LV Monopoly draft - QF3: Enigma vs DavidG

With players at peaks, who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 101472

I'm not questioning their attitude, but their ability to do the job here. You seem to be evading the question for a third time so no point in asking it over and over again.

That and the one whether playing a 4-6-0 is well suited to your gameplan.

We're going in circles and getting already late in my place so I'll let the voters decide and be back tomorrow. Good night and good luck.
I don't think I've evaded it at all , more answered it in a manner that doesn't quite satisfy you. You're expecting me to say " Vidic and de Rossi might aswell just not bother playing the opposition is too good"
Well you're dealing with passionate , capable players who have a champions league and World Cup between them. They are no pushovers for anyone.

And I did ask you about Julio Cesar but you appear to have missed it

Enigma_87

You know who
I don't think I've evaded it at all , more answered it in a manner that doesn't quite satisfy you. You're expecting me to say " Vidic and de Rossi might aswell just not bother playing the opposition is too good"
Well you're dealing with passionate , capable players who have a champions league and World Cup between them. They are no pushovers for anyone.

And I did ask you about Julio Cesar but you appear to have missed it
You are obviously overrating them, then. I've already answered your posts in regards to Julio Cesar about 3-4 times, it's fruitless.

Deleted member 101472

You are obviously overrating them, then. I've already answered your posts in regards to Julio Cesar about 3-4 times, it's fruitless.
I asked you if Julio Cesar belongs on the pitch any more than De Rossi does.

he doesn't

Enigma_87

You know who
I asked you if Julio Cesar belongs on the pitch any more than De Rossi does.

he doesn't
As I said it's futile. In the current set up its more likely De Rossi to get exposed rather than my keeper. I've already replied in regards to his credentials about half dozen of times.

Especially when you have no one to cross in the box as per your formation pics which is your main strategy in this game.

Your whole game plan was advantage on the flanks and cross it in the box. Since that didn't caught fire with the obvious issue that you don't have a center forward to meet those crosses and Pele/Gullit not exactly the best fit for each other and especially Pele not in his best game you keep banging on the keeper for in every second post on every page.

And I'm off for the night before we bore our voters to death and will address all other things tomorrow.

Deleted member 101472

As I said it's futile. In the current set up its more likely De Rossi to get exposed rather than my keeper. I've already replied in regards to his credentials about half dozen of times.

Especially when you have no one to cross in the box as per your formation pics which is your main strategy in this game.

Your whole game plan was advantage on the flanks and cross it in the box. Since that didn't caught fire with the obvious issue that you don't have a center forward to meet those crosses and Pele/Gullit not exactly the best fit for each other and especially Pele not in his best game you keep banging on the keeper for in every second post on every page.

And I'm off for the night before we bore our voters to death and will address all other things tomorrow.
Yep the people will decide, for my money this is the most important vote taking place in the world tonight.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's actually doing my head in TBH. Find it hard to compare and contrast given how used I am to just transpose the vertical setups.
Yeah I agree. I actually liked one of the earlier drafts where you were assigned a 'direction' for your teamsheet and one was posted on top of the other so you could see easily who was attacking/defending against who.

Deleted member 101472

Yeah I agree. I actually liked one of the earlier drafts where you were assigned a 'direction' for your teamsheet and one was posted on top of the other so you could see easily who was attacking/defending against who.
I liked this because it's like the ones they used on sky sports, it had the options for all the lines/ circles etc.

Jayvin

I liked this because it's like the ones they used on sky sports, it had the options for all the lines/ circles etc.
Oh don't get me wrong I think it looks great, just slightly annoying with the different orientations of the teamsheets.

Will read the rest of the thread before I vote

Deleted member 101472

Oh don't get me wrong I think it looks great, just slightly annoying with the different orientations of the teamsheets.

Will read the rest of the thread before I vote
I don't envy you at all, the thread is 95% enigma and I disagreeing and backing our players

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Aye I was expecting more involvement but it's basically just been you and I ( of course wer going to back up ourselves ) so didn't see the point in not knowing.

