Louis Van Gaal - Conference - Falcao and Blind unveiled - 11.09.14

Timdbro

i hope the fans are over with welbeck.

yes it is sad to see a 23 year old england international academy lad moves but there are reasons for this as being explained van gaal.

one thing that we could actually done better is with the price. one thing gary neville is right imo is that welbeck should cost at least a few million pounds more. 20-25 million sounds like the right price for me.

anyway signing falcao seems like a dream :drool::D hope he can produce his porto and atletico form here and we can make his move permanent.
When did we ever sell for fair value any way...look at the Kagawa fee, it's a joke. Frankly, even with Ronaldo I thought we could have gotten more — best player in the world, at the start of his prime, with several years on his contract etc.

ricky-romeo

When did we ever sell for fair value any way...look at the Kagawa fee, it's a joke. Frankly, even with Ronaldo I thought we could have gotten more — best player in the world, at the start of his prime, with several years on his contract etc.
yup..agree with you there.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
It was rumored that Madrid paid a lump sum for Ronaldo. That is a more lucrative deal than a much higher deal that involves installments and performance based clauses.

MDFC Manager

It was rumored that Madrid paid a lump sum for Ronaldo. That is a more lucrative deal than a much higher deal that involves installments and performance based clauses.
Not rumored mate, it was mentioned on the United website as such.

Timdbro

Fair point, I don't know exactly how the deals for Bale, Kaka, Zidane, Figo, Neymar etc. were structured to be fair. But amongst that group of most expensive transfers, I still think Ronaldo's is unique — genuinely in the top 2 players in the world even at the time, right about to enter his prime, no signs of doing anything other than improving, no contract situation, no injuries, no controversial off the pitch/on the pitch incidents etc. A world record fee was pretty much obligatory, but I don't see it as evidence that our negotiations were skilful, which I guess is what's being discussed.