Television Love Island

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
That's why the checks need to be more rigorous, because you are going to create drama and the contestants should be able to take it. Faye quite clearly can't, they've failed big time here.
But no matter how rigorous the checks are you can still slip through the cracks. If you’ve never been on medication, had serious depression, been through an awful break up etc, then you probably ‘pass’ the exam. I dunno what they do tbh.

Not to mention that the contestants will likely lie about their past or mental health to give themselves a better chance of getting on the show.

hp88

They are all in there looking for clothing deals and collaborations but some of them are just straight up cnuts who have zero respect for others.

Faye needs help though, there has to be some kind of mental issue here and it's fecked up that the producers haven't pulled her off the show, guess it's all about viewing figures and creating some kind of drama in the villa.

United Hobbit

Is anyone else finding this season really boring, bar about 2 or 3 episodes?

They pad out the episodes with toot as well eg so many shots of them getting ready/dancing/loudly snogging none of the more interesting chit chats

Hope Kaz goes, liked her until the Matthew situation now she annoys me

Wilt

Is anyone else finding this season really boring, bar about 2 or 3 episodes?

They pad out the episodes with toot as well eg so many shots of them getting ready/dancing/loudly snogging none of the more interesting chit chats

Hope Kaz goes, liked her until the Matthew situation now she annoys me
Was boring but Faye’s psycho outbursts has made it more interesting

United Hobbit

I'm so bored of them letting the islanders have the final say in who goes. Let the public decide who goes then we may actually have a shock, not the inevitable predictable outcome of them saving their friends. Or at least make them vote on their own, in the diary room, to enable potential tactical voting etc.

Maxii

Paad
Was boring but Faye’s psycho outbursts has made it more interesting
Say they get together on the outside, is she expecting him to tell her who he finds sexually attractive at all times or she’ll feel betrayed?

Imagine the nightmare when in the shopping centre, “I find her attractive Faye, oh she’s very nice over there, I forgot to tell you earlier but there I seen a girl in the bookshop who was pretty hot. Slipped my mind, don’t be mad”.

Wilt

Say they get together on the outside, is she expecting him to tell her who he finds sexually attractive at all times or she’ll feel betrayed?

Imagine the nightmare when in the shopping centre, “I find her attractive Faye, oh she’s very nice over there, I forgot to tell you earlier but there I seen a girl in the bookshop who was pretty hot. Slipped my mind, don’t be mad”.
Can’t imagine any guy staying with her long enough to be deemed a couple.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

the fact she’s so insecure too, why on earth would that help her?! if teddy did come back and was like OMG I fancied so many girls there, they’re all so fit she’d be going absolutely mental.

That really wasn’t something he needed to share, LI did him dirty with adding that on video unfortunately. Not like they would have lasted out of the villa anyway.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
The girls are garbage. Most of the blokes are too but we knew that.

Not one of them calling out Faye or standing up for teddy, Millie running back to Liam, kaz running back to Tyler. Just garbage all round. Teaching the youth there's no consequence to your garbage actions.

Garbage.

Chloby for the win.

Heardy

I'm so bored of them letting the islanders have the final say in who goes. Let the public decide who goes then we may actually have a shock, not the inevitable predictable outcome of them saving their friends. Or at least make them vote on their own, in the diary room, to enable potential tactical voting etc.
Agree with this - no way Jake or Kaz go as a result.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

He was on video telling a girl he's technically single and that he finds her sexually attractive and that he felt the atrraction was mutual, that's a lot different from just finding someone attractive. He didn't tell her about any of that. Wasn't it Clarisse he was kissing in the postcard as well? On top of that she's seen clips of Jake egging the guys on so it's going to be difficult for her to believe any of the guys when they say nothing happened at casa amor.
I think she went too far with things but Teddy needs to stop denying what he did and apologise.

sebsheep

The girls are garbage. Most of the blokes are too but we knew that.

Not one of them calling out Faye or standing up for teddy, Millie running back to Liam, kaz running back to Tyler. Just garbage all round. Teaching the youth there's no consequence to your garbage actions.

Garbage.

