LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Our club is fecking atrocious, I`m furious and absolutely baffled at the same time, with all the losses, draws, and us being such a huge club, why the feck is he not sacked
It is a maddening stat isn't it. Like we didn't know it already from the godawful football happening infront of us, but when you see numbers like that, it's hard to fathom how action hasn't been taken. From the resources ploughed into the club in the last 2 years, and the freedom LvG has had to completely reshape the squad to make it his own - Inexcusable.

roykeane19

This is a special kind of hell.

We won't hire a new manager until end of season.

We won't fire LVG until end of season.

We have to suffer humiliation until end of season.

Basically, ZERO progress until end of season.

What a pathetic situation to be in.
Even more important, through the Europa league we have a chance to get back into the CL, and yet we still persist with him, to knock us out of every competition, bring in anew manager, to rejuvenate them, and we might have a good chance of winning the EL, on paper we probably have one of the best squads in the competition

roykeane19

It is a maddening stat isn't it. Like we didn't know it already from the godawful football happening infront of us, but when you see numbers like that, it's hard to fathom how action hasn't been taken. From the resources ploughed into the club in the last 2 years, and the freedom LvG has had to completely reshape the squad to make it his own - Inexcusable.
I know, as supporters we have no power, but I cant put in words the expletives that come to my mind when I think of whoevers in charge of firing cocaine nose, relegation team sack managers for exact same results, and we are nothing like relegation teams, in terms of stature, it just makes no sense at all

Shark

@NotShark
It really does feel as if the board are sitting on their arse playing video games throughout all of this. I just don't know how they can see the club muster 5 wins in 6 months with absolute zero response. Madness.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I know, as supporters we have no power, but I cant put in words the expletives that come to my mind when I think of whoevers in charge of firing cocaine nose, relegation team sack managers for exact same results, and we are nothing like relegation teams, in terms of stature, it just makes no sense at all
Supporters have all the power if they want to however we had been brainwashed in thinking that being a supporter means being a sheep who follow the team irrespective of the crap being thrown to.

Let see how Woody would act if United showed up to an empty OT

LonelyFire

I know some are saying it for a laugh - but can we just put this stock exchange nonsense to bed. We are not restricted to making announcements when the market opens

comlag

I know, as supporters we have no power
Of course supporters have power. Majority should hold power but like in any other walk of life you have to organise and co-ordinate to make a difference. It's not there yet and it may never be there. The closest it ever came was the original G&G campaign I can remember there was something close to a movement forming but as we were still successful nothing ever came of it. Sort of like the occupy Wall Street just fizzled out in the end. We have lost our ability to change because we continue to co-exist comfortably with the brand. Believe me if and when United start to tank commercially the Glazers will be long gone and the club likely in even more of a mess, then you might see more supporter lead action bearing fruit but until...strap yourself in and wait for the corporate elite to make more shitty decisions.

Stacks

Our club is fecking atrocious, I`m furious and absolutely baffled at the same time, with all the losses, draws, and us being such a huge club, why the feck is he not sacked
Its 5 league wins in the last 4 months also. Since the 19th October 2015, we have beaten West Brom, Watford, Swansea, Liverpool and Stoke in the premier league

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Supporters have all the power if they want to however we had been brainwashed in thinking that being a supporter means being a sheep who follow the team irrespective of the crap being thrown to.
Stating the obvious but the very tedium of watching the team, and the predictable lack of resultant action from the board, has succeeded in watering-down supporters' meltdowns; which makes life easier for the board.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Its 5 league wins in the last 4 months also. Since the 19th October 2015, we have beaten West Brom, Watford, Swansea, Liverpool and Stoke in the premier league
Bloody hell, that's shocking! I always wanted to give him until the season ends but now it has become inevitable

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It really does feel as if the board are sitting on their arse playing video games throughout all of this. I just don't know how they can see the club muster 5 wins in 6 months with absolute zero response. Madness.
Nick Powell is on the board now?!

devilish

Stating the obvious but the very tedium of watching the team, and the predictable lack of resultant action from the board, has succeeded in watering-down supporters' meltdowns; which makes life easier for the board.
the brainwashing started way before that ie during SAF's time when for some strange and convenient reason loyalty to the club became tied with loyalty to the decisions the club can take. That's pretty stupid.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Spot on. LVG has done a superb job of playing down expectations too. The board keeping quiet no matter what kills whatever little hope the fans have. The next game comes and we try to forget about it. It's an endless cycle of shit.

