Luis Nani | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
To think that Bale was POTY ....
Yeah POTY last season was utter nonsense. But then no United player won it when we won the Treble so you gotta expect that sorta nonsense.

Nani is gonna be even better this season than he was last year and I can see him making such a strong statement this year that it'd be ridiculous for him not to get it.

Devil may care

He was magic today, so much flair and his finishing is also getting better and better, best played on the right without question IMO, not only for his crossing but he shoots better coming in on his left.

Widnes

Think he is now the best winger in the world never mind the country, a proper world class talent he has developed into.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Will the journo's give Nani his due this year?

3 Nani could be the player to watch

The Portuguese could be forgiven for feeling aggrieved at times since the latter stages of last season. First, he did not even make it on the Professional Footballers' Association player‑of‑the‑year shortlist, despite the penetrative, sometimes mesmeric wing play that eventually led to his winning United's own award. He lost his place to Antonio Valencia for the Champions League final and then Ferguson began the summer by splashing out around £14m for a like-for-like player in Ashley Young. Some players would sulk. Yet Nani has merely set about the business of reminding us why the PFA got it so badly wrong. On this form, there can be few more devastating wide players on the planet.--Daniel Taylor, Five things we learned from the Community shield

dave2528

When Nani nicked the ball free from the defender, and broke free in the open, you knew he was going to score. He was 30-40 yards from goal and you knew then and there that he was going to beat Hart.

He's much more mature and composed than what he was several years ago. Nani is a class, class footballer.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
When Nani nicked the ball free from the defender, and broke free in the open, you knew he was going to score. He was 30-40 yards from goal and you knew then and there that he was going to beat Hart.

He's much more mature and composed than what he was several years ago. Nani is a class, class footballer.
I knew it as well. And then afterwards I had to consider if there was anyone else I would rather have in that exact position than Nani, and the answer I came up with was no. Say what you want about his arrogance, but it gives him the confidence that just makes him a United player.

dave2528

I knew it as well. And then afterwards I had to consider if there was anyone else I would rather have in that exact position than Nani, and the answer I came up with was no. Say what you want about his arrogance, but it gives him the confidence that just makes him a United player.
There are so, so many ways that a player with less confidence could turn that exact situation into a complete mess.

Ekeke

The best part for me was during Nani's comments after the match when he was asked what he was thinking when he went through on goal. Not content with running more than half the pitch to win the ball and go through onto the keeper and stick it in the net, his first thought was to chip the goalkeeper. Thats how confident he is. But he's not stupid either, when he saw the goalkeeper wasnt in the right position for him to try it he decided at the last moment to go round him and tuck it away

MTF

The best part for me was during Nani's comments after the match when he was asked what he was thinking when he went through on goal. Not content with running more than half the pitch to win the ball and go through onto the keeper and stick it in the net, his first thought was to chip the goalkeeper. Thats how confident he is. But he's not stupid either, when he saw the goalkeeper wasnt in the right position for him to try it he decided at the last moment to go round him and tuck it away
This.

It takes an athlete confident with many aspects of his game to calmly change what he'd thought to do initially, and do so while making it seem like he was committed to rounding the keeper all along.

I remember that recently at my weekly 7-a-side, I'd beaten the defender, wanted to shoot at the right corner of the goal like I most often do, only to find that the keeper was out of position to the right. Result was that my shot left went wide.

Nani, being many thousand times the player I am, could've done some 5 or more things in the situation, and was able to do exactly the right one, given what Joe Hart was giving him.

Aint gota Kalou

He's so effective against all type of opposition. Not only does he put away the lesser teams in the league but he also steps up his game for the biggest teams. He's just the complete winger and if he can become more of a consistent goalthreat like he looked like in the first half of last season he could elevate himself into one of the best footballers on the planet.

gbgary

The manager said we just need to score the first goal and the game would be easier for us, and we did well. It’s good to play against Man City and win like that. I think the fans are proud of us and it’s a beautiful day. Now we just enjoy.” -nani

"the manager" :lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
♫ Let us appreciate the physicality of this monster ♫

Never mind best winger in the country
When he's in his best form, you could make a case for him as the third best player in the world

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791

Exact same feeling.

And also both his goals were left footed :p

Yep, he was much more successful last season cutting in from the right and shooting with his left than he was from the opposite side and shooting with his preferred foot

Ekeke

His goals dried up when he started one week on the left, next on the right and so on. While he had a fixed place on the right hand side every week, he was really developing into a great goalthreat coming onto his left foot

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Quality today.

Some people gave Young a place in the top three players in the MOTM thread. He was okish, but nothing on Nani. What a player!

twitchchris

Based on today's vital, well rounded, and team-player performance I suspend my wish of the last 2 seasons to see Nani sold immediately.

He was passing more than normal, and the whole team benefited.

And he didn't dive, of shoot from 35 yards and look as though his missing was some unfair burden on him alone.

Best winger in the country? Maybe not yet, but if he plays like that all season he will be.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Without being rude, I can't believe it took you until now to not want him out the club! The guy's a phenomenal player, despite any faults he has displayed throughout his United career. Since January 09/10, a good argument could be forward for him being the best player in the league. The injury against Liverpool last year was such a shame.

Though Messi is out of his reach (in my opinion, of course), for me, he has the potential to be as good as Ronaldo. He's definitely not worse when he plays like he did today. His top level is absolutely amazing.

twitchchris

I can't overlook his faults at times when they impede his performances. That's been the problem for me. Before today every goal of Nani's has been balanced with a stupid long shot that goes over the bar when there was a pass to an unmarked player that would have stood the team better. For every assist there was a dive, and time wasted looking put upon for not getting the free kick. He was even doing last season.

Today he did none of the negative. Absolutely none of it. He was really showing what he was made of, and I happily praised him. He was brilliant. If that's how he plays from now on then he'll be one of my favorites.

His work today was especially important to my estimation of him because even most neutrals and ABUs I heard/read from today said the match was great. They weren't complaining about diving, simulation, dodgy ref calls, unearned penalties. All the commentary was that it was a great match, hard fought, Nani was stellar, and the best team won.

That type of victory is the sweetest to me. May the man contribute to more of them.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Based on today's vital, well rounded, and team-player performance I suspend my wish of the last 2 seasons to see Nani sold immediately.

He was passing more than normal, and the whole team benefited.

And he didn't dive, of shoot from 35 yards and look as though his missing was some unfair burden on him alone.

Best winger in the country? Maybe not yet, but if he plays like that all season he will be.
By far the best winger in the country. Was last season as well easily.

Pretty much him or Robben who are battling people's opinions of who's the best in the world. Don't think Di Maria would get much shout.

surf

His second goal was a lot like Best's in the European Cup final. He was very assured the way he beat Hart.

Shimo

SAF stating the obvious, especially with Tony V. probably a ways from starting any games.

Nani I think is going to have an absolute cracker of a season. He'll get the proper rest with the options we have - barring any more assaults by thugs on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.