Chloby for the win.
Ah come on now :lol:

sebsheep

Yeah, you look at who is at risk and I don't think there is any chance Kaz, Jake or Tyler go even though they could have got the least votes. They manipulate that bit far too much in the hope of creating drama.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
He was on video telling a girl he's technically single and that he finds her sexually attractive and that he felt the atrraction was mutual, that's a lot different from just finding someone attractive. He didn't tell her about any of that. Wasn't it Clarisse he was kissing in the postcard as well? On top of that she's seen clips of Jake egging the guys on so it's going to be difficult for her to believe any of the guys when they say nothing happened at casa amor.
I think she went too far with things but Teddy needs to stop denying what he did and apologise.
He did feck all. He found someone attractive, that's not a sin, that's not cheating, that's not shit. Theres absolutely nothing to tell or apologise for. He's allowed to find someone else attract and other people are allowed to find him attractive, he's not Faye's property.
Ah come on now :lol:
Yeah, I said that shit!

sebsheep

He did feck all. He found someone attractive, that's not a sin, that's not cheating, that's not shit. Theres absolutely nothing to tell or apologise for. He's allowed to find someone else attract and other people are allowed to find him attractive, he's not Faye's property.

Yeah, I said that shit!
He has though, he didn't tell her about that flirting when they were sorting things out. The "technically single" line is also going to hurt even if it's technically true. You have to remember that we know Teddy didn't do anything else over there, but Faye thought she knew everything and now her only sources of information are untrustworthy.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
He has though, he didn't tell her about that flirting when they were sorting things out. The "technically single" line is also going to hurt even if it's technically true. You have to remember that we know Teddy didn't do anything else over there, but Faye thought she knew everything and now her only sources of information are untrustworthy.
He hasn't. You have to be deeply insecure to be effected by your would-be partner finding someone else attractive. If acted upon this, like Liam, Faye has a leg to stand on. He didn't, he slept by himself and was respectful.

It screams of her failing to deal with her own insecurities, looking for the first excuse to get out of s potential relationship because she feels vulnerable.

sebsheep

He hasn't. You have to be deeply insecure to be effected by your would-be partner finding someone else attractive. If acted upon this, like Liam, Faye has a leg to stand on. He didn't, he slept by himself and was respectful.

It screams of her failing to deal with her own insecurities, looking for the first excuse to get out of s potential relationship because she feels vulnerable.
Her issue hasn't been with him being attracted to someone else, it's that when he had the opportunity to tell her everything that had happened over there he didn't.
Faye is obviously insecure, she was doubting whether or not she was good enough for him the day of the clip challenge. Seeing that clip was always going to upset her, but it's completely blindsided her and that is on Teddy.

These two have to sort it out, I'm far too emotionally invested in that relationship. :lol:

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Her issue hasn't been with him being attracted to someone else, it's that when he had the opportunity to tell her everything that had happened over there he didn't.
Faye is obviously insecure, she was doubting whether or not she was good enough for him the day of the clip challenge. Seeing that clip was always going to upset her, but it's completely blindsided her and that is on Teddy.

These two have to sort it out, I'm far too emotionally invested in that relationship. :lol:
But is that actually something to tell? There's nothing to tell! If I'm seeing someone, do I have to tell them I found someone else attractive? Of course not, so why would Teddy?

Adam-Utd

Why should he feel the need to tell her he had a conversation with a woman ffs.

If he kissed her or shared a bed etc then i'd understand, but just a flirty chat? that's ridiculous. I doubt he even remembered having that talk either.

Was he interested in the girl? yes. Did it go further? no.

Unfortunately Faye just isn't the right sort of person for Love Island. You cannot be an insecure person on that show.

Widow

Teddy seams to be a top bloke. He told another girl he is ' technically single', he was, and he found he attractive. He never cracked on with her though. Should we hang him? Ridiculous!

After one picture, Faye was straight in bed with another bloke, that doesn't get mentioned though when they argue as apparently it's allowed because she told teddy!

Faye is a right knob, can't stand he girl. He is best out of it.

RedDevilRoshi

That really pissed me off as well that they are leaving the decision up to the islanders on who gets dumped out. We all know there is no way Jake, Kaz and Tyler are leaving now particularly Jake & Kaz. It’s also pointless of leaving the episode on a cliffhanger like that when it’s pretty much obvious to us all on who isn’t going to be getting dumped off the show. Just show it now and can show the aftermath of the decision in tomorrow’s episode?

sebsheep

But is that actually something to tell? There's nothing to tell! If I'm seeing someone, do I have to tell them I found someone else attractive? Of course not, so why would Teddy?
That's not the situation though, she saw him kissing another woman and they were talking through what had happened in casa amor. At that point if he tells her there was a conversation like that and a bit of flirting but it was nothing then this whole thing doesn't happen.

sebsheep

Why should he feel the need to tell her he had a conversation with a woman ffs.

If he kissed her or shared a bed etc then i'd understand, but just a flirty chat? that's ridiculous. I doubt he even remembered having that talk either.

Was he interested in the girl? yes. Did it go further? no.

