Jardin bought a horse with her inheritance. That's me told.

I wasted mine on gobstoppers and cola bottles.

:lol:

Easy V

Oh yeah, mate. Du Jardin bought a horse with her inheritance. That's me told.

I wasted mine on gobstoppers and cola bottles.

:lol:
:houllier: You don't seem to have a clue what you're commenting on tbf. Her grandmother passed away, which saw her mother inherit some money, which she used a portion of to buy her daughter a horse.

Sam

What a fecking run! Jesus Christ! That was more impressive then Bolt!