Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
Moyes: P51 W27 D9 L15
LvG: P73 W36 D20 L17

Moyes 1.765 points per game
LvG 1.753 points per game

Moyes the better manager. Much more entertaining, too.

Minimalist

Another wasted season then, just like the Moyes adventure. Sure why bother worrying, right folks? Aul Giggsy will be in the job soon to finish it all off.

Post-Ferguson is genuinely laughable. :lol: I don't even think our bitter rivals could have predicted such amateur management at all levels.

Ferguson should perhaps consider writing a book on this nightmare his retirement has initiated.

Eddy_JukeZ

It's a crime that he's still manager after 8 games without a win and how poor our attack is.

I am astounded.

cyberman

We deserve every dropped point, every meh game from this point onwards.
This now isn't LVG fault, it's on Woodward and the boards head.
If all this talk about Woodward and LVG going out to dinner with their wives is true then we have a serious conflict of interest at this point. He's too close to make the decision dispassionately.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
:lol: I can only laugh at this shit show

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Nothing would make me happier than LVG succeeding here.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He says he wont resign and is happy with what the players showed today.

Triple.Threat

LVG: "You've seen that the players are fighting for me. I am fully confident in the board and my players. There is no reason to resign."

NessunDorma

We played them off the park. Completely bossed the game, hit the woodwork twice and created enough chances to score at least four goals. It was a very good performance and if people weren't so affected by everything going on, they would recognise that.
Devil's Advocate:

We were playing a team with one of the worst away records in the league (only Villa's and Sunderland's is worse), who were missing their best striker and their two reserve strikers, who were missing one of their key creative midfielders, and who had to come from behind to draw their last game, at home to Watford. A team whose form and results have been even worse than ours this season.

While we did create a few good chances, so did Chelsea, and they could've easily had 2 or 3 goals themselves. But by the second half, we looked slow and ponderous again, and like we weren't going to craft any clear cut chances. And lo and behold, we didn't.

If we'd genuinely played them off the park, we would've won comfortably. But that's not how it transpired. We just about had the better of a contest that should've been there for the taking.

Now, if this had been a one off result and performance in amidst a run of good ones, perhaps criticism would be harsh. You could take it on the chin as just being 'one of those things'. Decent game, disappointing result, we move on. But it wasn't a one off, and the context matters.

Once again we failed to score, and once again we failed to win, at home, against a side who started the day 16th in the league for a reason.

I am by no means a knee jerk, impatient 'Sack Fergie, sell Giggs!' type, and try not to ever bad mouth our players or manager. But come on.

It's been painfully dull for a long time, and now we can't even point to good results as a mitigation.

Something. Is. Wrong.

Jev

If he's not resigning then he'll be here next week again. If we didn't sack him after Stoke, we won't sack him after that.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Just said in presse conference he won't resign and sounds like he has boards backing too

Riz

We deserve every dropped point, every meh game from this point onwards.
This now isn't LVG fault, it's on Woodward and the boards head.
If all this talk about Woodward and LVG going out to dinner with their wives is true then we have a serious conflict of interest at this point. He's too close to make the decision dispassionately.
Spot on.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
He stays.

Despite the mess he has us in, I still find him very likeable.

Litch

Best chance in game was Chelsea and our best chances weren't team play but individual brilliance. Better but no where near good enough

Sam

We really are turning into a mid table club if we're considering that a great performance.

How the feck can drawing 0-0 with the 16th placed team in the league be great? How can that convince LVG he has to stay?

We're a joke of a club. The 00's version of Liverpool.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I fecking knew this would happen.

We would get rolled over by a absolute shite Chelsea team, so all of a sudden it's progress and he keeps his job.

feck him and feck the board. This is the biggest farce ever. There is 0 chance United will even make the top 4 with this utter clown in charge.

We are just pissing more points away. That team today were there for the taking and we played out YET ANOTHER 0-0 draw.

If he isn't sacked by the Swansea game I honestly thing it is the biggest farce in the history of any sport ever. He should have gone after the Norwich game, probably even the Bournemouth game.

The performance today was improved but for the most part was dogshit. Chelsea are utter wank.

This club is a fecking state at the minute and the fan attitude is appalling too. How on earth can anybody be happy with that game today? The 6th 0-0 draw at Old Trafford this season. Van. Gaal. Out.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He'll still be in charge against Swansea. They're shite and we'll probably beat them, then reward him with a 6 year contract.

Jev

Devil's Advocate:

We were playing a team with one of the worst away records in the league (only Villa's and Sunderland's is worse), who were missing their best striker and their two reserve strikers, who were missing one of their key creative midfielders, and who had to come from behind to draw their last game, at home to Watford. A team whose form and results have been even worse than ours this season.

While we did create a few good chances, so did Chelsea, and they could've easily had 2 or 3 goals themselves. But by the second half, we looked slow and ponderous again, and like we weren't going to craft any clear cut chances. And lo and behold, we didn't.

If we'd genuinely played them off the park, we would've won comfortably. But that's not how it transpired. We just about had the better of a contest that was there for the taking.

Now, if this had been a one off result and performance in amidst a run of good ones, perhaps criticism would be harsh. You could take it on the chin as just being 'one of those things'. But it wasn't a one off, and the context matters.

Once again we failed to score, and once again we failed to win, at home, against a side who started the day 16th in the league for a reason.

I am by no means a knee jerk, impatiaent 'Sack Fergie, sell Giggs!' type, and try not to ever bad mouth our players or manager. But come on.

It's been painfully dull for a long time, and now we can't even out to good results as a mitigation.

Something. Is. Wrong.
Well, except both Herrera and Rooney had clear-cut chances with open goals in front of them.

I agree with everything else you said.

Mindhunter

He broke a million hearts I guess by not resigning. He is going nowhere people!!

I bet on this thread reaching 500 pages.

Ixion

Moyes: P51 W27 D9 L15
LvG: P73 W36 D20 L17

Moyes 1.765 points per game
LvG 1.753 points per game

Moyes the better manager. Much more entertaining, too.
If that's how we define who is the best manager then Hiddink is probably the best manager in Premier League history.

Sam

No but it was a reaction and a huge improvement
We drew 0-0, at home, to the team that are 16th in the league.

People that are happy with that have no standards at all. You're talking like you support West Ham or Stoke.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
We really are turning into a mid table club if we're considering that a great performance.

How the feck can drawing 0-0 with the 16th placed team in the league be great? How can that convince LVG he has to stay?

We're a joke of a club. The 00's version of Liverpool.
Luckily, there's more to life.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
All I'm saying is this wasn't like our other goalless games where we didn't create a thing. Today, we were simply unlucky. LVG has used that excuse so often that he's like the boy who cried wolf but today it's true.
Dude, we're playing one of the worst teams of the season. We were decent and that's about it. We've played with plenty of luck this season, and the moment it ran out, we've failed to win in 8.

Bojan11

No but it was a reaction and a huge improvement
Thanks to Chelsea mainly being poor and offering very little threat. Whilst letting us walk through midfield and not putting pressure on us.

That was the worst Chelsea team I've seen at Old Trafford in a long time and we couldn't beat them.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You don't judge a season by one performance, credit the Caf with some insight. That game was symptomatic of the last few performances. It was still dour and insipid
No of course you don't which is what I said. That game was nothing like our previous performances, we moved the ball much quicker and we created plenty of chances. The point was about today's game and only today's game, it's difficult to criticize LVGs tactic and player selection today.

C'est Moi Cantona

The bigger question is why did the players play like this, it was just so different to what we've seen recently you have to ask was it all down to LvG.

Status
Not open for further replies.