Unfortunately Faye just isn't the right sort of person for Love Island. You cannot be an insecure person on that show.
I think you should probably mention that you had a flirty conversation with the person you kissed when you're trying to clear everything up.
If he forgot about it then he probably should have said that rather than trying to deny even fancying a girl when there is a video of you telling her that everyone has seen. :lol:

sebsheep

After one picture, Faye was straight in bed with another bloke, that doesn't get mentioned though when they argue as apparently it's allowed because she told teddy!
That one picture did show the guy she was coupled with kissing another woman, and they quickly figured out it wasn't part of the challenge. What happened after is perfectly understandable in those circumstances.

Adam-Utd

I think you should probably mention that you had a flirty conversation with the person you kissed when you're trying to clear everything up.
If he forgot about it then he probably should have said that rather than trying to deny even fancying a girl when there is a video of you telling her that everyone has seen. :lol:
This is love Island, they're being thrown into a new house with several good looking women trying to steal them, of course he's going to be talking to them!

I really don't think some flirty talking is anything to be talking about. Teddy obviously knows Faye is very insecure already, I'd imagine he felt it's better not to tell her and don't worry her. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

If he'd have snogged one of them then fair enough, but that talk was really nothing at all. Compare it to how Millie has dealt with the liam situation, it's a night and day difference.

sebsheep

This is love Island, they're being thrown into a new house with several good looking women trying to steal them, of course he's going to be talking to them!

I really don't think some flirty talking is anything to be talking about. Teddy obviously knows Faye is very insecure already, I'd imagine he felt it's better not to tell her and don't worry her. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

If he'd have snogged one of them then fair enough, but that talk was really nothing at all. Compare it to how Millie has dealt with the liam situation, it's a night and day difference.
Of course they will talk, but this is a bit different. It's the same lady he was pictured kissing. He then says he's technically single, he's sexually attracted to her and feels it's reciprocated within a few sentences. Faye doesn't get to see how he actually behaved there, all she's been told is that he kissed her during the dare game and Teddy showed no interest for the rest of the time there. That clip tells her that might not be true, is she supposed to just believe him now?

Different people react in different ways though. I don't really think Millie should've let Liam get away with what he did. The guy had no intention of her finding out what happened at casa amor and lied every time she asked him about it. The clip where he made the toast should've sealed his fate.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Disappointed but not surprised that only the girls get insulted, and almost nothing is said about the boys behaviour that sparked the reaction of the girls in the first place :lol:

kudos to you @sebsheep for at least attempting to balance the perspectives here.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Nah ridiculous. If you have to tell your partner every conversation you have with women you find attractive, you shouldn't be in that relationship.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Disappointed but not surprised that only the girls get insulted, and almost nothing is said about the boys behaviour that sparked the reaction of the girls in the first place :lol:

kudos to you @sebsheep for at least attempting to balance the perspectives here.
Pure whataboutism. The boys have been rightly slated all season long. What the boys did in casa amore doesn't excuse what kaz has done to Matt, or Faye's reaction to Teddy.

Millie taking back Liam and making a mug of herself in the process is solely down to her.

They're all garbage.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Pure whataboutism. The boys have been rightly slated all season long. What the boys did in casa amore doesn't excuse what kaz has done to Matt, or Faye's reaction to Teddy.

Millie taking back Liam and making a mug of herself in the process is solely down to her.

They're all garbage.
They haven't been slated in here, which is the point I was making. What the boys did to casa is the reason why the girls are acting out the way they have been, that's not whataboutism, it's a direct link. If the boys didn't act the way they did in Casa then the girls wouldn't be acting the way they are now. That's not whataboutism.
And if we really want to get into it, then more of the girls should've reacted way worse to their treatment than they have been - Abi, Mary & Liberty especially, would've been well within their rights to do so. But if the girls react calmly, they get slated for being too nice, if they react badly they get slated for being "psycho" (Faye's behaviour wasn't acceptable, i'm speaking generally and moreso about previous Love Island seasons) so there's actually no winning - the whole narrative is disgusting.

Also the reaction to Kaz is a bit OTT considering I'm guessing none of you saw Aftersun which showed that in the last week Matt has shown no sign of getting to know Kaz, or pulling her for chats, or speaking to her 1 on 1. She was the only one putting in effort into their relationship.
In fact the only time he took the initiative on his own was the "We're done" conversation. Everyone in the house was saying that he has shown himself to be completely different to how he was in Casa vs now that he's safe in the house. He's used her, and hasn't cared to get to know her.
So it's not exactly unreasonable to expect her to still wanna get to know Tyler, when Tyler is actually making an effort to show her he likes her, and all Matt has done is eat popcorn.

