Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Why did he feel the need to defend himself regarding pace? He did the same this season talking about strength. When what is directed at him is a lack of first touch, low intensity and pretty poorly timed leaps. Trying to change the narrative but all the comments have him (presumably) backtracking.

Pace Abuser

I reckon someone internally has had a conversation with him about why he's no longer in the plans. Probably told he can't run and thinks they meant he has no pace, when it's stamina that has eluded him.

Last edited:

WPMUFC

The fact that we've somehow come to the agreement with juve to value each player at 85 million is incredible. Lukaku was either going to be a Europa/tin-pot cup player this season or a bench rider. The idea we can offload a bench player in a swap is incredible.

I have no idea what's gone on behind the scenes at Juve, but to already have an agreement with MUFC, agreed terms with lukaku and used a Sarri mouthpiece journo to tell dybala to get the feck out of the club is scarily impressive.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Fastest to Slowest (km/h)
  1. Diogo Dalot - 36.43
  2. Romelu Lukaku - 36.25
  3. Tahith Chong - 36
  4. Marcus Rashford - 35.71
  5. Daniel James - 35.53
  6. Chris Smalling - 35.28
  7. Ashley Young - 34.85
  8. Jesse Lingard - 34.38
  9. Anthony Martial - 34.24
  10. Phil Jones - 34.09
  11. Mason Greenwood - 34.02
  12. Aaron Wan-Bissaka - 33.91
  13. Victor Lindelof - 33.62
  14. Axel Tuanzebe - 33.55
  15. Angel Gomes - 33.52
  16. Paul Pogba - 33.41
  17. Eric Bailly - 33.16
  18. Andreas Pereira - 33.12
  19. Marcos Rojo - 32.9
  20. James Garner - 32.69
  21. Scott McTominay - 32.51
  22. Nemanja Matic - 32.26
  23. Juan Mata - 31.79
  24. Luke Shaw - 31.03
Shaw is slower that Mata and Matic? :lol::lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I admired him and always backed him but this is so unprofessional. Can't believe he is acting like that. Ok there are haters but what about fans? I wish him karma to fight back and to end up cleaning Ronaldo's boots in Juve.
Haven't seen any fans in this thread to be honest

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The fact that we've somehow come to the agreement with juve to value each player at 85 million is incredible. Lukaku was either going to be a Europa/tin-pot cup player this season. The idea we can offload a bench player in a swap is incredible.

I have no idea what's gone on behind the scenes at Juve, but to already have an agreement with MUFC, agreed terms with lukaku and used a Sarri mouthpiece journo to tell dybala to get the feck out of the club is scarily impressive.
Lukaku is actually a good striker/finisher and hence his valuation is rightfully fairly high. At the same time, he's a poor fit for us becuase he is technically substandard which puts him behind the likes of Rashford and Martial who have more potential. But I can see why many other clubs would be willing to pay over 60 million for him. He's a goalscorer and if you don't care about the rotten technical play then he's a good addition for your team. Thankfully for us we do care about that, and rightfully so given our history of attacking football and top strikers.

Juventus is a unique case I suppose. They want a second choice alternate to Ronaldo or a battering ram to do the scrapping next to him, and have a lot of strikers they don't want - Mandzukic, Kean, Higuain and Dybala, for one reason or another. So they feel getting an 'option' like Lukaku in a top class settled team like theirs could be a huge asset. And they could be right. In the CL, when you want an impact in an excellent team, Lukaku may be useful and could make a big difference.

Personally, I'm glad he's going. Never liked him. Just not a fan of strikers who are this poor in their all round game. We need better.

Dve

Shaw is slower that Mata and Matic? :lol::lol:
Shaw on 70 %, according to himself. I think this shows nothing. The reports from Australia were that James was far ahead of the rest, closest followed by Bissaka.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Shaw on 70 %, according to himself. I think this shows nothing. The reports from Australia were that James was far ahead of the rest, closest followed by Bissaka.
We can get Mata to play as our marauding wingback next at this rate.

Womp

idiot
Ye, don't see anyone in the team being as fast as James - at least when it comes to acceleration.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Have we ever had someone so publicly disrespect his team mates and club like Lukaku has done as they’re being sold?

UncleBob

I still can't understand why he thought it was a good idea to show the entire list. I mean, if he absolutely has to hit back at something he considers to be unfair, just show a glimpse of the top where he's listed, but starting at the bottom which results in other players getting stick is absolutely unacceptable.

Eleven-Eighteen

What a terribly poor and disrespectful move by Lukaku. Absolutely trashed his own professionalism from over the years.

I just hope Shaw’s use of the word boy isn’t as big a deal in England as it is in the US

Tony247

That leak is a good sign. it means swap is almost done. So, he doesn't care anymore.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Why are people surprised about his speed stats?
He's always been fast, just clumsy on the ball. He can run fast on the break without the ball but We all know He struggles when He has to do RvP maneuvers to control the ball.

Although to be fair, it must be really hard to be flexible with his body shape. Van Persie on the other hand, has a pair of hands that look like dolphins and they really helped him to do outrageous stuffs, very good air circulation.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
The fact that we've somehow come to the agreement with juve to value each player at 85 million is incredible. Lukaku was either going to be a Europa/tin-pot cup player this season or a bench rider. The idea we can offload a bench player in a swap is incredible.

