LV Monopoly draft - SF1: Tuppet vs Skizzanah Nomustard

With players at peaks, who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I ended up voting Skizzannah but ultimately it felt a bit unfair to Tuppet. I think maybe in the future it would be good keep separate two types of randomization. If the draft itself is randomized then don't have random events in matches. But if the draft is like the Americas draft, then random match events are okay. I just feel like the double randomization can hurt some players arbitrarily. Tuppet lacked depth but that was more due to randomness than any mistake.
Aye, rather harsh on tuppet but kudos to him for a commendable effort in building a team around Cruyff. Really liked his first round side, with the exception of Pirlo and Samuel (Ronaldo to an extent). Building a team around Cruyff is never easy, and it was an excellent side for a first round team. Shame he had Cruyff taken away though.
What screwed Tuppet wasn't injuries or the red, what screwed him was getting a Relax and only Shesternyov, while others got access to Pelé, Maldini, Baresi, Romario...

It was anticipating that the luck of the draw was going to have too massive an impact that these events were looked at as ways to create some interference which helps you out in two cases: 1) you may not have the biggest names, but have a strong squad, 2) you may have some players being less appreciated for their lack of legendary blood and thunder.

It isn't completely arbitrary as your ability to cope is your own doing (depth and disciplinary record). It was rather unfortunate that Tuppet's squad wasn't very good either (seems he never had luck with his rolls) and that in Patrick Vieira he had a player with one red card less than the entire rival XI (but then, that's part of the package with Patrick Vieira).

In any case, it's clear where the game was heading without any of this stuff. There's a reason Skizzannah could afford to have Didí on their bench.

Enigma_87

You know who
I ended up voting Skizzannah but ultimately it felt a bit unfair to Tuppet. I think maybe in the future it would be good keep separate two types of randomization. If the draft itself is randomized then don't have random events in matches. But if the draft is like the Americas draft, then random match events are okay. I just feel like the double randomization can hurt some players arbitrarily. Tuppet lacked depth but that was more due to randomness than any mistake.
Agreed.

It was a great effort @Tuppet I really liked your team a lot and you are due a win maybe in the next one.

Well done Skizzo/Annah you have some great players in it. Maybe the first time Beckenbauer, Pele and Maradona all making appearance together.

Enigma_87

You know who
What screwed Tuppet wasn't injuries or the red, what screwed him was getting a Relax and only Shesternyov, while others got access to Pelé, Maldini, Baresi, Romario...

It was anticipating that the luck of the draw was going to have too massive an impact that these events were looked at as ways to create some interference which helps you out in two cases: 1) you may not have the biggest names, but have a strong squad, 2) you may have some players being less appreciated for their lack of legendary blood and thunder.

It isn't completely arbitrary as your ability to cope is your own doing (depth and disciplinary record). It was rather unfortunate that Tuppet's squad wasn't very good either (seems he never had luck with his rolls) and that in Patrick Vieira he had a player with one red card less than the entire rival XI (but then, that's part of the package with Patrick Vieira).

In any case, it's clear where the game was heading without any of this stuff. There's a reason Skizzannah could afford to have Didí on their bench.

Aye, Tuppet got a bit unlucky with the reinforcement rounds and having to stress on certain positions and prioritize them over other resulted in that shorter squad, but either way a lot of star quality was taken away as well.

I liked that midfield and attack to be honest from the first round it was well matched.

Annahnomoss

Congratulations @Skizzo @Annahnomoss That is some team you guys have built. Would be entertaining to see what additions you guys make in last reinforcement round.
Cheers mate! Sorry you were busy and didn't have the time, great team. It would have been one hell of a match if it wasn't for the red card I believe, it was even up until that point.

antohan

Agreed.

It was a great effort @Tuppet I really liked your team a lot and you are due a win maybe in the next one.

Well done Skizzo/Annah you have some great players in it. Maybe the first time Beckenbauer, Pele and Maradona all making appearance together.
Nope. Although I had Beckenbauer in midfield. Always loved that vintage.

Moby

Dick
The more I think on it, the more I think that it's easily explainable, actually - with the less players on the pitch, the more emphasis is on individual quality and less on tactics and the boring stuff.

There is a reason why 5-a-side are so popular in the fantasy world, you can pick Beckenbauer, Di Stefano, Messi, Maradona and Pele and they will dovetail nicely (well, you should probably pick Yashin instead of one of them but who cares, really)
Beckenbauer? 5-a-side is about flair, magic, skills, crazy tricks and joga bonito!

Keeper - Ronaldinho - Cristiano - Neymar - Messi! All of them having grown up playing futsal and will be magic.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Beckenbauer? 5-a-side is about flair, magic, skills, crazy tricks and joga bonito!

Keeper - Ronaldinho - Cristiano - Neymar - Messi! All of them having grown up playing futsal and will be magic.
Goalie - Falcão - Manuel Tobias - Kike - Ricardinho ;)

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Each team has its pros & cons.

Blanc-Pirlo-Shesh. is not the ideal defensive unit to cope with Maradona & Pelé IMO

Of course, Laurent Blanc was a world-clas sweeper but used to lack pace & speed of action.

