Luke Shaw | Road to Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I have dished out my fair share of punishment on the football pitch. Took some too as you'd expect, goes with the teritory. Nobody slides with there legs open to cross them in the tackle with out actually meaning it. Had he of only slid, his momentum whould just sweep Shaw aside. Probably cause no injury.
But thats not what happened. As you can see he went in with his right leg....

as you see from these pictures he is going in one legged... Perfect, if he'd followed through in this position. Its unlikely he'd of injured Shaw.

So what in hells name made him close his open legs so that he is kicking the back if Shaws right leg. He is now efectively trapped Shaws leg and with Shaws weight and momentum going forward the side impact only leaves one out come. All avoidable if Moreno had only stuck to a one legged tackle.

Not a bad tackle???? Based on what he kept his studs down? Get real, that there my friend is a two legged chalenge and its intentional.
Watch it in real time again. Static photos make it look a lot worse because you can stop the exact moment and kid yourself that Moreno had all of this time to plan it all; where his legs are going within the millimetre. It happened in the blink of an eye. It was a mistimed tackle that had the worst possible outcome.

That same tackle happens all over the pitch in every league every week.

A very specific set of circumstances have to come together to result in a leg break like that, which is why they're so rare.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

Artimities

That was a careless and bad tackle. From what I understand it's not the players first tackle like that where he has legit hurt somebody.

I really thought he was turning a corner and at times looked like our best player. I feel confident that he will have a good year, and I wish him the best!

anothermix

really hope he would be able to do well for us again. anyone knows if he has started or played in any reserve games yet?

Jep

Somewhere between Manchester and the shithole
That was a careless and bad tackle. From what I understand it's not the players first tackle like that where he has legit hurt somebody.

I really thought he was turning a corner and at times looked like our best player. I feel confident that he will have a good year, and I wish him the best!
Yeah the following week he went in with studs on someones knee in dutch league. That said, the tackle on Shaw was bad but was more unlucky, normally the player being tackled would have just been upended with the impact.

Yeah hoping he can come back from the injury to how he was before it happened, if he can we will have a very good LB for many years.

togg

I just hope this hasn't affected him psychologically. Defenders need to go into tackles etc, have to be very physical and you need to take risks. I'm hoping that 'fear factor' of another injury doesn't affect his natural tenaciousness.

mu77

Yes
Yes
Yes

Leg breaks historically have an adverse effect on the whole team ( Eduardo for Arsenal best example I can think of ) . Couple that with the fact that he was coming into his own and it's not a stretch to say things would have been differently . He offered us so much going forward and in defence , and we just did not get that after his injury

we went on a run after his injury , lost to arse and were top of the tree in sept , near top in oct. it was LVG and the lack of goals and no LB makes up that much. so we'll disagree. I think the side lacked structure and leadership and we finished where we would have with or without a 19 yr old LB.

murphs_law

Watch it in real time again. Static photos make it look a lot worse because you can stop the exact moment and kid yourself that Moreno had all of this time to plan it all; where his legs are going within the millimetre. It happened in the blink of an eye. It was a mistimed tackle that had the worst possible outcome.

That same tackle happens all over the pitch in every league every week.

A very specific set of circumstances have to come together to result in a leg break like that, which is why they're so rare.
I have watched it.... You can not see the actual tackle in real time, you see the exact incident in the photos. There is on getting away from the fact its the second leg that did the damage. ITS NOT ALLOWED!!!! You must tackle with only one leg. Futhermore, he knew exactly what he was doing. That leg crossing is highly dangerous because its a double movement. First sent one way then another.

Like i said if he(Moreno) had only slid, Shaw would have been swept with the momentum of the what would of been(and initally was) a great tackle. And highly unlikely any injury would of happened.

You hold your opinion, im sure it will be debated over and over. But no amout of replies will convince me that that the challenge was intentional. Albeit the actual extent of the injury was not.

RedElf

I'm very worried he will never realise his potential after this injury:(
I think he'll be fine once he gets past his first crunching tackle. Until he receives one it'll be in the back of his mind and the injury may make him a little tentative to start with, but over time he'll gain confidence.

welshmanc75

I think he'll be fine once he gets past his first crunching tackle. Until he receives one it'll be in the back of his mind and the injury may make him a little tentative to start with, but over time he'll gain confidence.
That'll be in his first full training session with Phil Jones then

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
So because Mourinho didn't feel an 18 year old was worth £130k a week, they have previous. Shaw has confirmed he doesn't even earn that much.
Luckhurst is a shite journalist.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
'might face uncertainty'

That is such a sad indictment of the utter trash we call journalism today.

In other news, it's possible that we may be unclear on the outcome of rising of the sun tomorrow.

ti vu

You should have copied and pasted the article so we didn't have to click that abomination.
Agree. Don't feed the troll (pay per click so he can make money through writing crap). Why we still need to read? For a laugh during this boring off season period (can't wait for the season to restart this year :drool:)

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Luckhurst seems to be so deluded that had he been writing weather/ science based articles, he would deny climate change because Earth's relationship with Sun isn't bad

Hammerfell

Is he the same one who said that we're going to loan out Shaw? Journalists are mental.

PieCrust

Weird to think he's about to start his 3rd season with us. Feels like we have barely seen him yet.
And he'll still only be 21 this coming season. Really hoping he comes good this year and doesn't get injured. He still only has 21 first team appearances for United; still has a lot to prove. Just seems like he's a veteran now at some level, but still just a young man.

Dobbs

Weird to think he's about to start his 3rd season with us. Feels like we have barely seen him yet.
That's probably because we haven't.

It's weird to see so many players now training right through the summer. The days of players coming back 10lbs heavier have definitely gone

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
That's probably because we haven't.

It's weird to see so many players now training right through the summer. The days of players coming back 10lbs heavier have definitely gone
Rooney accepts your challenge.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Why didn't he park closer to the exit given no one is there? So keen he wants to walk further for fitness!! What a lad.

JackRed

He really does have the worst fashion sense... what do you even call that... ocean camouflage? :lol::confused:

Sparky Rhiwabon

The test will be the first time he has to go flying into a crunching 50/50 tackle - will he be able to do it without fear?

kenny19

Would have had a much better season with this guy bombing down the left. What's past is done and unto the Future. I just pray to God he doesn't have any major Injuries this season.

Artimities

I love the way this kid plays. I am confident that not only will he be back to where he was... but possibly stronger and more hungry!

madRedDevil07

We have seen most players don't come back like they were prior to it, from such an injury. It's going to be extremely difficult for the lad but hopefully he can come back stronger and fitter.

Mainoldo

We have seen most players don't come back like they were prior to it, from such an injury. It's going to be extremely difficult for the lad but hopefully he can come back stronger and fitter.
Like who? Andy Cole broke his leg.. Valencia ankle. Ramsey. Breaks are easier to recover than say a cruciate only thing is it has a major mental defect.

Status
Not open for further replies.