Genuinely think Lukaku is the most under rated player going, I know it’s not a popular opinion! He went through an off form patch last season (as did most of your players) played in a poisonous environment for the first half of the season and then in a style that didn’t suit him. Can understand why ole is selling as Lukaku isn’t right for him, but to think he not excel somewhere else I think is wrong.

WPMUFC

Genuinely think Lukaku is the most under rated player going, I know it’s not a popular opinion! He went through an off form patch last season (as did most of your players) played in a poisonous environment for the first half of the season and then in a style that didn’t suit him. Can understand why ole is selling as Lukaku isn’t right for him, but to think he not excel somewhere else I think is wrong.
i'm not saying anything about his actual skills, i'm simply talking about his role in an Ole system. There was no way he was going to be a regular player. His skills are fantastic and at an elite level.

I just find the fact that we are able to swap a bench player with another genuine talent to be shocking. You just don't see it happen much.

That depends if he's joking or not, which is something we can't decided by ourselves imo as we don't have a clue, but I don't see the purpose of him insulting his teammates. Doesn't make sense. He's an idiot, but I don't think he's a dickhead.
I don’t think his aim was to insult the team, but he has done, and I’d be furious with him, he’s done it because he’s selfishly used inside date to try and promote himself. The only one person he thinks about (aside from the Colonal), and that himself.

For a grown ass man, he has a thin skin.
I would suggest his skin is an least a couple of inches think - but clearly it’s bloody porous. Just shows how mentally weak the fat lad is.

Eleven-Eighteen

I agree that he's a good finisher, and will do well at another club. United just isn't right for him anymore with Mourinho gone.

Dybala-Lukaku swap would be a win-win. Provided Dybala buys into the United project. It's clear Lukaku is desperate to move to Italy and will put in the shift required.

Water Melon

Wow, that tweet by Romelu :DHe is gone, a bitter man (with no balls or grown-ass). Good riddance.

Ace of Spades

I did not hate him even though he played as a donkey, but he is starting to really piss me off now.

SilverPaper on the Breeze

Romelu, lad, it’s not your pace that people have a problem with, it’s your woeful lack of technique that’s the issue.

The amount of times an attack is slowed whilst you take 2 or 3 touches to control the ball is what’s wrong.

SilverPaper on the Breeze

Completely disagree, I honestly think he’s absolutely awful and one of the most technically deficient players I’ve seen in 30 years watching United. As an old fashioned, on the shoulder striker, he is okay; he’s not an awful finisher. No top side is playing with a striker like that.

There was a passage of play in a match last season (I forget which) that summed it up; United won the ball back from a corner and launched a counter, the ball went up to Lukaku, who was in the centre circle with Martial to his left and Lingard to his right, both bombing on to create a 3 v 2 situation. The pass that was on was to Martial as the ball arrived at Rom's feet. A world class striker, like Ibra or RVP, could have played it first time. Most top line strikers would be able to kill it with one touch and then play it. Lukaku, you'll be shocked to hear, took a heavy touch. He then took another to control his own miscontrol, before finally playing the ball out to Martial.

It might seem incidental to the casual observer; he kept the ball and then got it out to the right player, but in truth, those seconds lost to his poor technique meant Martial had to check his run, defenders had chance to recover and the attack petered out to nothing. Elite level football has incredibly fine margins, where every split second counts and far, far too often, when Lukaku is in the team, you see moves that get slowed down by his touch. He can't reliably be involved in build up.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He wasn't trying to insult his mates, he was just jokingly trying to defend himself.
He has shown many tines in the past that criticisms hurt him.

AJ Bullet

On his day he can be devastating but too often this season he was awful, his touch and ability to run just wasnt even there, I can remember some games where he trod on the ball and just fell over it without any pressure gifting possession back to the opponents. I mean it can happen to anyone sure but it was on more than one game and he clearly doesnt feature in Ole's plans as was only used as a sub towards the second half of the season.

I will miss the gif of the horse falling over the giant ball to explain his first touch though.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Completely disagree, I honestly think he’s absolutely awful and one of the most technically deficient players I’ve seen in 30 years watching United. As an old fashioned, on the shoulder striker, he is okay; he’s not an awful finisher. No top side is playing with a striker like that.

There was a passage of play in a match last season (I forget which) that summed it up; United won the ball back from a corner and launched a counter, the ball went up to Lukaku, who was in the centre circle with Martial to his left and Lingard to his right, both bombing on to create a 3 v 2 situation. The pass that was on was to Martial as the ball arrived at Rom's feet. A world class striker, like Ibra or RVP, could have played it first time. Most top line strikers would be able to kill it with one touch and then play it. Lukaku, you'll be shocked to hear, took a heavy touch. He then took another to control his own miscontrol, before finally playing the ball out to Martial.

It might seem incidental to the casual observer; he kept the ball and then got it out to the right player, but in truth, those seconds lost to his poor technique meant Martial had to check his run, defenders had chance to recover and the attack petered out to nothing. Elite level football has incredibly fine margins, where every split second counts and far, far too often, when Lukaku is in the team, you see moves that get slowed down by his touch. He can't reliably be involved in build up.
113 goals in 252 appearances says differently - yes he doesn’t fit your style, but he’s far from absolutely awful

Status
Not open for further replies.