LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crustanoid

LVG spent more money with us in 2 years than Leicester did in their 132 year history. let that sink in
Have they managed to secure loads of sponsorship money though this season?have they???
How many noodles partners do they have?
That's before talking about ball possession

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What's the betting that if Leicester and Spurs lose their last couple of games, because one has already won the league and one is devastated that they haven't, he will say we ran them close.

Crustanoid

Only LVG has stood between us and a 74-style plummet to the championship. We should be endebteded to his amazing magic talents, and thanking fate for his precence here rather than spending 600 pages in a thread slating him.

Robbie Boy

I can see where he's coming from in some instances. There seems to be a "title or sack" mentality among some people.
Eh, title or sack? I doubt many expected to win the title this season but they expected progression from last season.

NJM78

He is a crazy farce of a man. Counting down the days until he is shown the door.
Every team in top 6 or 7 bar Leicester can have a lot of excuses like injuries, fixtures congestion etc as to why they are not in 1st place but not all of them can claim to have played the most boring ineffective football in decades whilst scoring their least amount of goals since the premier league began. His tactics and substitutions are just the cherry on top of the steaming wankfest of a job he has done.

spwd

He's just got one more year at best, I'd happily swallow that year as long as we have champions league football. Having CL is paramount to our recruiting efforts.
Having cl is paramount but surely having this dick in charge negates that as what players that would improve us would want to play under him having seen the last two years?

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
I don't know what's more depressing, United's continued failure to play as a cohesive unit for a little more than a third of a game, or the faint optimism accompanying the start of my new days hoping to hear/read the words sacked next to LVG.

I need to be put out of my misery

GBBQ

I can see where he's coming from in some instances. There seems to be a "title or sack" mentality among some people.
On the contrary I think most people felt that last season's 4th place finish was a big improvement on Moyes' season in charge and were pretty happy with his rousing speech at the POTY awards. We expected progression instead we got stagnation.

Oneunited26

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36188860

Our expectations are too high and he is one of the best managers in the world

This guy is a pr nightmare
I would love someone to make a drinking game of VG, how many idiotic things this guy can say.
He is trying to lower expectations, because?
A - he is too old to drive this team on
B - He seems to be wanting to say these things so the job he done is not so bad

Club football is too much for this guy, he is defiantly more suited to the international game, week in week out is just too much for a guy too old for club football

Robbie Boy

We can't even equal last season points haul even if we win all our remaining games. There has been absolutely no progression whatsoever this season, despite us having an FA Cup Final to look forward to. The man absolutely has to go but I fear he will be saying on another season. If he does stay on, then I can see things turning very nasty after a-few games next season if there hasn't be major progress made.

Last edited:

Silverman

This is the biggest problem I have with LVG. The poor football is bad but if he was sympathetic and admitted that things are awful atm then it wouldn't be as hard to take. The fact that he says we have too high expectations, with the money he has spent and Leicester winning the title is simply lousy of him imo.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
When the media is writing for six months I am sacked already... I can cope with that. It is not new for me. For my players, it is not so easy.

They are reading every day. What do you think about my authority? What do you think about the way they want to follow my advice, when their coach is showed like a nobody because I cannot do anything?
You haven't done anything, and you don't look likely to do anything either. That's your problem, Louis.

What does he expect? That the media does not speculate about his future when the biggest club in England play shite football, fail miserably in Europe and look unlikely to manage a measly 4th place finish in the league?

We are in a period of transition. It is not so easy.

We have to meet the expectations of the biggest club in the world. Expectations are too high.
My own expectations, at this stage, is that we don't play shite football, don't fail miserably in Europe and don't look unlikely to manage a measly 4th place finish in the league. Those are the expectations LVG has failed to live up to.

It's not so easy. No, it's not. That sort of comes with the territory. Perhaps it's time you found something else to do.

Infuriating comments.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The expectations of someone who thinks we should be winning the title at this stage are too high. Maybe you disagree though.
I think we should be competing for the title yes but if you listen to LVG speak, he think's we're competing for top4 spot. If we lower our expectations then we can expect to achieve less.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
On the contrary I think most people felt that last season's 4th place finish was a big improvement on Moyes' season in charge and were pretty happy with his rousing speech at the POTY awards. We expected progression instead we got stagnation.
I'd argue that we got regression when you look at the overall picture

Tyrion

So we're the biggest club in the world and have one of the best managers in the world but when we're upset that we can't finish top 4 in our domestic league or play entertaining football for just one game after a quarter of a billion spent, our expectations are too high?

He's verging on attempting a con at this stage.

He should be sacked, he deserves it, he knows it, we can get better and should get better. Regardless of 'excessive expectations' (as if we're just short of winning the league), he's been a disappointment at best.

mbb8

Why won't these fecks just sign the divorce papers? Woodward must be one of those spouses who secretly enjoys being abused. Woman up, Eddy! Think of us, the children! Think of the god damn children!!

Mister_Stubbs

It's lucky for LVG that the world media is concentrating on Leicester this morning otherwise his comments last night would be back page.

Robbie Boy

It's lucky for LVG that the world media is concentrating on Leicester this morning otherwise his comments last night would be back page.
He's lucky that so many other top teams have had such shit season and the league has been absolutely crazy this season. That has keep a-lot of media attention off of him as the papers have better things to be writing about.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He's lucky that so many other top teams have had such shit season and the league has been absolutely crazy this season. That has keep a-lot of media attention off of him as the papers have better things to be writing about.
If he is still here next season, he won't get away with the excuses or the team form as the big clubs will not be letting a Leicester City win the league again. He will get shown up big time. I hope the board realise this.

Robbie Boy

If he is still here next season, he won't get away with the excuses or the team form as the big clubs will not be letting a Leicester City win the league again. He will get shown up big time. I hope the board realise this.
If he is still here next season, there will be a massive backlash against him when we inevitably start playing our brand of shit football (first game of the season most likely) and then there will be huge pressure on the board to get rid. And given that I can't see any signs of progression to give me any glimmer of hope for next season, the best thing for all concerned to get rid now while Mourinho is still available.

Aporkalypse

If he is still here after all these pathetic excuses then I think another season with him in charge is the least of our worries.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
LVG said:
"The expectations are too high. We are in a period of transition. The players feel that. It’s not so easy.”
I wish he'd stop claiming that virtually everything from winning the title to getting top four to beating FC Flapjack at OT isn't 'easy'. Considering that he says he's an excellent manager, you'd think he'd be more likely to regularly claim that "nothing is impossible" instead.

Minimalist

PR disaster. Managerial failure. But why is he still here?

It's been beyond LVG for a long time now. The only saving grace we have is that (we hope) the board has already planned to sack him and replace him with Mourinho or someone of that ilk.

Because if they haven't and are going to persist with this LVG and then later, Giggs shit show - then we have bigger problems than the dutchman in the dug out. We're being run by morons if that's the case.

R'hllor

LVG spent more money with us in 2 years than Leicester did in their 132 year history. let that sink in
And if he didnt spend,you would be first here shouting "spend some fecking money" in voice of Arsenal fans.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
No one is demanding the title, but after so much money spent, we want progress.
We do not want:
- 1 goal per game.
- ultra defensive football (even against lesser teams)
- football which is horrendously boring to watch.
- competing for the 4th place trophy and openly admitting that 4th place is all we are capable of.

Last year it was 4th place - this was fine...it was progress from 7th place.
This year its 5th. We have gone backwards and there is no sign that things are improving.

Nobody here is asking LVG to be sacked for not getting 1st place.

Status
Not open for further replies.