Louis Van Gaal - Press Conference vs Burnley - Feb 10th

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Honestly who cares. All of this stuff is pure fluff and will have no impact to anything United or West Ham do on the pitch, at best it's interesting filler until the match starts.
Thats what we all said with Rafa and his fachts though, is it? We all lapped that up.

Also, the word fluff in your post made me :D for some reason

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Louis went full Rafa. You should never go full Rafa.

mumbai_red

Seems like a proper Benitez-esque rant to me although I will wait until I see the video of the press conference.

I thought LvG would be too arrogant to even respond but clearly he feels wound up by Big Sam

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Thats what we all said with Rafa and his fachts though, is it? We all lapped that up.

Completely different situations to be fair. Benitez came out with a conspiracy theory during the middle of a title race without Fergie even saying anything as far as I know. Van Gaal is just reacting badly to another manager jokingly criticizing his style of play.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's hardly a Rafa style everybody is against us rant, he's purely putting Sam in his place with stats to prove it.

If guardiola did it everybody would be licking his balls. Chill out you lemons.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Screw long-ballgate, the highlight of that presser was the "we need to projuice juice" quote.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It's hardly a Rafa style everybody is against us rant, he's purely putting Sam in his place with stats to prove it.

Except he is not, since he does nothing to disprove what Big Sam actually said.

Getsme

I don't see anything wrong with what he did, no doubt people will be all over it as some sort of meltdown, it was anything but.
I wonder how many of those criticising actually saw it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Please. If it was Mourinho or Wenger or Rodgers we'd all be pissing ourselves with laughter.

Ducklegs

What people need to remember, is big Sam made these comments purely because we sacked Moyes, one of the poster boys of hard working dipshit british managers.
He has always had a thing about pesky johnny foreigner coming over here and stealing our British managerial positions.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Jesus some of you are hysterical.

While I wouldn't have responded to Fat Sam as he was taking the piss, it isn't the worst thing to present some actual stats to debunk this "long ball United" claim.

Rafa's "fachts" rant contained very few "fachts" and was just a rant on typical scouse conspiracy theories.

Zoo

Van Gaal was well known for a being a bit eccentric and trying to 'educate' journos before he came to this country. I hardly see this as him cracking but plenty seem to be on a massive downer about him at the moment and ready to jump on anything.

Adam-Utd

Except he is not, since he does nothing to disprove what Big Sam actually said.
How? His stats show over the whole course of the game West Ham hit a higher % of their passes as long balls. Only towards the end of the game as they sat back and defended did we start going long. I have no problems with us doing that, we got a point because of it.

Some of you are just being stupid because "long balls" are deemed as poor football. Yes if we did that straight away every game it would be stupid, but we only do it when it's not working.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How? His stats show over the whole course of the game West Ham hit a higher % of their passes as long balls. Only towards the end of the game as they sat back and defended did we start going long. I have no problems with us doing that, we got a point because of it.

Some of you are just being stupid because "long balls" are deemed as poor football. Yes if we did that straight away every game it would be stupid, but we only do it when it's not working.
Maybe you should go and see what Big Sam actually said then it may make sense to you.

Oggmonster

I doubt it, most people would probably take the piss. It's a bizarre thing to do . I assume people are so defensive about it because a) It's our manager. B) People made him out to be some "genius" with the press and he's just made himself look an absolute tit in front of them all. If he didn't say anything about it then no one would even mention West Ham, now it'll be all over the papers again!

The reluctance to even take the piss of LVG slightly is just odd, stand behind the manager fair enough but if he makes a stupid comment or press conference people can say. Some of the stuff you read that people seem to laugh at like he's a comedy genius is usually cringeworthy comments.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The unbridled glee with which some of ye have decided our manager has lost the plot is a bit pathetic tbh.

The Rafa "fachts" thing was all about the delivery. The tremor in his voice and the way he seemed genuinely emotional. No idea if Van Gaal came across the same way but that's really all that matters. Squabbling over stats is neither here nor there. He's always been a cantankerous, confrontational git too. Even in seasons where he won league titles. So deciding that this little rant (if it was a rant) means he's somehow lost his shit completely is kind of stupid.

Adam-Utd

Please. If it was Mourinho or Wenger or Rodgers we'd all be pissing ourselves with laughter.
Every loss Mourinho has he basically cries and blames the ball boy or the referee or the clouds being the wrong colour. He is a spoilt brat and IMO LVG has done nothing embarrassing, it's just his way of replying.

Rooney1987

I don't see anything wrong with what he did, no doubt people will be all over it as some sort of meltdown, it was anything but.
Me neither. The last few pages have been a little embarrassing to be honest. The laughter by some is a little pathetic. The journalists on twitter are loving this too, which is to be expected.

I get people are not LVGs biggest fans right now but this is what sort of character he's like. He likes to prove people wrong and doesn't give a shit who laughs at him.

Sweet Square

I've never thought Rafa and his 'Fachts' had a impact other than Rafa letting some stream off (I agree though that it was great and hilarious which I'm sure fans will think LVG is as well). The only time I thought these 'mind games ' had any effect was Keegan meltdown, although I still Newcastle losing the league was down to Keegan being a shite manager than him losing it on telly. But the meltdown is clearly a better story to have.

As for the word 'Fluff' is it greatly under used in today society.

fallengt

Winded up by big Sam? What the actual feck :lol:, is he losing his touch?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Maybe you should go and see what Big Sam actually said then it may make sense to you.
He said "long ball United". When anyone talks about a "long ball" team it's a team that lumps it forwards at the earliest opportunity, with a view to feeding off scraps from knock-downs. Basically what we did for the last 10 minutes and didn't do for the previous 80.

Christ, his explanation is fairly clear. Have people not read the interview?

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
Me neither. The last few pages have been a little embarrassing to be honest. The laughter by some is a little pathetic. The journalists on twitter are loving this too, which is to be expected.

I get people are not LVGs biggest fans right now but this is what sort of character he's like. He likes to prove people wrong and doesn't give a shit who laughs at him.
lets hope it works then!

stu_1992

Didn't expect him to come out so strong with a defence of this. Knew he would refute any criticism, but seems to have gone through a lot of trouble in preparing this stuff.

Skills

Snitch
It's more like that Fergie rant at Pardew/Newcastle a few years ago more than Rafa's fachts rant to be honest.

Skills

Snitch
Didn't expect him to come out so strong with a defence of this. Knew he would refute any criticism, but seems to have gone through a lot of trouble in preparing this stuff.
Could've just got it from Opta. Newb.