LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Yes it's a good performance, and yet that was because Chelsea are shit and more importantly we played in a manner completely
different to how he's always wanted us to play.

Ultimately he still fecked up by moving Martial to the opposite wing, not replacing Schweinsteiger with Pereira and he almost fukced up by our dreadful defending on the counter from our own counter - which must be the fifth time that's happened in recent games?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I don't think he will get sacked.

I think the board will tell him: we are in this mess with you, make sure you use the January window to sort this problem out .

BarstoolProphet

25 goals in 25 league matches since the 4-2 game against City. There's really no excuse. He's worse than Moyes.

Boycott

Just saw that Moyes' highest winless streak was 3...we're now on 8.

Surely that isn't true? I seem to remember going weeks without a win under Moyes.
It's true. We lost 3 in a row (league, FA Cup, COC) but other than that it was just a mixed bag.

WWDLLWDDWL was the Moyes era. No consistency.

Jev

They planned to let us. The plan almost worked if they had taken their great chances.

I think it's strange to call that a 'good performance' when it had so much wrong with it. The first 15 minutes or so was fantastic and with a lot of great movement off the ball. That all stopped around mid-way through the first half and never returned.

It was better than Stoke for sure but wasn't a good at all.
Did they also plan for us to create a handful clearcut chances? This was not like all the other games where we had possession but nothing to show for it. They didn't have us under control, they were under pressure for the majority of the game and were lucky we didn't take our chances. Yes, they had some chances too but we had far more.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Today was an improvement. But it also showed how off the pace we still are.

The damage was done along time ago though. Still needs to go, today changed nothing.

Ryan7

3 points from our last 18 and we'll probably still keep him in charge. :lol:

Jev

What I'm wondering is whether we played van Gaal's tactics today or if he finally caved and told the players to trust their instincts.

Sam

It's true. We lost 3 in a row (league, FA Cup, COC) but other than that it was just a mixed bag.

WWDLLWDDWL was the Moyes era. No consistency.
Jesus :annoyed:

And there's people that still want him to stay. Incredible really.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Full of praise on BT from Rio and Paul and I just don't understand it. We were okay today, not great. No win in EIGHT games, 3 in 17? That's relegation form. Nothing I saw today convinces me that he's going to turn it around.
There's something odd about Scholes sudden change of attitude. He must know something we don't, i.e he's not going anywhere.

bubbles_

It's nonsense to praise them today. Should've beat and were the better team against Norwich, Bournemouth, West Ham, PSV, CSKA, Newcastle and maybe even City but we didn't win any of them. Same as today.

Ixion

Today's result isn't that bad, and the performance was good for most of the game. In isolation if we weren't on a winless streak the performance/result today wouldn't be terrible, as it is it just adds to a bunch of statistics and records currently. I dunno, I don't mind him as our manager when we play like today, I would take a 0-0 like this over the PSV type performance, if this is how we went about games from now on I'd let him stay.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Think the board would feel he's earned another game and if it's true that he had lost faith, he will probably have been encouraged by that performance. I think there's another game in him.

I don't know, I've wanted him out for a long time now but it would seem slightly brutal to sack him on the back of such a good performance.
I disagree. The way I see it, even the positives from this match (limited though they are), can be used to damn LvG further. If the football was a bit more dynamic today, and we looked more threatening, then I feel there are justifiable questions that need to be asked about his tactics and management to this point.

Sounded like a better performance, but too little, too late. Nobody can justify this run of results.
This. Eight matches without a win is the thing to focus on here. And the problem isn't limited to just this awful run. LvG's entire tenure has had more negatives than positives.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No wins in 8, dropping out of the top 4, knocked out of a piss easy CL group. How the feck is he still in the job? This is the team he built so he has no excuses whatsoever. The board should do their fecking job.

Jev

I disagree. The way I see it, even the positives from this match (limited though they are), can be used to damn LvG further. If the football was a bit more dynamic today, and we looked more threatening, then I feel there are justifiable questions that need to be asked about his tactics and management to this point.
I agree with that, made an edit to my post to stress that point.

mu4c_20le

When the players put in this kind of performance, there is no reason to resign for me. - LVG

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
We played them off the park. Completely bossed the game, hit the woodwork twice and created enough chances to score at least four goals. It was a very good performance and if people weren't so affected by everything going on, they would recognise that.
We really showed them what we're about. We scored one post goal and one bar goal. One of the best games of the season, and it ended... 0-0.

Mister_Stubbs

Just confirmed he won't resin after a performance like this... Looks like we are stuck with him for another week.

Jev

We really showed them what we're about. We scored one post goal and one bar goal. One of the best games of the season, and it ended... 0-0.
All I'm saying is this wasn't like our other goalless games where we didn't create a thing. Today, we were simply unlucky. LVG has used that excuse so often that he's like the boy who cried wolf but today it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.