Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Fair enough, I wasn't referring to you though, there is another .. Coach who regularly comes into this thread and seems to flat out dislike Nani.

Surely you can see the difference in the uproar in the Nani threads after poor performances in comparison to the likes of Valencia's though, no?
:lol:

Aye, I must hate him(if that's referred to me that is).

Talk about thoroughly under-rating one of our own. Nani's among the best wingers in the world right now.

That was in this January when he was playing well.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
The fans love a trier?
They do, and should. All the best teams work their balls off.

Today there were allegations that Nani was pulling out of challenges and not trying. And true or not is does reflect a deeper insight to what people think of him. I personally disbelieve that any of our players wouldn't try, and would hope that if they didn't they'd never play for us again. I think Nani just finds it hard to get into games sometimes.

Cina

:lol:

Aye, I must hate him(if that's referred to me that is).

That was in this January when he was playing well.
Jesus, that must make Young a pretty amazing winger too then.

(You had to look back 9 months to find a very good comment?)

KM

Jesus, that must make Young a pretty amazing winger too then.
Just because I said that the difference between Nani and Young is not that much as people say here, doesn't mean Young is pretty amazing. Some people were saying that Nani is twice the player of Young, I disputed that.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Nani is great at making thinks happen occasionally. The problem is that the rest of the time he is the primary reason for attacks breaking down and possession being lost.

KM

In second half, he could've easily created 4-5 goals. Great match.
That was also after the match against Gala. Jesus I've some agenda against him :lol:

NoLogo

He sadly has these periods where every decision he makes seems to be the wrong one, he shoots when he should pass, he passes when he should have taken the shot or he totally misfires it, despite having such a brilliant shot usually.

I think it's a confidence thing more then anything for him atm, so let's hope he finds a confidence boosting moment very soon.

Cina

Just because I said that the difference between Nani and Young is not that much as people say here, doesn't mean Young is pretty amazing. Some people were saying that Nani is twice the player of Young, I disputed that.
So how big is the difference then? I said he was "twice the player" because it's a commonly used phrase, it's not literal Mathemetics we're speaking here, I'm not actually saying he is twice as good as him, but there's a pretty big gulf.

Even when I said he's a much better player (so like, 1.4x the player?) you disagreed, which means you don't think there's much of a gap, so Young must be close to world class too, no?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I think when young returns Nani may find it hard to get back in the side.

We know what Fergie can be like at times, Nani could well be frozen out.

Cina

That was also after the match against Gala. Jesus I've some agenda against him :lol:
Do you seriously want me to quote the negatives?

Even a search result of the first page has you talking total crap about him being injured for only a brief period last season when in fact he was injured far longer.

Anyway, I don't know if you've an "agenda", maybe that's too much to say, but you do have quite a tendency to criticise him and give off at posters who defend him and really like him.

KM

Do you seriously want me to quote the negatives?

Even a search result of the first page has you talking total crap about him being injured for only a brief period last season when in fact he was injured far longer.

Anyway, I don't know if you've an "agenda", maybe that's too much to say, but you do have quite a tendency to criticise him and give off at posters who defend him and really like him.
For which I apologized immediately to Orton in the very next post. He still has been pretty average in the last nine months.

Cina

For which I apologized immediately to Orton in the very next post. He still has been pretty average in the last nine months.
I disagree, he's been average this season for sure, sometimes poor, but since January last year he was more often good than poor (when not injured), it's just that people seem to think back to the City game and how rubbish he was in it.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Nani was feckin awful today and right to come off.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Kept Valencia on because Rafael needed help defending on that side, kept Giggs on because he is Giggs.

Ash_G

As poor as he was tbh I still thought he looked the more dangerous of our attackers in the first half. He got on to the ball in good positions in the attack when we did get the ball and opened up space for himself well but he was sloppy with some of his passes and seemed a bit unsure on what he should do. He wasn't helped by the overall poorness of the other attacking players. Like I've said it's not really fair or true imo to say he was considerably worse than anyone else in that first half. I suppose the one positive to take from this average spell from him is that at least it's mostly faults with him own game such as sloppy passing etc rather than the other team shutting him out.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Even if he did want to leave we just can't afford to lose him. We would only have Young and Val left as wingers if he left.

He'll come good again. Everyone of our front 4 was fecking crap today especially in the first half.
He just gets all the stick atm.
That's true. Of course, if we were going to get rid of him I'm sure we would have brought someone else in.

Kagawa did look a bit off colour I guess, as well as RVP. But Nani was on a completely different level of shit today. The little shitty chips he was trying to do, and running into a cul-de-sac was just pissing me off. I was thrilled when he was subsituted off, and that says a lot considering he's one of our most threatening players on his day.

I reckon he'll be off in January. We'll get more for him, and if he continues to half-arse it like he has done far this season, we won't miss him.