SteveJ

Scout
the brainwashing started way before that ie during SAF's time when for some strange and convenient reason loyalty to the club became tied with loyalty to the decisions the club can take. That's pretty stupid.
Yep. It's akin to the Emperor's New Clothes stuff: "we're just as great as we used to be"; "our star players are just as great as they used to be"; "countless millions to spend"; "we're always after big-name players"/"big-name players are always phoning us" etc etc.

SteveJ

Scout
Spot on. LVG has done a superb job of playing down expectations too. The board keeping quiet no matter what kills whatever little hope the fans have. The next game comes and we try to forget about it. It's an endless cycle of shit.
Honestly, it seems like LVG ends most of his comments with "it's not easy" these days.

devilish

Yep. It's akin to the Emperor's New Clothes stuff: "we're just as great as we used to be"; "our star players are just as great as they used to be"; "countless millions to spend"; "we're always after big-name players"/"big-name players are always phoning us" etc etc.
The funny thing is that outside Britain we're not as great as we think we are. Even in our prime most players would rather go to Real or Barcelona then joining us. Not to forget Manchester whom, as a city, is quite erm, crap.

I am not saying we're not a top club. We've got a great history, wonderful facilities, the club is rich and we run things the proper way (or at least we try). However let us not kid ourselves that we're some sort of centre of the world and that our status as a top club is permanent. Its not. Other clubs with more honours then we do and with a better location then us are not considered top clubs any more by the players. That can happen to us too.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Honestly, a week on Monday we could be 1. Out of the FA Cup 2. Out of the Europa League and 3. Battered by Arsenal and down in 7th...

And he still probably wouldn't be sacked.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Honestly, it seems like LVG ends most of his comments with "it's not easy" these days.
Only thing that's not easy is getting rid of him! But you're right, and it seems to working on some fans and clearly the board too

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I know right. Yet we need to win the vast majority of the next 12 to make 4th. It's not going to happen.
This club's hierarchy is beyond a joke. With its wait until it's "mathematically impossible" bullshit, because we don't sack managers like Real and Chelsea. We've given two shit managers more time than Chelsea gave to a double winner, and Madrid gave to a CL winner.

Ironically, the same man.

Robbie Boy

If we play like we have been lately, I reckon Arsenal could do a proper job on us at Old Trafford. Things are so depressing lately and it's gone well beyond a joke how this incompetent feckwit is still in charge.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Shrewsbury were to beat us but we will probably grab an undeserved horrible win of some sort. Then against the mighty Midtjylland, we will most likely muster up another awful win of some sort and scrape through. Then, y'know, the Arsenal game won't matter one jot as we have 'progressed' in two cups within a week. Progression eh.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
The twitter page for United is currently quite low-key. Im cluctching at straws.

Raw

LVG must be thanking his lucky stars that the teams around us are so inconsistent. 5th is an incredibly flattering position for us right now.

saivet

Honestly, a week on Monday we could be 1. Out of the FA Cup 2. Out of the Europa League and 3. Battered by Arsenal and down in 7th...

And he still probably wouldn't be sacked.
I think he may just get sacked for that.

Don't think all three of those thing will happen anyway. Probably just the third point.

Robbie Boy

Spurs fans must be counting their lucky stars that we appointed LvG because if we didn't, it looked like he was going there. Considering the fortunes of both teams since then, they must be absolutely delighted that they got Poch and we got this clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.