Louis Van Gaal | 2015-16 Performance Thread

Van Gaal: The verdict

• 1) Sack him now.

• 2) Sack him at the end of the season.

• 3) Let him see out his contract and part ways after that.

• 4) Extend his contract.

• Undecided (between 1 and 2).

• Undecided (between 2 and 3).

• Undecided (between 3 and 4, if things improve before his contract expires, extend).

Results are only viewable after voting.

acnumber9

Someone explain the Powell substitution, it doesn't make any sense, at all. I cant get my head around it, one of the all time great mysteries
That was shocking. Powell is a Championship player. Shame we loaned out Wilson.

DFreshKing

Really exciting game, love the way he gives youth a shot, let's hope he gives them a pick up and tell them to go win Europa to gain experience. Should guarantee them their spots in the competition.

Heinzesight

Piss poor group and we were lucky not to finish bottom. The lack of squad depth is a disgrace. We all knew it would feck us over, it was just a matter of time.

The likes of Hernandez, Januzaj, even Nani off the bench could have made a difference, but our manager is such a stubborn twat he thinks he know best when in reality, he's a dinosaur that has lost the plot.

Yes, he's funny, a good bit of entertainment, but where's that character, that personality when the players need that passion from the touchline.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Substitiutions have been a problem for him. He rarely ever gets them right.

Roboc7

With the injuries mounting I think things are going to get worse before they get better, if he doesn't buy in January he will be out of a job by the end of the season.

quiet_united

Vietnamese Red
Still trying too hard, avoid making popular but sensible decisions because of his stupid ego

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Trophy or bust now for me.

I'd take an FA Cup and top 4.

Or obviously league title.

A limp 4th spot and no trophy isn't worth our time.

And play the kids and the back-ups in the Europa. Don't jeopardise slim hopes elsewhere.

Winrar

I want to switch my vote to 2, unless we win a trophy this season (which looks very unlikely)

pseudo_canadian

He's an egotistical moron. Not getting through that group is fecking pathetic.

Shame that we have to deal with his dross for the rest of the season, regardless of how things are going. This is quickly turning into a Moyes scenario.

buckooo1978

crucial mistakes have cost us..........

• didn't address key areas of squad in transfer window - Centre Back, Winger, Striker
  • too reliant on Rooney, Memphis and Martial
  • stripped us to a squad unable to cope with our regular consistent injury issues
  • tactics cost us in games home at PSV, away at CSKA.....2 very winnable games

we've been unlucky with Shaw but for Van Gaal when you play the same players week after week you are going to pick up more muscle injuries - Darmian and Smalling again tonight

Dobba

The likes of Hernandez, Januzaj, even Nani off the bench could have made a difference, but our manager is such a stubborn twat he thinks he know best when in reality, he's a dinosaur that has lost the plot.
I'm sorry, this isn't a personal dig as this has also been posted elsewhere by other people, but the rewriting of the last season those players had at this club is absolutely staggering. Every person on here wanted Nani gone and even their pets joined in after the CL qualifier in regards to Hernandez. I'm not sure how Januzaj would have done anything tonight considering he was about as useless out wide as Memphis has been before his loan and apparently Mata was the best player on the park for us while playing in Adnan's other position.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
When you can make players like ADM and Basti play like shit, you are the problem!

Skills

Snitch
Trophy or bust now for me.

I'd take an FA Cup and top 4.

Or obviously league title.

A limp 4th spot and no trophy isn't worth our time.

And play the kids and the back-ups in the Europa. Don't jeopardise slim hopes elsewhere.
Why not just get a better manager in now? I can't see the benefit of sticking with him, I'm going to bored to feck watching this, he'll fall out with a few more players and we'll still be crap.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Lets call a spade, a spade. Spent 300 odd mill already, probably need another 300mill to get a good core squad.

Style isn't working, transfers are questionable considering the players he has let go.

