Louis CK

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Anyone else seen his FX show? It's not bad and I shall continue tuning in since it may get really good.

The poker table faggot discussion was good.

Leg-End

"your blood work shows that you may have slight big fat ginger ugly-itus" :lol:

I like it, pedantic buts its Louis CK and the TV show is called Louie.

GDH

There's been some great moments so far, has potential to be a really good comedy. Never heard of the guy before this either.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I watched the Ricky Gervais one last night and nearly pissed myself at that line "I'm so old I pulled a muscle giving my wife the finger behind her back".

Dunno why, just found it really funny.

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
My wife was talking about one of his stand ups she saw this weekend. I'll have to give the show a watch.

Eriku

I love how it doesn't stick with convential storylines or storytelling... It's hard to put your finger on why it's so good, but it really is...

I loved the after-show clip during the credits when racist grandma was talking out of character :)

Eriku

Two new episodes uploaded today, if you want the link I'll pm you.
I've been around the internets, so I'm sorted ;)

Cheers for clarifying, though... I just assumed some twit had been a week late in uploading last week's episode when I saw no 8 on the recently uploaded list :)

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Watched some of his standups last year, I'm a big fan.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Love his standup. It's almost as if he's not all that funny himself, but life is just really funny and he notices it a hell of a lot more than most of us do. The stuff with his kids just has me in stitches every time.

Edit: Just found this on Google+

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's been one of my favorites since discovering Lucky Louie a few years ago. Probably seen everything he's done.

Talking funny is a must see. I'm sure loads of you have seen it but for those viewing this thread and haven't seen it it's an HBO special with Seinfeld, Ricky Gervais, Louie and Chris Rock talking about stand-up.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
He's been one of my favorites since discovering Lucky Louie a few years ago. Probably seen everything he's done.

Talking funny is a must see. I'm sure loads of you have seen it but for those viewing this thread and haven't seen it it's an HBO special with Seinfeld, Ricky Gervais, Louie and Chris Rock talking about stand-up.
I thought that was generally pretty terrible, he's matured massively as a comic since then. Lucky Louie was painfully formulaic and a typical stand-up sitcom; basically a vehicle for all the jokes they've been doing on the circuit for years preceding them making it big.

Ivor Ballokov

In my opinion the funniest man around at the moment and I was just about to start a thread on him. The double bill that was on last night was awesome, the first episode had me rolling in parts but the second with the excellent Doug Stanhope was great too but in an entirely different way, darker and ponderous it was a nice way to showcase the depth of his talent.

I thought that was generally pretty terrible, he's matured massively as a comic since then. Lucky Louie was painfully formulaic and a typical stand-up sitcom; basically a vehicle for all the jokes they've been doing on the circuit for years preceding them making it big.
It had some genuinely brilliant moments but it just didn't work in that format at all. I think it was a worthy experiment on his part in trying to put adult language/topics into a mainstream sitcom style and if he had more experience as a writer at that time it could have been something but alas we have Louie instead which is far superior so I'm not going to complain.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Oh yes, it was a sitcom but it had it's brilliant moment. Like when he tried to answer all his daughters question honestly (think it was the first scene in the pilot). Or just how much of a jerk the daughter was in general. It's the premonition of what his show is like now, the father daughter relationship and all the honesty from his point of views.

The side characters were generally nothing special. Pretty much just the three of them. Although one thing stuck with me. The fact that the guy that always showed up all Kramer-ish only whistled when he was sad and though the opposite was bizzare.

Eriku

Watching episode 8... He has the weirdest masturbation fantasies :lol:

"There's like... zero dicks in there. It's really annoying" :lol:

I might use that. The forthrightness is a bit of a turn-on.

Eriku

last weeks episode with the army was exceptional television
I read that post but forgot about it, and only now just got around to watching it... but my first instinct after watching it (even during, about half-way in) was that I wanted to come to this thread and post that it was just beautiful television :)

Louie's become one of my favourite shows over the course of this second season... the first season was great as well :)

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Louie CK is probably my favourite ginger Mexican comedian.

Ivor Ballokov

I read that post but forgot about it, and only now just got around to watching it... but my first instinct after watching it (even during, about half-way in) was that I wanted to come to this thread and post that it was just beautiful television :)

Louie's become one of my favourite shows over the course of this second season... the first season was great as well :)
Yeah it was for me the episode that made it jump ahead of most shows, it is quite amazing how he has become a writer that can write and most importantly pace a show, that is so inclusive and emotive whilst being realistically pessimistic and balanced.

Eriku

Yeah it was for me the episode that made it jump ahead of most shows, it is quite amazing how he has become a writer that can write and most importantly pace a show, that is so inclusive and emotive whilst being realistically pessimistic and balanced.
Stand-out episode, definitely... And it's clear they wanted to say something with the episode, it being 40 mins long. They took such good time, using music and scenery to create an atmosphere, and I have to say that the country western musician's music was pretty good as the episode got going as well, especially that song about the circle round the cross.

I may have to watch it again today.

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
Best comedian working right now.

I really like what he's done with selling his tickets and videos directly as well. Smart man.
He's also got a near unheard of deal with FX. He has complete control over his show. He has final cut which damn near never happens. I don't think even Sorkin has it. He's definitely a good businessman in addition to a good comedian.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He's also got a near unheard of deal with FX. He has complete control over his show. He has final cut which damn near never happens. I don't think even Sorkin has it. He's definitely a good businessman in addition to a good comedian.
Apparently FX offered him considerably less money than other networks but they were the only ones to offer full control.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Feck, didn't realise the new season had started!