And then on top of that, if everyone is so upset about Kaz i'm not exactly sure why they're cheering on Toby all of a sudden? What he's done is worse because he's manage to lead on 2 girls at once, but because he hides behind his immaturity nobody says anything about it. It's fecked, like I said only the girls are held up to a ridiculous standard.

United Hobbit

We all know Liam is going to cheat behind her back if they do a long distance relationship (didn't he recoil a bit when she said where she lived on that date they had?) She's allowing herself to be mugged off and taken for a fool. I'd laugh if they won, and she stole the money. Kaz is becoming very unlikeable too.

Still think it's ridiculous they are letting the islanders predictably save their friends, the ultimate vote off would be Jake or Tyler or Kaz going, then Liberty and Tyler or Kaz being left in a dilemma if they leave with them too. But no, Mary and Dale will go as they will save their friends :mad: it would be slightly better to at least have them dump 2 boys and 2 girls. But of course we can't have that.

Also agree with the poster above, why the need for a cliff hanger when we all know exactly what they will do. It would be OK to leave as a cliff hanger if the decision was between Jake and Kaz. But no of course they're safe and there will be absolutely no drama. Boring boring boring.

Widow

That one picture did show the guy she was coupled with kissing another woman, and they quickly figured out it wasn't part of the challenge. What happened after is perfectly understandable in those circumstances.
Sorry but that's bollox. If she gave that much of a shit, she would have waited and asked him what was going on. Are you her dad by any chance? I struggle to see any other explanation for your strange views on this. Your moral compass needs adjusting.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
They haven't been slated in here, which is the point I was making. What the boys did to casa is the reason why the girls are acting out the way they have been, that's not whataboutism, it's a direct link. If the boys didn't act the way they did in Casa then the girls wouldn't be acting the way they are now. That's not whataboutism.
And if we really want to get into it, then more of the girls should've reacted way worse to their treatment than they have been - Abi, Mary & Liberty especially, would've been well within their rights to do so. But if the girls react calmly, they get slated for being too nice, if they react badly they get slated for being "psycho" (Faye's behaviour wasn't acceptable, i'm speaking generally and moreso about previous Love Island seasons) so there's actually no winning - the whole narrative is disgusting.

Also the reaction to Kaz is a bit OTT considering I'm guessing none of you saw Aftersun which showed that in the last week Matt has shown no sign of getting to know Kaz, or pulling her for chats, or speaking to her 1 on 1. She was the only one putting in effort into their relationship.
In fact the only time he took the initiative on his own was the "We're done" conversation. Everyone in the house was saying that he has shown himself to be completely different to how he was in Casa vs now that he's safe in the house. He's used her, and hasn't cared to get to know her.
So it's not exactly unreasonable to expect her to still wanna get to know Tyler, when Tyler is actually making an effort to show her he likes her, and all Matt has done is eat popcorn.

And then on top of that, if everyone is so upset about Kaz i'm not exactly sure why they're cheering on Toby all of a sudden? What he's done is worse because he's manage to lead on 2 girls at once, but because he hides behind his immaturity nobody says anything about it. It's fecked, like I said only the girls are held up to a ridiculous standard.
Certainly feels like whataboutism. "surprised that only the girls get insulted, and almost nothing is said about the boys" rationalize all you want, but that's whataboutism. Abi, Mary and Libbie could have kicked off a lot more about certain things and didn't, that's on them. Chloe has had right to kick off earlier in the season and has done and wasn't criticized, why could she do it but others couldn't?

"If the boys didn't act the way they did, the girls wouldn't be acting the way they are now." Even if this were true, it doesn't mean they're immune from criticism. The fact that none of them call out Faye has nothing to do with the boys behaviour in casa amore. The fact that none of them call out Millie has nothing to do with boys behaviour in casa amore. Ive not watched aftersun, I can only go off what I've watched, and the fact that none of them called out kaz for her treatment of Matt has nothing to do with boys behaviour in casa amore.

Going to the extreme aswell saying everyone is upset with kaz, other than Matt, she's barely had any criticism all season.

The men have been criticized all season long rightly so, they've been trash. Absolutely no one is denying that, so why are you acting like they've been let off scot free?

Widow

The show has aimed straight at the lads. Kaz was shown kissing a bloke and everyone just laughed like it was okay.

