Luis Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

towcester_red

Misses too many chances to be top class. Wonderfully creative, at times too unselfish. Maybe a lack of confidence to shoot at times I dont know.

Very good footballer, Aguero/Rooney/Van Persie are all better mind.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Nice defensive work-rate in a 4411 for Uruguay, as I recall. Seems a bit too focused on 'drawing' fouls and simulating, I think he'd be much better if he focused on playing.

scalisto

Fantastic player. Creates chances out of nothing. Harasses defenders like no other player around. Must improve shooting. Must move on to a club where the likes of Kuyt are nowhere to be seen.

Top entertainment value too. As a neutral, I watch Man. Utd. to see Rooney, Man. City to see Silva and Liverpool to see Suárez.

Robbie Boy

Good player, needs to show more on the pitch though. He often plays with his head down and constantly tries to beat players - when a simple pass would have been a better option, he done this countless times last night.

I am a tad sick of how most pundits have a spunk fest over every single thing that he does on the pitch.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Good player, needs to show more on the pitch though. He often plays with his head down and constantly tries to beat players - when a simple pass would have been a better option, he done this countless times last night.

I am a tad sick of how most pundits have a spunk fest over every single thing that he does on the pitch.

That's the 'Ashley Young at Villa Syndrome'. No faith in those around them and the feeling that if they don't do something, then nobody will.

Varun

Staff
Very good player. Dives a lot and is a cnut in general but that does not take away anything from what he does on the field. Is not a natural goalscorer though and is more of a creator. He'd be absolutely deadly if paired with a player of Chicha's ilk. fwiw, i do believe that this has been far too evident for pool not to do something about it. I believe they'l buy a scorer in the summer which would give them a fantastic front 2.

Plan M

He is too good for them.

He is such a better player than the rest of the dross in the current LFC squad, that's for sure.

Robbie Boy

That's the 'Ashley Young at Villa Syndrome'. No faith in those around them and the feeling that if they don't do something, then nobody will.
You could be on to something there, moses. I can imagine that trying to beat that 6th player would be better than passing to an unmarked Andy Carroll, 4 yards from goal. Both will probably have the same outcome - a wasted chance.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
All top 4 teams from last season have better forwards and Adebayor is arguably a better player as well.

grahamo

No doubt about it, he's a very talented footballer. Its a real shame he spends most of his time on the pitch trying to wind up opponents or diving or his numerous attempts at blatant cheating (e.g. the Ghana handball).
This makes him an utter twat.
P.S. He could eat an apple through a f****ng letterbox the buck toothed cretin!

Aporkalypse

With a manager that might actually discipline his behaviour he may actually progress to that next level. The optimistic side of me thinks Kenny might well be telling him off privately, but to what extent I wouldn't like to say.

Ekeke

He's got a chance of being on the same level Tevez was last season. Will need to score more often but he's a dangerous player

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Moonred

Can we have some context there?
Not sure of the details, but apparently Suarez has hit back at his critics after last night's performance. Which brings the question, what criticism is he talking about? Surely, no one doubts his footballing abilities. And his footballing performance doesn't really make him any less racist or dilutes his onfield antics.
Roy and co. banging about how he isn't world class or something on that line was merely poor mind games and has come back to haunt them. But surely, Suarez the person is still the same.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Can you imagine the rubbish he would be coming out with if he actually won something? Thank God for slippy.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Didn't realize this was a 2011 thread and was about to go nuts reading the previous page, thinking I hadn't woken up yet :lol:

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's going to get all sorts of shit from fans of every club other than Liverpool next season, after those post-match comments. I also wouldn't be surprised if it's a come and get me plea for Madrid. "They all hate me in England, I need a fresh start".

ScarleyUtd

Does this mean he is off to Madrid? Quite a burning bridges comment. Liverpool fans, and many of his club team mates are English after all – and they supported him through all his crap – and the fans pay his wages.

A great player but a sad human being. Many people forget he wasn't exactly liked in the Dutch league either before coming to the UK.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Does this mean he is off to Madrid? Quite a burning bridges comment. Liverpool fans, and many of his club team mates are English after all – and they supported him through all his crap – and the fans pay his wages.

A great player but a sad human being. Many people forget he wasn't exactly liked in the Dutch league either before coming to the UK.
Meh. Stevie Me will still be on his hands and knees begging him to stay.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I don't believe in siding against a player just because he plays for one of United's rivals, so I have no bias in this. So, if I was falsely accused of racist abuse, I'd be f*cking furious & appalled, and would make damn sure that everyone knew my opinions on racism (especially if I was someone like Suarez, who has a ready-made media platform on which to speak on all manners of subjects); I sure as hell wouldn't be issuing bland, PR-crafted statements about being like 'a little child, only wanting to play football' or whatever rubbish he released publicly. His lack of (public) anger & dismay gave the game away for me, and convinced me that he was guilty. Knowing him though, he's just as likely referring to the media coverage of the biting incident*...which is actually quite telling, and supports my point: racism just isn't a big deal to Luis Suarez - getting an advantage over an opponent is more important to him.

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman

No. First of all, Suarez was never the brightest and he always first talked, then thought about it.

Second, the majority of Liverpool fans have sympathy for him and his treatment on England. They felt that the punishments were not justified and they are probably right considering that Terry got only half of his punishment for the same accuse, while Defoue for biting someone didn't even got punished (and a player on the second league got only 6 games while Suarez got 10). Then there was a general media witch-hunt against him. It is always going to happen if you are a top player and a cnut, but still the media IMO were far when it came to him.

And finally from the moment Uruguay and England were on the same group, a lot of Liverpool fans said that it will be Suarez' revenge. That happened and I don't think that they will back off from their words.

Redguern

Suarez seems to be on a mission to be hated worldwide.

First alienates all in Holland with his biting antics.

Then alienates a whole continent in WC 2010 by cheating Ghana of a place in the semis and then celebrating this from the touchline after his sending off.

Then adds England (and France) to his list with his Evra nonsense and more biting and general asinine demeanour (he does have the teeth of a donkey afterall).

A very classy footballer but a totally classless individual. He is perfect for the Dippers: I hope he fecks off to Madrid and leaves them crying until the ink runs off their giros...

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I think labeling someone a racist shouldn't be done so lightly. How can one know that unless you have an understanding of a person's views on race issues? It's obviously necessary to punish stupidity in the form of racist remarks, but do we really know if he's a racist or just another ignorant football player? An insult is in no way enough for me to know if someone is a racist, particularly if it comes in a context where other motives might explain the insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.