Lucia Garcia

Eric_the_Red99

At this rate we might as well do a deal to become some more successful and ambitious team’s official feeder club. That way we might at least get some promising young players on loan for a season so they can get some game time. We will never, ever make any progress if we keep losing our best players every summer. This is infuriating.

Glorio

We barely play her, she probably wants to be a starter somehere.
I didn't watch the women that much this season, but I thought she's an established starter now?

She should never have been benched her first season anyway

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
We barely play her, she probably wants to be a starter somehere.
Last season she was used in 20 matches in WSL, though she only started 8.

This season she's started 13 in WSL and come on as sub in the other 9 games. In the FA cup she started 4 matches and scored in the QF, SF (against Chelsea) 2 x final. She's been a key player in the second half of the season and an important player all season.

Crucially we've tried replacing her with new signings and she's always fought her way back into the team. She's hardworking and a team player. There's no way we'll find a player who's better than her and who wants to come to us.

If she leaves I'll see this as United's failure.

GledTheRed

Last season she was used in 20 matches in WSL, though she only started 8.

This season she's started 13 in WSL and come on as sub in the other 9 games. In the FA cup she started 4 matches and scored in the QF, SF (against Chelsea) 2 x final. She's been a key player in the second half of the season and an important player all season.

Crucially we've tried replacing her with new signings and she's always fought her way back into the team. She's hardworking and a team player. There's no way we'll find a player who's better than her and who wants to come to us.

If she leaves I'll see this as United's failure.
Don't get me wrong I rate her but you could understand if she wanted to leave as we have messed her about a bit.

Scanny

Don't get me wrong I rate her but you could understand if she wanted to leave as we have messed her about a bit.
I think she’s stated she’s happy at United only recently so if this move is true it’s on United not Garcia.

Ekeke

Shes a hard worker who runs all day. There are areas where she clearly needs to improve though. For example she has our 3rd lowest passing percentage after Geyse (61.8%), Williams (67.8%), Garcia has 68.3%

Overall I'd still pick her over Galton and shes 30 now on top of that. Despite having more end product I'd potentially pick her over Parris too. Just because she will chase lost causes and press a bit

All 3 of them were in the 1200-1260 range of minutes, so she pretty much played as many minutes as the other wide options and attacking players. Only Toone was far ahead with 1735 mins and shes part of the midfield, albeit attacking. It was the deep midfielders and defenders who played more minutes

Grande

Shes a hard worker who runs all day. There are areas where she clearly needs to improve though. For example she has our 3rd lowest passing percentage after Geyse (61.8%), Williams (67.8%), Garcia has 68.3%

Overall I'd still pick her over Galton and shes 30 now on top of that. Despite having more end product I'd potentially pick her over Parris too. Just because she will chase lost causes and press a bit

All 3 of them were in the 1200-1260 range of minutes, so she pretty much played as many minutes as the other wide options and attacking players. Only Toone was far ahead with 1735 mins and shes part of the midfield, albeit attacking. It was the deep midfielders and defenders who played more minutes
Yea, and I think the passing percentages has a lot to do with crosses being an important part of the game plan. I think Galton at her best is better, bu as you point out, Garcia is an integralnpart of the matchday solutions, and she brings something only she brings, wether rain or shine.

Makes no sense just ‘allowing’ her contract to run down. I would love to go to Mexico to play football, and follow in the footsteps of Ravel and Morrisey, but I doubt somehow that Rayadas would have the pull over us in a bidding war.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I think we carried on messing her around when it came to contract renewal.

This very much sucks. Was just a great player to have around. I saw Natalie Burrell on twitter mention Mexico for her a while back, and she thinks there's another couple of big departures still to come :(

Terland would be a nice signing, though I can't imagine we'd be the only ones in for her.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
This very much sucks. Was just a great player to have around. I saw Natalie Burrell on twitter mention Mexico for her a while back, and she thinks there's another couple of big departures still to come :(

Terland would be a nice signing, though I can't imagine we'd be the only ones in for her.
Two year deal, 38 minutes in first season, out on loan second season, leaves for free in 2026.

Lightbringer

So we got outbid financially by Las Rayadas a Mexican club that made her an offer she could not refuse!

How are we supposed to react to this? Is Man United so poor we cant compete with teams in Mexico?

Or does United not think Garcia is good enough to match the offer from Mexico?

How many fan favorites can we lose without it affecting attendance negatively?

Last edited:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So we got outbid financially by Las Rayadas a Mexican club that made her an offer she could not refuse!

How are we supposed to react to this? Is Man United so poor we cant compete with teams in Mexico?

Or does United not think Garcia is good enough to match the offer from Mexico?

How many fan favorites can we lose without it affecting attendance negatively?
The Mexican clubs are offering stupid money, woman's football is growing massively over there.
Sponsorship money is fairly huge in comparison to what it is in England.
There will be many more high profile signings to Mexico soon for sure.

So yes, United cannot compete with that, nor can many WSL teams, I really do think people need to to get real about the state of the WSL and the money it's bringing in.

Lightbringer

The Mexican clubs are offering stupid money, woman's football is growing massively over there.
Sponsorship money is fairly huge in comparison to what it is in England.
There will be many more high profile signings to Mexico soon for sure.

So yes, United cannot compete with that, nor can many WSL teams, I really do think people need to to get real about the state of the WSL and the money it's bringing in.
How does that work? Is it companies that sponsor the clubs with insane money compared to clubs in england? And why is that the case?

If this is true it might be time for the fans to start hating on the club for Garcia allegedly leaving?