Luton Town in the Premier League? Probably not

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Luton are welcome to play in the Premier League as much as they want,

Their town is also the stuff depressions are made of
Precisely. It’ll be nice to have a different team come up for once but you’ll be hard pressed to find anyone who wants to go to Luton.

Strootman's Finger

So, people don't like the Super League because it is elitist and would kill the opportunity for small clubs to fight their way to the top.

A Club then goes from relegated to the Conference League to a potential PL spot in 14 years - with five years of which were spent in non-league football to boot - and now it is 'their ground/town is a sh*thole' and they're essentially a tinpot club.

CAF logic at it's finest.
Or, there are several thousand different posters on here and not all of them think the same.

MegadrivePerson

It would be some story if Luton make it. Just nine years ago they were non league.

In Premier League era they must be the first club to potentially go all the way up the divisions?

I know Brighton and Bournemouth went up from League two but I think i'm right in saying that no club has ever gone all the way from non league to Premier League?

Oranges038

Will be an amazing story if Luton get to the PL.

If they get Coventry in the final, I hope they win and get promoted.

If it's Boro, I want Boro and Carrick to win.

Hal9000

It would be some story if Luton make it. Just nine years ago they were non league.

In Premier League era they must be the first club to potentially go all the way up the divisions?

I know Brighton and Bournemouth went up from League two but I think i'm right in saying that no club has ever gone all the way from non league to Premier League?
I used to live quite close to Luton and used to go to games with a friend.Honestly i hope they go up.

They were original a top flight club and were relegated the season before the PL came into existance, then due to crap owners and crooks they floated around the divisions till they had to go into administration and were given another 30 points deduction due to the old owners being dodgy, which sank them down to non league. So yeah they deserve to get back up imho.

Plus Kenilworth is a great old school ground, your practically on top of the pitch and it's practically made of tin so it's loud. They were originally meant to be in there new stadium by now, but covid etc stopped it before it's started.

Coventry are in the same position, completly mismanaged and even managed to get themselves evicted from their own stadium, plus i also saw my first ever United game there years back on a trip with my of all things.. So be good to see one of those two come up.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ahh man never did I think there's a realistic chance to get to PL in my lifetime. Desperately gonna try get tickets to the final. Hoping to face Coventry as I quite like them too.

Loon

:lol:

Can you count Wimbledon?

Zlatattack

I'd much prefer a team i haven't seen before in the premier league, rather than West Brom again. Mix it up.

Stacks

I've only ever travelled to the south of England twice, once to Bristol and once to London. Family used to live near Weston Super Mare but I was very young and I don't remember it much. But even with that lack of knowledge I know that Millwall cannot be described as anything other than an absolute shithole populated by total cnuts.
Pardon?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
luton is that bad that the people there built an international airport to escape it, even though gatwick, heathrow and stanstead aren’t that far away.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If they come up, I reckon they'll be in contest for the worst points total the PL has ever seen.

They're awful.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Hmmm. Millwall off the old kent road near Ilderton road. Its actually a mixed bag of folk. Gary Oldman is from around there and supports Millwall. You calling him a cnut?
Dammit don't make me call Jean Baptiste from The Fifth Element a cnut, that's not fair.

saivet

Ahh man never did I think there's a realistic chance to get to PL in my lifetime. Desperately gonna try get tickets to the final. Hoping to face Coventry as I quite like them too.
Just read that last season Forest were allocated 36k tickets last season. That in itself is more than three time the capacity of Kenilworth road, so if you've got a membership or previous booking history you should be able to get tickets for Wembley. Tickets went on general sale for last night for those who had been to 5 home matches this season and there were still some (not many, I tried and failed in my attempts) available on Monday for fans who had a previous booking history. Ticket details should be available at the end of this week at the very latest so just keep tabs.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Kenilworth Rd is a great old school football ground !!!
It has a fantastic atmosphere that new stadiums cannot reproduce.

Spark

I would have thought their stadium wouldn't be Premier League compliant... But will be cool to lose 1-0 away there

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just read that last season Forest were allocated 36k tickets last season. That in itself is more than three time the capacity of Kenilworth road, so if you've got a membership or previous booking history you should be able to get tickets for Wembley. Tickets went on general sale for last night for those who had been to 5 home matches this season and there were still some (not many, I tried and failed in my attempts) available on Monday for fans who had a previous booking history. Ticket details should be available at the end of this week at the very latest so just keep tabs.
Thank you. Yeah I'm all over that page on the website haha
I would have thought their stadium wouldn't be Premier League compliant... But will be cool to lose 1-0 away there
We need to invest £10m on it to make it PL compliant.

Hal9000

It's not, they already admitted they have a lot of work to do to get the required media facilities, camera positions etc. Think they are already planning to completly build one stand for it to be PL complaint.

Huddsred

Kenilworth Road has an old school charm about it, whereas Coventry's ground is quite drab and clinical. I hope Luton go up for that reason.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

Spurs were non-league when they last won a trophy , the FA Cup in 1901.

Ted Lasso

Show the players video of their fan punching Amad before each of our matches against them. Then go out and smash them.

Great story for Luton otherwise

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Hope they're allowed to play in their stadium - iconic place
Is there a reason they've spent so long there? It's a very small ground for what's historically not a very small team. I think there's 3 teams in the PL right now that have less top-flight experience than Luton but I don't remember any teams with a ground like that.

Licha M

Shit club. Shit football. Fans are cnuts.

Should be forced to play their home matches away at their oppositions ground as a consequence for having such a decrepit, rancid grief hole of a stadium to begin with.

Giggsyking

It will be a shitty experience for every visiting team. Fecking hell, dont let them play at that shithole of a stadium.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Shit club. Shit football. Fans are cnuts.

Should be forced to play their home matches away at their oppositions ground as a consequence for having such a decrepit, rancid grief hole of a stadium to begin with.
I have no strong views on Luton but these are the types of posts we don't get enough of. Smaller teams deserve hate too and the fact we tend to be all 'oh what plucky underdogs, how charming' about every team below the top six is frankly disrespectful to them.