Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I would be happy if He's gone... if We had a replacement ready.

As it stands We lost 1 CM and uncertainity about Pogba. Can't afford to lose more players.

Irwin99

So...Inter look like they're getting more funds from a deal to sell Icardi? He's been left out of their tour squad. Wonder who will buy him considering his well documented attitude problems.

Feel pretty indifferent to Lukaku leaving. A good but not great Jose signing who has some pretty decent qualities but too many obvious faults and doesn't fit a quick pressing team. Hoping we get someone a bit more dynamic.

Last edited:

ravi2

So...Inter look like they're getting more funds from a deal to sell Icardi? He's been left out of their tour squad. Wonder who will but him considering his well documented attitude problems.

Feel pretty indifferent to Lukaku leaving. A good but not great Jose signing who has some pretty decent qualities but too many obvious faults and doesn't fit a quick pressing team. Hoping we get someone a bit more dynamic.

Icardi has to stay in Italy so maybe Juve or Napoli?

R'hllor

Inter have to sell Icardi outside Italy if they want to get Lukaku, any team in Italy will offer them similar type of offer they offered to us, which is a no go how it looks at the moment.

Irwin99

Icardi has to stay in Italy so maybe Juve or Napoli?
Linked with Juve but they have to get rid of two of their strikers or something like that is what i've read.

Inter have to sell Icardi outside Italy if they want to get Lukaku, any team in Italy will offer them similar type of offer they offered to us, which is a no go how it looks at the moment.
I was assuming they'd sell him at a somewhat reduced price to another Italian team partly fund the Lukaku deal. Maybe a payment in instalments deal with us but with a better chunk of money up front than the original offer.

I think everyone is hoping this will happen right? Inter, United, the player, the fans. Can see it being done soon if the Icardi rumours are true.

Eric's Seagull

So...Inter look like they're getting more funds from a deal to sell Icardi? He's been left out of their tour squad. Wonder who will buy him considering his well documented attitude problems.

Lets hope they find a buyer for Icardi soon mate. Who do you think we should get to replace Lukaku?

predator

Youth NITK
Ben Yedder at 30m would give us at least 15 goals a season and will not block the progress of Greenwood. It will also reduce our wages and free up ca 45m for a CB. Would be a smart transfer.
No brainer for me.
If we dont bring in a seasoned striker or even one who has been playing well at a decent level for the past few years, then I think we will struggle for goals massively next season.

JohnnyKills

No brainer for me.
If we dont bring in a seasoned striker or even one who has been playing well at a decent level for the past few years, then I think we will struggle for goals massively next season.
Yeah i like the idea too.

DoomSlayer

Is there any chance of a swap deal? I really like Brozovic, would fix a lot of our midfield issues from what I've seen.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ben Yedder at 30m would give us at least 15 goals a season and will not block the progress of Greenwood. It will also reduce our wages and free up ca 45m for a CB. Would be a smart transfer.
Have you ever seen Yedder play?

And have you seen the pic of him reporting back for pre season training?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Have you ever seen Yedder play?

And have you seen the pic of him reporting back for pre season training?
:lol: This is also what I don't understand. I swear I had never seen Haller's name mentioned on here before we were linked with him. Now all of a sudden he is better than Lukaku and a must buy.

Roboc7

I thinks it clear we need to raise some money in order get more players in, the likes of Darmian, Rojo and Sanchez are now almost unsellable or just won’t walk away from their payday. At some point it’s probably more beneficial to stop haggling and get this done so we can move on.

Irrational.

Am I in the minority thinking a swap deal with Icardi + money might not be such a bad idea? A fit and firing Icardi is better than all of our strikers. A move away from Italy might just be what he needs, and we've never had an issue with strikers with attitude before. See: Cantona, Ibrahimovic.

Saffron

Am I in the minority thinking a swap deal with Icardi + money might not be such a bad idea? A fit and firing Icardi is better than all of our strikers. A move away from Italy might just be what he needs, and we've never had an issue with strikers with attitude before. See: Cantona, Ibrahimovic.
That’s likely because SAF and Mourinho kept them in check. SAF because of who he is and Mourinho because Zlatan adores him for some reason. And even then we suffered a major setback when Cantona got banned for kung fu.

I could see Icardi walking all over Ole sadly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes, but not a lot.

Just did, oh my stars.

Who do you want to replace Lukaku?
I can't believe we're efficient enough to both sell him, and bring someone in, all in less than 30 days.
I'm slightly worried we won't even make another signing at all.

If I had to bring a player in, I'd make it a right attacker. That strikes me as the massive glaring hole.

We'd then have to hope that between Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, and dare I say it, Greenwood, that we have enough in the middle if needs be.

Trophy Room

He’s a good player and will score heaps in Italy. Just isn’t suited to Oles style. He seems like a solid bloke though. I wish him well if he leaves.

Chairman Steve

I think the fact he didn't even play today suggests he's likely to be on his way... moreso than Pogba at this point anyway.

Cathy Ferguson

I can't believe we're efficient enough to both sell him, and bring someone in, all in less than 30 days.
I'm slightly worried we won't even make another signing at all.

If I had to bring a player in, I'd make it a right attacker. That strikes me as the massive glaring hole.

We'd then have to hope that between Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, and dare I say it, Greenwood, that we have enough in the middle if needs be.
And that right attacker is who? I guess it might be Sancho in 2020.

Irrational.

That’s likely because SAF and Mourinho kept them in check. SAF because of who he is and Mourinho because Zlatan adores him for some reason. And even then we suffered a major setback when Cantona got banned for kung fu.

I could see Icardi walking all over Ole sadly.
Many people see Ole as a manager without a backbone, but I think he's more ruthless than we think. He didn't hesitate in dropping Lukaku and even Matic when they weren't playing well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And that right attacker is who? I guess it might be Sancho in 2020.
This is the difficulty isn't it. As it stands we'll probably muddle through with Mata or Lingard nominally starting there and moving central, and either hope AWB can cover peak Valencia ground, or hope James can suddenly change wing.

So much work is needed. A starting centre mid seems essential, as even if Pogba stays we'll have to start at least one of McTom, Perreira or Fred every game.
No real right winger.
Centre back looks difficult again.
Haven't shifted anyone at all, even Darmian!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Many people see Ole as a manager without a backbone, but I think he's more ruthless than we think. He didn't hesitate in dropping Lukaku and even Matic when they weren't playing well.
He will need to get even more ruthless, or he could well end up like Moyes and have a lifetime wishing he'd done things differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.