Lukaku could face retrospective ban for hitting Bong(FA- He doesn't)

PoTMS

What a tit though, considering we’ve got City/Arsenal coming up.

Kostur

海尔的老板
What an odd post, and who's Bongo?
:rolleyes:

Doesn’t matter though, does it? Weaker teams/players are instructed by default to mess with our players. I know Zlatan was stepped on, but still didn’t warrant an elbow kind-of-thing. We won that game and won this one, but would have been incredibly different and uncomfortable for Lukaku had he been given the red card and us drawing/losing
Yeah, of course it doesn't matter and if he's banned then it will be deservedly so, it's just a very negative vibe that I got from your post as if he's been doing this type of shit more often. There's also been a lot of talk (not from you) about us being classless for not kicking the ball out, I mean, there must've been a lot of this little nasty shit going on between the players the whole game, hence the kick out or the lack of kicking the ball out.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Yeah, of course it doesn't matter and if he's banned then it will be deservedly so, it's just a very negative vibe that I got from your post as if he's been doing this type of shit more often. There's also been a lot of talk (not from you) about us being classless for not kicking the ball out, I mean, there must've been a lot of this little nasty shit going on between the players the whole game, hence the kick out or the lack of kicking the ball out.
No offense but did you actually watch the game...?

We didn't kick the ball out because it was a crystal clean challenge and Knockaert was absolutely fine, and we were desperate to get the 2nd while momentum was with us.

Rom's kick out on Bong (no 'o' on the end) was because Rom was (and is) clearly frustrated at present on the pitch, it was petulant, needless and if he made contact, dangerous.

It's not the type of thing 'that all players do' or whatever daftness you were waffling. It was stupid.

The only saving grace being that if he did get 3 games, it might equal Martial and Rashford up top in a 2, which is arguably something we might benefit from.

Last edited:

Giggsy92

Wasn't mentioned on MOTD so he'll be alright. Stupid thing to do though.

Treble

No offense but did you actually watch the game...?

We didn't kick the ball out because it was a crystal clean challenge and Knockeart was absolutely fine, and we were desperate to get the 2nd while momentum was with us.

Rom's kick out on Bong (no 'o' on the end) was because Rom was (and is) clearly frustrated at present on the pitch, it was petulant, needless and if he made contact, dangerous.

It's not the type of thing 'that all players do' or whatever daftness you were waffling. It was stupid.

The only saving grace being that if he did get 3 games, it might equal Martial and Rashford up top in a 2, which is arguably something we might benefit from.
Same here, I'm not sure that we will be worse off with Martial and Rashford up front, especially if we play counter-attacking football as we expect to do vs Arsenal and City anyway.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Same here, I'm not sure that we will be worse off with Martial and Rashford up front, especially if we play counter-attacking football as we expect to do vs Arsenal and City anyway.
Exactly.

I just wish Mourinho would sometimes mix it up with our forward line in this way like he did so well against Chelsea last season. But if either is fit, you can pretty much guarantee that one of the 'big men' will be stuck up top for 90 mins (often joined in the box by Fellaini if we're needing a goal...).

Saying that, I don't want Rom to miss matches.

iHicksy

Deserves some action. He swings his leg out to kick the defender, misses so then tries to kick him again with his other leg. They wern't just little nudges, they were proper swings of the leg too.

MarchingOn

A banned attack just means increased chances of seeing Lingard out there. FFS :mad:

Wilt

It does look like Lukaku kicked out at Bong.

Although, luckily Bong managed to block it with his bollocks :annoyed:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Was lucky to get away with it during the game.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Didn't see it during the game.
But he clearly does it intentionally, and deserve a couple matches ban for it, unfortunately.

jem

Looked pretty intentional. Interesting that Bong didn't really react to it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Didn't notice it yesterday. Lucky the ref missed it, with the resulting goal.

Step up Zlatan.

IrishRedDevil

What a moron. We are about to step into a vital week with two tough away games and he does this. Brainless.

Trizy

Meh he's done feck all the past 3 premier league games what's the harm in missing another 3 when all of those games are big games.

Irrational.

To be honest I thought that's a retrospective red card as soon as I saw it. The potential of him missing any of Watford, Arsenal or City is daunting, but hopefully it will open up a chance for Martial or Rashford up front. Ibra isn't fit enough yet and no where near mobile to trouble any of those back lines.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Difficult to believe that Lukaku won't get a retrospective ban for that, probably 3 games?

Jaybomb

Stupid but at least we have Zlatan back if he does get banned.

I still think Lukaku is quality. People need to pipe down.

Fridge chutney

Lose Pogba, and I'm devastated for us. Lose Lukaku, and I'm alright. He's been out of form and the rest will do him good.

We have Rashford, Martial and Ibra who can work the #9. For once we have good cover.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Would be surprised if he doesn't cope a ban for that. Stupid from him. Hopefully Ibra is getting closer to proper fitness, as I could see us just making a straight swap with Ibra coming into the starting line up.

laplacian

I don't mind. Put Martial at #9 (he is a natural striker, not a winger) and Rashford at LW. I don't like the choice of having Ibra as our striker, he has no pace.

TheRedHearted

Blessing in disguise?
Yep. Lad needed a rest anyway. If you ask me it’s why the goals are drying up quite a bit.

Yep. Definitely tired. Wasn't doing as many fixtures at all compared to last year. Seems like the only way we can get players to be rested is if they get banned or injured. Would love to see Rashford and Martial up top. Young at LW, Lindelof at RB, Valencia finally pushed up forward to RW.

Kapardin

Considering his form, actually not arsed. When he is not scoring, he looks positively Rooneyesque.Perhaps this rest will do him good and he can come back in better form.

Zlatan in for the derby. Hopefully in pre-injury form. Atleast even he plays like shit, he produces a magical goal out of nowhere. That's what classy strikers do.