On the other hand, CR7 & Hamrin are in a position to shine here.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

Neuerinho - Ronaldinho - Rivelino - Socrates - Zico

Messi isn't a showboating type and neither is Ronaldo this days. My Brazilian 5 will be amazing, backheels, elasticos etc etc

Enigma_87

You know who
Neuerinho - Ronaldinho - Rivelino - Socrates - Zico

Messi isn't a showboating type and neither is Ronaldo this days. My Brazilian 5 will be amazing, backheels, elasticos etc etc
Neuerinho - Ronaldinho - Figo- Best- Ronaldo

now that is something :drool:

antohan

Neuerinho - Ronaldinho - Figo- Best- Ronaldo

now that is something :drool:
Romario has to be in it. Goofy and Romario are shoe ins. Think about the time on the ball and space to run into. This is 6p football.

Someone has to do a bit of defending, and, while I think Figo is a good fit, you just can't pass on the most frustrating showboater ever.

Neuerinho
Roberto Carlos
Denilson
Ronaldinho
Romario

Moby

Dick
Romario has to be in it. Goofy and Romario are shoe ins. Think about the time on the ball and space to run into. This is 6p football.

Someone has to do a bit of defending, and, while I think Figo is a good fit, you just can't pass on the most frustrating showboater ever.

Neuerinho
Roberto Carlos
Denilson
Ronaldinho
Romario
Literally cannot stress how insane anyone not picking Cristiano in a 5-a-side is. Like honestly. The man is born for that.

antohan

Literally cannot stress how insane anyone not picking Cristiano in a 5-a-side is. Like honestly. The man is born for that.

Yeah, him instead of Denilson would make a better more effective team. I guess Denilson is just useless except at showing off.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Yeah, him instead of Denilson would make a better more effective team. I guess Denilson is just useless except at showing off.
But what a showoff. Remember when the Turkish team sent I think seven players after him in World Cup '98.

Enigma_87

You know who

Neuerinho
Roberto Carlos
Denilson
Ronaldinho
Romario
Nah I'll always take Ronaldo over Romario. It's like he's the new better version in every aspect including in tight spaces. Figo was there to add a bit of balance but I agree I'll put Figueroa there instead of him whilst keeping the flair.

Neuer
Figueroa
Best
Dinho
Ronaldo

I can counter that with
Schmikes
Baresi
Di Stefano/Cruyff
Maradona
Pele

In 5 a side Di Stefano/Cruyff, Maradona and Pele I can see working.

Would be some game that.

antohan

But what a showoff. Remember when the Turkish team sent I think seven players after him in World Cup '98.
2002 semi. It was an intelligent move though, masterfully executed. Denilson just dribbled aimlessly, so long as he was dribbling and it was fun he was cool, so they kept coming at him from behind and instead of just running goalwards he ended up dribbling his way back to Brazil's box. It was fecking insane, such a pointless brainless player :lol:

I was living in Brazil and the funny thing was all the Brazilians were lapping it up "Olha o Denilson!", "Nossa!", "Isso é futebol!" and all I could think was "You are only winning 1-0 and running the wrong way you massive bellend!".

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
2002 semi. It was an intelligent move though, masterfully executed. Denilson just dribbled aimlessly, so long as he was dribbling and it was fun he was cool, so they kept coming at him from behind and instead of just running goalwards he ended up dribbling his way back to Brazil's box. It was fecking insane, such a pointless brainless player :lol:

I was living in Brazil and the funny thing was all the Brazilians were lapping it up "Olha o Denilson!", "Nossa!", "Isso é futebol!" and all I could think was "You are only winning 1-0 and running the wrong way you massive bellend!".
:lol:

Just imagine if he actually had a decent (not good, just decent) footballing brain he could have been a seriously great player.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
:lol:

Just imagine if he actually had a decent (not good, just decent) footballing brain he could have been a seriously great player.
Even a basic sense of direction would've made some player out of him

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Even a basic sense of direction would've made some player out of him
It's so dispiriting thinking about this because he was one of the most insanely talented players I've ever seen. :( Why couldn't he have a brain?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
It's so dispiriting thinking about this because he was one of the most insanely talented players I've ever seen. :( Why couldn't he have a brain?
I thought Betis were ready to rule, if not the world, at least the flanks, when they had Denilson and the rapidly emerging Joaquin on either side of the pitch.

antohan

Possibly the greatest flair dribbler ever.

I was lucky to catch him at Flamengo during that loan from Betis. That was his level really, the Brazilian championship, where he would be afforded the time and openings to take the piss. In Europe the more disciplined teams and defenders just shepherded him down blind alleys and that was that.

Scolari just took him to the World Cup to feck about and waste time when games were already won.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
I thought Betis were ready to rule, if not the world, at least the flanks, when they had Denilson and the rapidly emerging Joaquin on either side of the pitch.
Youre not the only one, i remember telling a friend to look out for Betis, theyll have the best player in world in few years, how naive i was haha

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Jorge Campos
Magico Gonzalez
Rene Houseman
JM Moreno
Recoba

antohan

Recoba? I suppose it helps the pitch is smaller, but you still need to be half-arsed all the time.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
I was thinking more a competitive but fun tournament like the Nike Cage ads but for real or something rather than a full season of futsal.