Call me foolish, but I'd quite happily take a risk with an Isco at the moment than a Nani who quite clearly wanted to leave a few weeks ago.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Giggs and Valencia were as bad. I think the reason he was given the chop was attitude
Valencia wasn't as bad, Nani gave the ball away far more, 65% pass success rate or something daft. He got in good positions but constantly hung on to it too long, not surprised Fergie took him off.

Agree on Giggsy though, thought he was poor too.

Ash_G

Valencia wasn't as bad, Nani gave the ball away far more, 65% pass success rate or something daft. He got in good positions but constantly hung on to it too long, not surprised Fergie took him off.

Agree on Giggsy though, thought he was poor too.
Yeah but Valencia was also a lot less involved in the game as well in that first half. One of those games from Nani where he looked like he could make the difference but at the same time was causing some issues from some poor play.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Mehh if you think he looked like creating I just think your overly optimistic, he created feck all - hence he was taken off.

Ash_G

He put in one good cross, but there were a few moments where he beat his man and cut inside which looked like it could lead somewhere but he either messed up the pass or held to long, also think there wasn't a lot of movement around him.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
How have you reached that conclusion exactly?
OK, admittedly I may have said that wrongly. Of course it's not a fact that he wanted/wants to leave, but I believe in the Zenit making a bid business. I don't think it's bollocks. I also don't think it's bollocks that Nani is asking for too much in terms of his wage demands. His performances all season, for me, looks like his heart isn't in it anymore. You could see a difference in Ronaldo's last season in my opinion, however superb he was simply because he's just a wonderful player, that his heart wasn't fully in it.

This is just my opinion. I might be way off the mark, and yet I might be absolutely correct. If Nani's off in January, then it's quite clearly I made a correct judgment. He doesn't seem to play with heart anymore. Yes we're only a few games into the season, but Nani has reached a new level of shitness for me this season and I don't think it's down to him being in his annual bad-patch.

I like Nani, and I'll support him if he does indeed stay. But if he leaves in January, at this moment of time, I won't miss him whatsoever. The amount of times he's lost the ball over the past few games is just terrible. If a player doesn't want to be at the club, let them leave. However dangerous Nani can be, he isn't worth it when he puts in half-arsed performances like these.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was nothing worse than Giggs, Kagawa, Valencia and even van Persie. At least he was trying to play football, Valencia and Kagawa were invisible in first half.

Shimo

He was nothing worse than Giggs, Kagawa, Valencia and even van Persie. At least he was trying to play football, Valencia and Kagawa were invisible in first half.
Agreed and he was working hard defensively.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
to be honest, when he was on the ball he was the poorest of that lot, Giggs was up there aswell based on first half, some of the pasing by them two was shocking. Valencia got no ball to him 1st half, we played too narrow and couldnt hold onto the ball, basically just punting up the pitch rugby style.

Possibly his confidence is down, he tends to cutback alot now, rather than take on players 1v1 as much as he used to. He still does it, but he takes alot more time to decide what to do.

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
Get sick of people saying 'Valencia doesn't get this stick' probably because Valencia has actually performed in a few games this season, Nani has been shit, 'he could of set up 4 or 5 goals' well he didn't and considering how long he has been here some very basic tools are missing from his game i.e passing waywardly under no pressure far too often and his crosses are either brilliant or worse than Bebes. He is starting to really piss me off this season.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Get sick of people saying 'Valencia doesn't get this stick' probably because Valencia has actually performed in a few games this season, Nani has been shit, 'he could of set up 4 or 5 goals' well he didn't and considering how long he has been here some very basic tools are missing from his game i.e passing waywardly under no pressure far too often and his crosses are either brilliant or worse than Bebes. He is starting to really piss me off this season.
A bit harsh paceme, he's not in form granted but he's still a very handy player and one of our game changers. Hopefully his form returns soon.

Godfather

What are you on? He was one of our better performers against galatasary. Don't see how val has performed so much better so far. Both are perfoing well under par atm

mungy

I am a terrible poster, please ignore me
I was hoping he would prove me and others wrong today...he didn't.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
All he needs is a spark of confidence in his great abilities and he'll enter the season like he should.

No bigger worries about him, to be honest.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I reckon he's tired, after the Euro's and all that. Hasn't had much of a rest.

Think he'll come good in the business end of the season.

I'm always right

Don't see how val has performed so much better so far. Both are perfoing well under par atm
Val has had a very poor start to the season imo. That brilliant run in the second half saved his game today, fair play to him, great sign to do something like that when not playing well.

Erictheking7

From the trawler in front of the seagulls.........
Nani was the worst player on the pitch and was rightly taken off. His start to the season has been pretty shocking tbh. He is a talented player who is playing nowhere near his capabilities. Whether its attitude, confidence or just a complete lack of form he needs to improve significantly or get used to warming the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.