Election fever I guess
You two are both putting in so much effort, its like a 10 round championship boxing match. I don't want to take a stray punch to the face ;)

Enigma_87

You know who
You two are both putting in so much effort, its like a 10 round championship boxing match. I don't want to take a stray punch to the face ;)
I just don't know, Davidg is making it a it more personal for my likening and it was really odd that he acted surprised that I have voted for myself while I told him right in the beginning of the game. Then trying to get some symphaty votes in the same time and it seems to have worked as from 6 vote lead it's practically tied now.

And now this of me being insulting :confused: everyone who followed the discussion should know what it was about. Have to say I'm bit suprised from David here. IMO I haven't been disrespectful in any way but if I have then he'll have my excuse and it wasn't in no shape or form intended.

Deleted member 101472

Wow, just seen this. How have I offended you mate ?
I wasn't being serious, bloody hell.

I can't tell you how uninterested I am in receiving " sympathy votes" though and your suggestion that I have is hardly in line with the spirit of the draft.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I voted for DavidG on the likely decisive impact of those transitions down the flanks. Engima has an absolute juggernaut of an attack with an immense collective dribbling ability. But where I leaned towards DavidG was on the moments of transition and either full-back picking up the ball. I'm not quite sure how those flanks are defended - Ronaldinho won't track back, Eusebio is a tough sell tracking back into midfield. I get the energy of Souness and Xavi but don't think either will be suited to stopping Carlos or Cafu in full flight. And that sort of gameplan maximises what you get out of Bale despite him being probably the weakest attacking player on the park. The front duo are well suited to meeting that kind of service. There may not be a conventional no9 in the team, but Pele and Gullit are that well rounded and multi-faceted it's not an issue for me. There's nothing missing in that attack that DavidG's gameplan needs IMO. While the likes of Pele and Eusebio are used to playing with or just behind another striker, that was as much about the need for them to play slightly deeper to have a greater influence on the game in a more conventional and less star-laden club or national team setting. In the modern game I'd imagine they could well be the focal point of their attack - see how Cal used Pele as a false 9 with Messi and Ronaldo flanking in another draft. And Eusebio is the closest thing to Ronaldo from the olden days. For me the use of both Pele and Eusebio here is fine, their qualities match what both managers want them to do on the ball.

It would be a close game though, probably a 3-2 or thereabouts, and a win for DavidG would hinge on Seedorf and De Rossi playing a very functional and disciplined role, and ultimately Baresi producing a masterclass.

Jayvin

I'd agree with Gio that Seedorf and De Rossi have important roles here, but I think they are well suited to what's asked of them (both technically excellent, hard working midfield players) and that frees up Cafu and Roberto Carlos well.

Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Euesbio is a ridiculous front three though and I'm pretty sure one of those three will break through and score against DavidG's defence. Tough decision.

Jayvin

Went for Enigma in the end, felt like his defence was better suited to dealing with the attack of the opposition.

Deleted member 101472

I'd agree with Gio that Seedorf and De Rossi have important roles here, but I think they are well suited to what's asked of them (both technically excellent, hard working midfield players) and that frees up Cafu and Roberto Carlos well.

Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Euesbio is a ridiculous front three though and I'm pretty sure one of those three will break through and score against DavidG's defence. Tough decision.
Keep in mind if they do get through the defence they have sepp maier in goals. Contrast that with Julio Cesar at the other end and it's a clear advantage for me.

In such a close game , set pieces can be the key to grabbing a winner. Enigma does have a midfield that has players defending a bit wider than they would like ( one of whom is souness and would likely accumulate a lot of fouls) and a DM trying to contain Gullit at times. Peles dribbling can cause havoc too. I have beckhams delivery into the box/ direct free kick shooting to rely on, which is pretty much the best available option to have at your disposal. My team will get on the end of a header from a Beckham free kick, or DB will bend one Into the top corner ala Greece.

Enigma_87

You know who
Went for Enigma in the end, felt like his defence was better suited to dealing with the attack of the opposition.
Yes, I think that is essentially the difference here. Both De Rossi and Vidic are ill equipped to deal with the danger which essentially would give us the victory. Odd that it looks you went for davidG in the score tho mate

nah all good must be refreshing issues :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 101472

@Jayvin what you playing at here? You voted for enigma, then changed it to me, then changed back.

Enigma_87

You know who
He might have been on the fence but made the right decision in the end :)

Jayvin

Nah I've gone back to the fence. Maybe just bar my vote since I've flip flopped, this one is really tough.

