Luis Enrique resigned from Spain job | Re-appointed as Spain manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedOpinion

Considering the players he had available I think he has got them playing brilliantly. If they had Torres or Villa they very well might have won the tournament.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
For some reason, I had a bad opinion about him. I stand corrected, he is good. This Spain team had nothing but played quite brilliantly today.

RooneyLegend

I mean he can learn it :lol:

Highly doubt he'd want to manage in England and I doubt we'd ever go for him.

What are your views on him?

So many attribute his success at Barca solely to MSN, but I think he's a good manager and did well at the Euros considering how barren Spain are in attack.
He's a great coach, always has been.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Would like to see him back at club management.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Shouldn't shoulder any of the blame for Spains exit, has done well with the hand he's been dealt. Lots of potential in Spain in the future if they can just find a goalscorer.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He did well with what he had, on another day they are in the final.

Certainly the best Spain-side since 2012.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Shouldn't shoulder any of the blame for Spains exit, has done well with the hand he's been dealt. Lots of potential in Spain in the future if they can just find a goalscorer.
Tikki takka shit destroyed a lot of what was good about football, specifically out and out strikers. Every national program saw what Barca did and decided they wanted to play that way… except you can’t because it’s success was entirely dependent on Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets playing in a certain way.

It wasn’t sustainable and we are now left with a generation of average strikers. Hence the reason the likes of Greenwood and Haaland stick out like sore thumbs.

feck, it will be a long time before we get a Michael Owen, Hernandez, Inzagi type striker which is quite sad as it was exciting to watch.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Did a very good job this tournament, Spain played really well.

On the other hand, almost anyone could have predicted "Spain was let down by lack of goalscoring" so he should probably get to fixing that instead of his perverse insistence on Morata.

Classical Mechanic

Is he not being a lot overhyped now because they had a decent game against a side that whilst good is also being wildly overhyped?

6 games
1 win in normal time against Slovakia
4 draws
2 penalty shootouts

If England had the run they had and bottled a penalty shootout to go out we'd never here the end of it.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
El Lucho is a fantastic manager, and had Spain playing some lovely intense football this tournament.
They lack a goalscorer, but that's been Spain's issue for years
Would love to see Enrique in the dugout at United at one point.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Is he not being a lot overhyped now because they had a decent game against a side that whilst good is also being wildly overhyped?

6 games
4 draws
2 penalty shootouts

If England had the run they had and bottled a penalty shootout to go out we'd never here the end of it.
Games were close and draws, because they missed a ton of chances, which is on the players.

also:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

6 games
4 draws
2 penalty shootouts

This is a valid point, but Spain are the top scorers in the tournament, despite a lack of a true goalscorer, plus they have dominated near enough every game they've played, bar the Italian one last night.
No one could deny the Sweden game was one way traffic for example!

Remember, this was a widely unfancied Spanish side who had the build up to the tournament massively curtailed by Covid.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I always enjoyed his Barcelona the most even if Pep’s seemed more scientific.

I wouldn’t mind him here after Ole finishes a good double transfer window this season.

Spaghetti

Mom's
They won 1 game in the whole tournament, and they didn’t exactly have the most difficult run to the semis: Poland, Sweden, Slovakia, Croatia, Switzerland.

They did miss a lot of chances, but a lot of their football was passing around at the back and then fouling the other team when they win the ball back. Pep Enrique.

led_scholes

I always enjoyed his Barcelona the most even if Pep’s seemed more scientific.

I wouldn’t mind him here after Ole finishes a good double transfer window this season.
I agree. Barca 2009-2012 was the most well-run machine the world has seen. But imo it was dreadfully boring. Enrique's Barca 2015 was far, far more entertaining.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If he'd have had Ramos at CB and picked Morata from the start I think he'd have won today - thought Mancini got his subs wrong. Poor that Adama didn't get a run out as well, and Thiago could have been used much better. Apart from all of that he's a genius.

Classical Mechanic

Games were close and draws, because they missed a ton of chances, which is on the players.

also:

This is a valid point, but Spain are the top scorers in the tournament, despite a lack of a true goalscorer, plus they have dominated near enough every game they've played, bar the Italian one last night.
No one could deny the Sweden game was one way traffic for example!

Remember, this was a widely unfancied Spanish side who had the build up to the tournament massively curtailed by Covid.
Fair points although I think wildly unfancied is an exaggeration. Whilst not the side they were they have a lot of good players and that cohesive style of player and philosophy which I always think is an advantage at this level.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s a good manager. I thought Spain were pretty poor though. Still loads of possession for the sake of it and a lack of cutting edge. Are there any young Spanish strikers breaking through at the moment?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Thread title displaying wrong information. Please start a new thread if you need to discuss the latest on Spain and Luis Enrique.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.