We are basically back to square one. Needing money spent and a rebuild for next season. Louis has got it so so wrong.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Why not just get a better manager in now? I can't see the benefit of sticking with him, I'm going to bored to feck watching this, he'll fall out with a few more players and we'll still be crap.
Because there's no one to get in. Ancellotti maybe.

Can we afford to do that mid-way into the season and start over. Maybe, I really don't know.

I harbour some hope we can get Pep at end of season. If there's a reasonable chance that could happen (the club will know), then I'd stick then twist at end of season.

Who the feck knows.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
When you can make players like ADM and Basti play like shit, you are the problem!
Di Maria was never particularly interested in being here, to be fair. And Schweinsteiger's playing problems can't all be put down to LVG; he's just looked quite average in general lately.

Dé jonge god

I'm trying to understand exactly what LVG wants with United. Possession? Sure, it's nice and all but useless if you don't do anything with it. Any team can pass the ball around in the back or midfield. Last season he had a good run going with a 4-3-3 and suddenly he dropped it.
He had the whole summer to make signings that would make his ideal 4-3-3 work even better. Sticks with inconsistent players because reasons. I don't have the idea Louis is making his mark. Keeps changing things around based on the opponent while other teams should adapt to United. Dominance and all that.

Rob Bowman

Look Ancellotti now or Pep at the end of the season.

He gutted the team this summer selling RVP, Falcao, Di Maria, and Chicha. And we sit here now and he says it is due to injuries... really who would have thought that would happen?

saivet

Moaning about the ref today. Also moaning about the ref in the PSV home game too.

Bwuk

I thought not blaming the players at all was bad enough but now Van Gaal held Di Maria back? Wow, just wow.
LvG holds this side back massively.

Who has improved since he came? Smalling?

De Gea was already world class, Shaw was getting back to his Southampton level before injury, and Young/Fellaini shouldn't be playing full stop.

Theres a reason everyone looks worse.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Who exactly? I'd be more confident of LVG at least meeting the bare minimum requirement of 4th than Ancelotti taking charge right now. Please don't say Giggs.

Dobba

LvG holds this side back massively.

Who has improved since he came? Smalling?

De Gea was already world class, Shaw was getting back to his Southampton level before injury, and Young/Fellaini shouldn't be playing full stop.

Theres a reason everyone looks worse.
In order to put these comments into context, in your opinion was Moyes holding the players Van Gaal inherited back while he was manager?

Bwuk

In order to put these comments into context, in your opinion was Moyes holding the players Van Gaal inherited back while he was manager?
Moyes side was completely different to the side Van Gaal puts out. Moyes was hopeless as well.

mu77

(IMO) moyes never had the changing room. LVG has now lost it (again IMO).

Skills

Snitch
Who exactly? I'd be more confident of LVG at least meeting the bare minimum requirement of 4th than Ancelotti taking charge right now. Please don't say Giggs.
Ancelotti is the man. He's free, he'd get far more out of this group of players than Van Gaal can ever hope to.

bleedred

I would say yes. Mata would be a case in point under Moyes.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The muppets and knee jerkers said that Moyes was a clown and had to go. The 'real fans' preached patience. Once again the muppets and knee jerkers are calling for the same action, and I fear they'll be proven right once again.

Today turned it for me. Van Gaal will never be good enough. He's a dead man walking at this point. Just counting the clock until he leaves. In the interim missing out on far superior coaches. Pep and Carlo will be missed next.

RedRover

The substitutions tonight told a story - bizarre rolls of the dice.

This sort of thing gives off a whiff of not having any idea about what to do, chucking players on in the hope that it works.

Totally out played tonight. De Gea is arguably our only top class player - perhaps Smalling as well. Martial has potential - elsewhere we're pedestrian.

It's just not working. 18 months of average. He's ok at the moment because of out league position but we're getting worse, not better. We're a side teetering on the edge.

As for the window coming up, if the club back Van Gaal big then they're very brave because so far, there little obvious return.