Love him or loathe him...

Treble

Okay, we've been brilliant. I must've been watching a different team.
so, there are only two possibilities: shit or brilliant

We've done pretty well without Rooney, given that Valencia is out, Giggs was out for 5-6 weeks, Rio was out in the first games, Fletcher hasn't been as good as last season, Park was in shit form in the first months, many players had flu etc.

We are a better team with Rooney. It's pointless to argue whether he is our best player.

Red Norse

He was pretty consistent last season and I'm confident now that he's returned he'll be prove to be the catalyst and with that return to last season's form. He's clearly our best player. You'd have to be pretty spasticated to chose any other player above him.

Tell you what, explain to me why Rio's better....
Rio and Vida is an improvement on Dolly and Daisy, to me that's a given and it says a lot if you remember how well that partnership worked. Rooney blows hot and cold, Rio and Vida doesn't, they just work.

wr8_utd

:'(
Rio and Vida is an improvement on Dolly and Daisy, to me that's a given and it says a lot if you remember how well that partnership worked. Rooney blows hot and cold, Rio and Vida doesn't, they just work.
So Rio and Vidic as a combo are more important than Rooney but individually Rooney is the most important.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
An excellent performance, and perfectly timed as we get towards the tricky xmas period. I hope he does not start in the CC on tuesday, we have proved we CAN win without him, and hopefully this will mean we can rest him a little more often than we did last season, thereby having him fit and ready for the bigger games.

Red Norse

So Rio and Vidic as a combo are more important than Rooney but individually Rooney is the most important.
Wow, I'm getting smarter by the minute. I blame Irish whiskey. Cheeers! :D

Edit: Both Rio and Vida perform consistently on a higher level than Rooney. Working as a duo is just a bonus.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I loathe him but he's great player when he's on form.He just lacked a goal, he was frustrated with Nani when he took too long to square the ball to him at one point.

Dion

Rooney is more important to Man Utd, Vidic is a better player, it's not contradictory.
Vidic is the best CB in the world, Rooney isn't the best striker, it's just central defence isn't as important to Man Utd as the striker position.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
08-09 - Tevez - 5 league goals.
27-11-10 - Berbartov - 5 league goals.

Edit - on my phone wrong thread.

wr8_utd

:'(
We probably all did. But it definitely looked like he was passing up opportunities left and right in order to send a very deliberate message that he was here to play for the team and not himself. Atonement of sorts.

On a side note, commentators mentioned that our win % when Rooney is involved (as starter or sub) is around 74%. Without him, 52%.
And yet, even after him signing the new contract people on here are desperate to sell him off :lol: