Luis Suárez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
Not sure if I'm allowed to create threads based around another club's player going elsewhere?

Anyway, if I am:

Various rumours are circulating stating that Barcelona are still keen on aquiring King Ratty despite him having a fetish for biting other human beings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28059782

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...iverpool-fc-transfer-gossip-barcelona-7335691

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-plot-luis-suarez-transfer-3771125

A matter of time before he moves?

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
An attacking trio of Suarez, Messi and Neymar does sound more or less impossible to deal with.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
If they meet the £80m release clause, then he's gone. We should most certainly ask for Sanchez in exchange though.

Cina sucks

I thought he has previously said that "He'd love to play for Real Madrid" or something like that?

Cina sucks

I can't see Barca paying £80 million for a player who is banned until end of October. Although saying that, could this be Barca's last marquee signing for a while seeing as their transfer embargo starts soon?

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
If they meet the £80m release clause, then he's gone. We should most certainly ask for Sanchez in exchange though.
Sanchez's good world cup so far and Suarez's ban will have effected both their values though. I had some Liverpool supporting mate suggest £60m + Sanchez pre World Cup. That's hardly viable now. What money plus swap deal you reckon you'd get?

Cina sucks

I still think he is going nowhere.
The thing is, IF Suarez does stay at Pool, it will always be entertaining. You just know he's going to feck up again, and again, and probably again after that.

It's win-win for supporters of other clubs. Yes, he might score the odd goal against us but he does provide non-stop entertainment.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
It looks as if Barcelona are going to sign him (Madrid seem to be after Falcao).

-----Suarez---------------Messi----------------Neymar-------

Looks like an absolutely filthy lineup, Evan with Suarez out until October, Barcelona have players that easily pick up the slack.

What do you guys think is better? Falcao, Ronaldo, Bale or Suarez, Messi, Neymar..?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Sanchez will have better offers than Liverpool though, if he's to be sold.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
Fair enough. If you get eighty million for him you'll have done well. I can't see it happening though.
The club don't want to sell though, so Barcelona will be forced to pay the buyout (whether that be with money or money and a player).

Sanchez's good world cup so far and Suarez's ban will have effected both their values though. I had some Liverpool supporting mate suggest £60m + Sanchez pre World Cup. That's hardly viable now. What money plus swap deal you reckon you'd get?
I would take £50m and Sanchez or the full buyout.

Mindhunter

I don't want him to leave Liverpool though but this time it really looks like they have had enough. Just waiting for the folks at RAWK to change their tone from "Suarez is GOD" to "Despicable human being" and we can laugh some more here.

IMO though, he needs to be put under the care of a psychiatrist and should not be allowed to play football before he has sorted out his issues.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
It looks as if Barcelona are going to sign him (Madrid seem to be after Falcao).

Looks like an absolutely filthy lineup, Evan with Suarez out until October, Barcelona have players that easily pick up the slack.

What do you guys think is better? Falcao, Ronaldo, Bale or Suarez, Messi, Neymar..?
It's an impossible question isn't it. In the end, balance matters more than names. Neymar + Messi is still a work in progress. Is Suarez really the missing link :angel:

NessunDorma

Think he's kicked his last ball in anger for Liverpool personally.

This whole biting incident, and the way the Uruguayan camp clearly feel the 'English media' are out to get him, means he'll just want to get the hell out of this country. His position in the U.K. has been made virtually 'untenable', as daft as that sounds.

And if he can do that by moving to a club with more chance of winning major trophies, all's the better (from his point of view)

NinjaFletch

Why on earth would they meet a release clause and then go 'ah feck it you might as well have Sanchez as well'?

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
The club don't want to sell though, so Barcelona will be forced to pay the buyout (whether that be with money or money and a player).

I would take £50m and Sanchez or the full buyout.
I'm sure you would. Wasn't really my question though. I asked what you think you'd get. Sanchez cost Barca what, over £30m. He's been very good for them, despite them not falling in love with him. He's having a really good world cup and Chile aren't out of it yet. We all know a good world cup can add to a players price. His price has surely gone up, not down since he signed for Barca.

With the drama Suarez brings and the fact that he's out of action until November, do you really think Barca will still value Suarez at £90m+? Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see you getting £50m + Sanchez for Suarez now. It was certainly possible before the Chiellini incident. I don't see it now though. Again, I wait to be proven wrong.

Skills

Snitch
After Sanchez's world cup, Barcelona can expect offers in the £40m region. They've already got £27m from the Cesc sale, so I don't they'll have any problem triggering the buyout clause if they want him.

Now if Liverpool desperately want Sanchez, it's them who'll have to give Barcelona a bit of a discount on Suarez.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea

On paper SMN is superior since Suarez>Falcao Messi>Ronaldo and Neymar=Bale, but as someone said it depends on balance.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Sanchez is worth around £30m so Barney's suggestion is fair. They shouldn't let Suarez go for anything less than an equivalent of £80m even if he's a massive idiot, he is a very capable footballer.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Barrett is probably the most well connected journalist regarding Liverpool. I would trust him over any journalist when it comes to our club.
El Confidential say it is actually 75M Euros and Marca say it is 80M Euros. Both Marca and Sport say that Barca don't even want to pay that much. They value him between 50 and 60M Euros and expect the player to agitate heavily for the move. Apparently Barca also want him to apologise for his behavior and will include heavy sanctions in his contract if he ever bites anyone again. lol.

I guess no one knows what the release clause actually is (The press I mean).

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
On paper SMN is superior since Suarez>Falcao Messi>Ronaldo and Neymar=Bale, but as someone said it depends on balance.
What if you do Ronaldo>Suarez Messi>Falcao? Then they're level. Even by the standards of your high sophisticated analysis.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Sanchez is worth around £30m so Barney's suggestion is fair. They shouldn't let Suarez go for anything less than an equivalent of £80m even if he's a massive idiot, he is a very capable footballer.
Goes to Barcelona. Scores nearly 50 goals and has over 30 assists in 140 appearances, is now in his prime, with a good world cup campaign under his belt and drops in value? I doubt it to be honest.

RedRevongge

To be honest considering how much of a liablilty Suarez is and the respective ages of the players I doubt liverpool would be able to command a fee of over 60 million for Suarez which to me equates to 30 million plus Sanchez.

That is best case scenario imo as Barca generally dont throw money around quite to the extent of Real and Suarez is more a want than a need for them.

Obviously I could be completely wrong but even 20 million plus Sanchez would be a great deal for Liverpool,

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
To be honest considering how much of a liablilty Suarez is and the respective ages of the players I doubt liverpool would be able to command a fee of over 60 million for Suarez which to me equates to 30 million plus Sanchez.

That is best case scenario imo as Barca generally dont throw money around quite to the extent of Real and Suarez is more a want than a need for them.

Obviously I could be completely wrong but even 20 million plus Sanchez would be a great deal for Liverpool,
If Barcelona don't pay what we want, then we don't sell. £20m plus Sanchez would be awful.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I think Liverpool should ask for 40m + Sanchez - they could possibly get more.

It'd be great for Liverpool. Sanchez is the best replacement they could get and they'd have money to spend elsewhere.

Zen

Are they going with a 3 DM system to work this? Since Neymar, Messi and Suarez aren't exactly too keen to work in their own halves.....would be happy to see it happen really, would hurt Barca in Europe and hurts Liverpool even more so in the League.

At least with RM, Bale can do dogwork. And it's a near natural forward line, except Falcao won't work as much as Benzema does, really don't know why they underrate Benzema so much.

RedRevongge

If Barcelona don't pay what we want, then we don't sell. £20m plus Sanchez would be awful.
Bare in mind suarez will be nearly 28 before he can play again plus he is a huge liability in terms of his discipline. How many games has he missed due to biting, racism etc? No matter how good he is, he is tarnishing the name of Liverpool through his actions.

I also rate Sanchez very very highly and even 30 million is low when you compare to what we paid for Fellaini, Shaw etc. Obviously Barca may be desperate to pay whatever it takes BUT perhaps Suarez doesnt fancy coming back to England due to the abuse he will get from fans over his actions and knocking England out. If he is desperate to move Liverpools hands are tied

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'd easily value Sanchez at £35m so if I were Liverpool £40m + Sanchez would seem a good deal although they might be able to squeeze the cash up a bit, what a duo they could have made though :drool:

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Whilst the bullish, pompous statements are amusing, the fact is you're in a far weaker position regarding Suarez than you were pre-bite.
  • Suarez is probably angling for a move behind the scenes, seeing that all his bridges are finally burnt in England.
  • His value in footballing terms is greatly diminished due to being banned, and the fact that a future indiscretion will lead to a ban of one year or more.
  • His off-field marketing value is diminished due to him being pretty much the opposite of what most sponsors want endorsing their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.