Luke Shaw | Road to Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

madRedDevil07

Like who? Andy Cole broke his leg.. Valencia ankle. Ramsey. Breaks are easier to recover than say a cruciate only thing is it has a major mental defect.
In Ramsey's case, it took around 2 - 2.5 seasons for him to recover completely and perform like he was doing pre-injury. West ham's Kieron Dyre never recovered completely from the broken leg injury he suffered and left west ham couple of seasons later. Cisse had also a broken leg injury and even though he came back after 7-8 months but did not perform that well. I am just saying you never know how someone's body is going to recover from such kind of 8-9 month injury lay-off. It will be in his mind whether to go hard for a tackle or not after one instance of broken leg. So it will be difficult for a defender as tackling is an important aspect of his game . If he had been a striker/ GK , it would have been much more easier for him.

worldinmotion66

In Ramsey's case, it took around 2 - 2.5 seasons for him to recover completely and perform like he was doing pre-injury. West ham's Kieron Dyre never recovered completely from the broken leg injury he suffered and left west ham couple of seasons later. Cisse had also a broken leg injury and even though he came back after 7-8 months but did not perform that well. I am just saying you never know how someone's body is going to recover from such kind of 8-9 month injury lay-off. It will be in his mind whether to go hard for a tackle or not after one instance of broken leg. So it will be difficult for a defender as tackling is an important aspect of his game . If he had been a striker/ GK , it would have been much more easier for him.
I don't think it'll have much of a mental impact at all, there just aren't many opportunities for crunching 50/50 challenges in modern football anyway. The key is fitness and match rhythm, something that I believe will take at least 6 months to get back. I am not expecting him to pick up where he left off when we kick off in August, but I hope he can prove me wrong.

Hammerfell

I don't think it'll have much of a mental impact at all, there just aren't many opportunities for crunching 50/50 challenges in modern football anyway. The key is fitness and match rhythm, something that I believe will take at least 6 months to get back. I am not expecting him to pick up where he left off when we kick off in August, but I hope he can prove me wrong.
*twitch*

StonedhamsterZA

Hopefully Shaw's youth will help him recover faster. I think the older one gets, the more critical these injuries become.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think it wwill help with Shaw that he has a full pre season to get back in shape, and will probably rotate in and out with blind at first. Just needs to watch out for the little niggling injuries.

Mitser

I'm as excited, if not more so about Shaws comeback than our new signings.
I've definitely drunk the kool aid about this kid and already see him as world class, big call I know given he's missed so much football but I honestly wouldn't swap him for any other LB.

Hopefully he's gets his confidence back and plenty of minutes early on, plus having Martial playing in front of him...now that's horny football!

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm as excited, if not more so about Shaws comeback than our new signings.
I've definitely drunk the kool aid about this kid and already see him as world class, big call I know given he's missed so much football but I honestly wouldn't swap him for any other LB.

Hopefully he's gets his confidence back and plenty of minutes early on, plus having Martial playing in front of him...now that's horny football!
With you on this one buddy he was a massive loss last season. We won't get much better than Shaw and Martial on one side of the park.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Mourinho is going to love Shaw, he's his archetype left back. That left side is going to be lethal.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm really excited to see Shaw this season. Like most I'm looking forward to seeing him play again more than the new recruits. I just hope that injury hasn't taken any of his outstanding ability away and he comes back a stronger player and person.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What stage is he in on the recovery? Will he be playing in the pre season games?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
He was so good until the injury, still feel sorry for the lad.
Hope we'll see him back to his best this year, and we'll have one of the best LB's in the world for the next 10 years.

finndt

I Must admit that having Shaw back excites me more than signing of Zlatan or any other arrival for that matter. He'll make the left flank his own again. I would imagine him linking up with Martial very well. Seriously, those two could form a amazing duo for years to come.

keener

Shaw was a major blow to our season last year. He is so deadly going forward and he tracks back hard.... and frankly was super solid in defense. Hope he's 100% soon!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Shaw was a major blow to our season last year. He is so deadly going forward and he tracks back hard.... and frankly was super solid in defense. Hope he's 100% soon!
I think stability at LB would've been worth at least a point in the league and got us into the CL. That one moment cost us and Shaw so much...

El-Manos

If he can stay fit I would be surprised if he doesn't establish himself as the best left back in the league this season.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Really hope he has a really good tour, will take a while for him to get back to a competitive level - I forget how long he has been out for. That PSV match seems like a right age away.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
*the club wasnt, luckily for us.
I'm not sure that's completely accurate, I recall Mourinho was interested and called Lukey a fantastic player but criticised his wage demands as madness for a 19 year old. He said it would have killed Chelsea to make an untried 19 year old without any trophies one of their top earners.

I doubt there's any issue between the two now, I'm sure it was Shawsy's agent that annoyed Mourinho more than the player.

keener

I personally thought he was playing at as high a level as anyone in the league last season at his position. I agree with you guys, he'll be very important. With such a devastating injury, I hope he comes back physically and mentally 100%.

I've had a break like his, where both bones in my arm were shattered and I'll say I think twice before sticking my arm in on something where I'll have significant impact, even today.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I'm not sure that's completely accurate, I recall Mourinho was interested and called Lukey a fantastic player but criticised his wage demands as madness for a 19 year old. He said it would have killed Chelsea to make an untried 19 year old without any trophies one of their top earners.

I doubt there's any issue between the two now, I'm sure it was Shawsy's agent that annoyed Mourinho more than the player.
I can't imagine a manager would care that much about wages to the point he wouldn't sign him. Surely a manager would want the best players in his squad and wages is up to the back room staff.

asp

Was almost in tears when he got the injury. So gutted for the kid, and he was starting to become my favourite player already.

Good to see he is back in training. Hopefully he wont be affected mentally or physically, and keeps bombing forward again – and linking up with Martial!

keener

By the way, I miss Evra. Watching him play for France, I love what he gives the team. Here's to hoping Shaw is our Evra for the next decade.

Shimo

Will be fantastic to have him back if there are no lingering effects from the the horrific injury. One thing I hope he's done is take a look at back at his games - while very good defensively, there is a very big weak point in that he often dozes off and lets a runner get in behind, his speed bails him out usually but, it shouldn't be happening in the first place.

Martial is going to love having him behind him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

The club wouldn't match his wage demands. Mourinho got the hump at losing out on him and went on the defensive blaming him for being greedy in taking the extra money, rather than admitting he preferred us.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
The club wouldn't match his wage demands. Mourinho got the hump at losing out on him and went on the defensive blaming him for being greedy in taking the extra money, rather than admitting he preferred us.
He wanted £110k a week and was £30m. We were never paying that for him.

Mourinho was right. Bringing him in meant paying all of our young talents ridiculous money, financially crippling us.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He wanted £110k a week and was £30m. We were never paying that for him.

Mourinho was right. Bringing him in meant paying all of our young talents ridiculous money, financially crippling us.
That's what you get for having 400 youngsters on your books.

Status
Not open for further replies.