Deleted member 101472

Nah I've gone back to the fence. Maybe just bar my vote since I've flip flopped, this one is really tough.
Vote to make it a draw if you're on the fence, which is what changing to me did

A draw isn't too hard to imagine between these teams to be fair

Enigma_87

You know who

A draw isn't too hard to imagine between these teams to be fair
Voting for a draw in the current format is like voting for you or negating a vote for me which is exactly the same. It's not voting for a draw per say :rolleyes:

Deleted member 101472

One of the clearest things for me to see in this game is that both Carlos and Cafu will be free to play the kind of game they really want. No left or right wingers pressuring them, and they are free to pick and choose when to advance further forward.

Enigma_87

You know who
Well for me always it's the initial judgement that should count. If you have doubts it starts to mess up your mind and bring arguments that aren't even there. :) My front three against De Rossi and Vidic is the clear route to goal, with the right players to finish it off. While on the other hand DavidG's best player is not suited for that crossing game and our defensive line will almost every time assume better positions than the opponent coming from deep, which most likely will mean that we are better suited to score more than opposition as you mentioned the first time.

Deleted member 101472

Voting for a draw in the current format is like voting for you or negating a vote for me which is exactly the same. It's not voting for a draw per say :rolleyes:
You know what I mean, as it stands if he changes to me if makes it dead even. offera him a little bit of closure for his current predicament :)

Deleted member 101472

Well for me always it's the initial judgement that should count. If you have doubts it starts to mess up your mind and bring arguments that aren't even there. :) My front three against De Rossi and Vidic is the clear route to goal, with the right players to finish it off. While on the other hand DavidG's best player is not suited for that crossing game and our defensive line will almost every time assume better positions than the opponent coming from deep, which most likely will mean that we are better suited to score more than opposition as you mentioned the first time.
Baresi just forgotten about again.

Your defensive set up doesn't matter when the delivery is so good , you could have 4 centre halves in there, Beckham finds my attackers run more often than not.

Enigma_87

You know who
Baresi just forgotten about again.

Your defensive set up doesn't matter when the delivery is so good , you could have 4 centre halves in there, Beckham finds my attackers run more often than not.
He's not forgotten, I'm just pointing out you have not one but 2 weak links defending against those forwards and Baresi can't deal with all three of them.
You know what I mean, as it stands if he changes to me if makes it dead even. offera him a little bit of closure for his current predicament :)
Which is again against the spirit of the draft(voting for a draw), but you seem to have no problems with that - after revealing the score at the first place ;)

Last edited:

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
This thread is a proper war of attrition. Great to read through, probably a bastard of a match to be involved in :lol:. So tough to make a decision. David will clearly have loads of joy building attacks down both wings, but then Enigma has put together one of the best attacks I've seen in a draft. I'd basically decided to vote for Enigma on the strength of that and not rating De Rossi in this company, but then the disparity in quality between the keepers evens things up again.

Enigma_87

You know who
This thread is a proper war of attrition. Great to read through, probably a bastard of a match to be involved in :lol:. So tough to make a decision. David will clearly have loads of joy building attacks down both wings, but then Enigma has put together one of the best attacks I've seen in a draft. I'd basically decided to vote for Enigma on the strength of that and not rating De Rossi in this company, but then the disparity in quality between the keepers evens things up again.
Hate to repeat myself and basically it's what we have done since page 2 :lol: but IMO it's not only De Rossi but also Vidic that could be exposed here which should tilt it in our favour :angel: Not that I don't rate Vidic mind - I don't want that to sound like in this thread as it has been proper mental at times. I just find either of those three in attack to be his nemesis based on each player style. And while Julio Cesar is inferior to Maier, I do believe that the overall defensive set up and his qualities match well with the defence not to get exposed and to be solid enough to leak less goals than the opposition.

Deleted member 101472

Aye, good old fashioned draft slugfest.
Good old fashioned slugfest with Jayvin acting as my corner man and squeezing lemon juice over my eyes Instead of water.

Deleted member 101472

@antohan

Your first comment in the thread was somewhat favourable for me (thought not my formation graphic)

Can you change your vote to me please? Balances out jayvins indecision

Hehe

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It shouldn't be an option. He'll be voting for the losing team (I guess it's you atm, don't know), negating one genuine vote for the winning one.