Liam was a clown.
Tody is a massive co*k that acts like a magpie every time he sees something new and shiny he tries to pull it.
Tyler, how he got back in with Kaz is criminal! The guy changes his mind more often than he changes his pants! He even told them he was trying to make his mind up and they just let him.
Jake, I like the bloke but what a mug for trying to live a single life through the other lads. Silly boy.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Certainly feels like whataboutism. "surprised that only the girls get insulted, and almost nothing is said about the boys" rationalize all you want, but that's whataboutism. Abi, Mary and Libbie could have kicked off a lot more about certain things and didn't, that's on them. Chloe has had right to kick off earlier in the season and has done and wasn't criticized, why could she do it but others couldn't?

"If the boys didn't act the way they did, the girls wouldn't be acting the way they are now." Even if this were true, it doesn't mean they're immune from criticism. The fact that none of them call out Faye has nothing to do with the boys behaviour in casa amore. The fact that none of them call out Millie has nothing to do with boys behaviour in casa amore. Ive not watched aftersun, I can only go off what I've watched, and the fact that none of them called out kaz for her treatment of Matt has nothing to do with boys behaviour in casa amore.

Going to the extreme aswell saying everyone is upset with kaz, other than Matt, she's barely had any criticism all season.

The men have been criticized all season long rightly so, they've been trash. Absolutely no one is denying that, so why are you acting like they've been let off scot free?
Whataboutism is when you take a topic off track by talking about a completely different topic. This isn't that.

I never said the girls were immune from criticism, where have you got that from? I've actually joined in and criticised especially Faye's behaviour.
If you haven't watched Aftersun then like I said the criticism of Kaz is OTT, what exactly is she meant to do, stay with a guy who's shown no effort to get to know her? She should've handled it better, but there are people calling her all types of insults, meanwhile saying zip about Tyler, Liam & Toby - which is my point.
I'm not deflecting and saying she's innocent, it's moreso to keep the same energy for the boys too. If Kaz is a *****, then Tyler is a ****head - that's literally it, and all you see is Kaz is a ***** in here.

The show has aimed straight at the lads. Kaz was shown kissing a bloke and everyone just laughed like it was okay.

Liam was a clown.
Tody is a massive co*k that acts like a magpie every time he sees something new and shiny he tries to pull it.
Tyler, how he got back in with Kaz is criminal! The guy changes his mind more often than he changes his pants! He even told them he was trying to make his mind up and they just let him.
Jake, I like the bloke but what a mug for trying to live a single life through the other lads. Silly boy.
Thank you! Quite frankly they're all idiots and pricks the boys & the girls, only Liberty is the one who hasn't fecked up in some way and is likeable at the same time.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Whataboutism is when you take a topic off track by talking about a completely different topic. This isn't that.
Not that I care about any of this, but that's not what it means. Or, rather, it's one of the aspects, but it's also about trying to shift the blame on someone you perceive to be a worse offender rather than adequately defend the one being discussed. Just sayin'.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC

I never said the girls were immune from criticism, where have you got that from? I've actually joined in and criticised especially Faye's behaviour.
If you haven't watched Aftersun then like I said the criticism of Kaz is OTT, what exactly is she meant to do, stay with a guy who's shown no effort to get to know her? She should've handled it better, but there are people calling her all types of insults, meanwhile saying zip about Tyler, Liam & Toby - which is my point.
I'm not deflecting and saying she's innocent, it's moreso to keep the same energy for the boys too. If Kaz is a *****, then Tyler is a ****head - that's literally it, and all you see is Kaz is a ***** in here.

Thank you! Quite frankly they're all idiots and pricks the boys & the girls, only Liberty is the one who hasn't fecked up in some way and is likeable at the same time.
And how have you worked that out?

The comments are regarding the latest episodes, and before that Faye's behaviour. Other than that, this thread hasn't been active to comment so how have you worked that out?

sebsheep

Sorry but that's bollox. If she gave that much of a shit, she would have waited and asked him what was going on. Are you her dad by any chance? I struggle to see any other explanation for your strange views on this. Your moral compass needs adjusting.
If that post card doesn't arrive only 1 girl recouples. They have no idea what's going on in the other villa, those pictures made them worry about being completely screwed over by the guys so they decided to get to know the new guys and see if they saw anything there. Faye and Teddy were pretty quick to sort things out after he came back and she was upfront with Sam about everything as well.

*I'm not her dad

sebsheep

Nah ridiculous. If you have to tell your partner every conversation you have with women you find attractive, you shouldn't be in that relationship.
You don't. You might find it's useful to tell them about a bit of flirting with someone you kissed when they ask you if anything else happened though.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
You don't. You might find it's useful to tell them about a bit of flirting with someone you kissed when they ask you if anything else happened though.
Not if I'm just seeing someone, I don't at all.