Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't think Hernandez was too bad myself.
He is having his old problems with awfull first touch, plus his understanding in build up has been very poor, Welbeck won numerous of headers, and he was nowhere near to collect single ball from that.

acnumber9

When has welbeck ever looked like scoring or creating? His play has been great but around the box it's still same old welbeck so far.
When he played the best pass of the match to put Cleverley in behind thei full back in the box?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Hate it when the set piece taker doesn't beat the first man. Proper pet peeve.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I usually loathe the matchday thread and the way people slate our players in there but on this occasion Nani has had a bit of shocker and people are stating that. Surely nobody was seriously suggesting he be subbed after 20 minutes or that we sell him. It seemed quite good humoured to me.

The stick that players like Young get is far, FAR worse in the matchday thread, as every mistake he makes you get about 10 posters saying he isn't "United quality"

lysglimt

Scout
Nani today hardly hit a pass, failed with all corners, failed with all free-kicks, his work-rate was mediocre....

and that would be fine if that was an off-day for him - but he has performed like this for a couple of seasons now. And still there are people who keep faith in him - impressive

Ash_G

Had a poor game no doubt about that but think the commentators were particularly harsh on him. He did a few nice things that weren't really acknowledged but still a poor performance, still wouldn't be surprised if Giggs gave the ball away more in his time on the pitch than Nani did.

binary bot
Shows how bad are wingers have been when i'd rather he'd of stayed on than Valencia, surprised we didn't try him on the left - out best attack came down that side as soon as an actual winger played there.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
@lysglimit His workrate was very good, no one would probably notice him if his workrate was mediocre, he had probably most touches from our players, that was probably his problem in todays game.

acnumber9

The panty pissing that would have followed Ashley Young putting in a performance like that would have been enough to flood Manchester. I still think he's got the ability but I don't know if he wants to be at the club anymore. I'd like to see him sign a contract because replacing him carries as much risk as keeping him but I'd be genuinely surprised if he's still here next season.

Cina

@lysglimit His workrate was very good, no one would probably notice him if his workrate was mediocre, he had probably most touches from our players, that was probably his problem in todays game.
His problem was that he was crap, to be fair. No other way around it. It was a bad performance but hopefully it won't deter SAF from picking him in future games now, because he was just back from injury.

Godfather

His passing was downright awful. Still looked the most dangerous for us in the first half which says a lot.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
His problem was that he was crap, to be fair. No other way around it. It was a bad performance but hopefully it won't deter SAF from picking him in future games now, because he was just back from injury.
He was crap, no doubt about it and no excuses, but he criticized his workrate, even though his workrate was good as anyone elses.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
We need a new set of wingers, Hazardwouldve been such a great acquisition.

Sam

We need a new set of wingers, Hazardwouldve been such a great acquisition.
He's a fecking top player aint he? Still a bit gutted about missing out on him.

As for Nani, I havent a clue what that was about today. Beyond woeful.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
absolutely shocking in the first half. Was hoping he would stay on as usually coming back from injury/layoff he takes about an hour or so to get into the rhythm of the game. At the time I was hoping Valencia would have come off for Jones to go RB, Clev to CM and gigs/young to LW as we had nothing going down the left wing.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Had a bad game but I do think fans are going overboard with all our wingers these days.

His only excuse is that he's just returned from a hamstring injury. Other than that he really disappointed me. He can be quite good at linking up with our other players but very little found it's target today. Maybe if he was switched to the left wing instead of coming off, he'd have had more success.

He needs to earn his way back in the team again.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
His only excuse is that he's just returned from a hamstring injury. Other than that he really disappointed me. He can be quite good at linking up with our other players but very little found it's target today. Maybe if he was switched to the left wing instead of coming off, he'd have had more success.

He needs to earn his way back in the team again.
What? Does he even have competition on right wing?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's been lifeless since Michael Jackson died.

gza the genius

It was his first game back from injury and he was playing out of position, those saying he doesn't have the ability or that we should just let him leave based on this showing are crazy. He's had a season interrupted by injury and doubts about his future here and has still been much better than Valencia and Young.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
It was his first game back from injury and he was playing out of position, those saying he doesn't have the ability or that we should just let him leave based on this showing are crazy. He's had a season interrupted by injury and doubts about his future here and has still been much better than Valencia and Young.
Out of position? Some on here actually believe his best position is on the right.

He had a mare today - potentially due to it being his first game back. No need to make excuses on his position.

gza the genius

Out of position? Some on here actually believe his best position is on the right.

He had a mare today - potentially due to it being his first game back. No need to make excuses on his position.
He wasn't really on the right though, he was playing through the middle basically any time he got the ball. I could be wrong but it looked like we were playing with Cleverley - Carrick - Jones with Nani in front of them.

Either way, it was his first game back and even though his passing was terrible he still did some good things going forward.

What? Does he even have competition on right wing?
He can be the best of them, but coming back from injury he was the worst of them. Until he looks sharp, either in training or matches, he can't be an automatic choice. Young deserves to continue and Valencia.. well Fergie does tend to play him no matter what.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
He can be the best of them, but coming back from injury he was the worst of them. Until he looks sharp, either in training or matches, he can't be an automatic choice. Young deserves to continue and Valencia.. well Fergie does tend to play him no matter what.
Young had poor 90 minutes against Sunderland, so I don't see how good ten minutes can put him in driving seat.

As for Valencia, I don't think "Fergie does tend to play him no matter what" means he deserves to be first choice.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I'm his biggest supporter on here and we was horrible today.

Valencia was arguable worse. What's happened to them? I think with both players it is a fitness issue so hopefully they come back fresh next year. There is no international competition - good opportunity for a physical and emotional rest.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
In fairness he played Cleverley in behind the defence with a lovely touch and pass before half-time.

Sylar

Hate it when the set piece taker doesn't beat the first man. Proper pet peeve.
Agreed. If it happens once in a while I can understand, but if it keeps happening, no matter the player, they should be a fined a weeks wages. Theres no excuse.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
In fairness he played Cleverley in behind the defence with a lovely touch and pass before half-time.
Yes, that one did slip my mind, I just remember quite a few times he couldn't play the right pass or took a bad touch around the box.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Agreed. If it happens once in a while I can understand, but if it keeps happening, no matter the player, they should be a fined a weeks wages. Theres no excuse.
He did play 2 brilliant free kicks in the first half which caused Chelsea problems. The corner in the 2nd, along with the free kick where he probably should have just went for goal, were shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.