LVG's Legacy/Foundations

Status
Not open for further replies.

spwd

Christ this shit needs to be locked, absolute fecking nonsense.

Zii

If you think LVG left us a foundation then I guess you also think Moyes gave us a Foundation to build on because he bought Mata and Fellaini???

Mickfoley

I had a lot of people turning against me after starting this thread. However, a lot of people PM to let me know I'm not alone. They know that airing the wrong opinion can lead to a lot of heckling and freezing out. I'm ready to stay here in the cold if it means standing up for something you believe in.

Yes, it was a fantastic game and the season ended well. Mourinho is really the one to take us forward. I only hope I get a reason to come back to this thread again may it be a trophy or player development. Until then I think we should call it a day here and celebrate the win. Cheers!
A lot of people, and I say fantastic people. People that know more about football than anyone, I mean professional people. They say a lot of good things about me on social media.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Why should this guy get banned?

I'm not a wum and I believe in this though I'm not shouting about it until the inevitable European dominance happens.

Guess I should have expected it though. Just like his other clubs, there are fans and there are those who hate him. No difference here.

The fact is United will be the biggest club in the world in the next few years just like every other club that Lvg left.
Maybe because they were that already before he joined any of them.

el3mel

I'm waiting for Successful to say LVG helped us win the Europe league because he made us qualify for it.

I know this post will sure come just waiting.

Mickfoley

@Successful

Listen man, do yourself a favour and don't just post here when we win things. Anybody who knows what LVG has done knows that not only success is around the corner but complete world dominance. People will assume that we are taking away things from Jose when it simply is not true.

I can't wait for our club to be right at the top - utilising the importance of things like player positioning, possesion and so on.

Lvg's tactics are trash - but he has bought back the importance in this little intricacies that is genuinely the difference between the big clubs and the best and I can't wait for Jose to utilise it.

See, there will always be people who assume that possesion football is just knocking the ball around the back line. What people don't see is that since we can do that - Jose can utilise that to his wishes.

If he wants the CB to knock the ball from the back line to the target man - it requires a full team meshed in understanding of the right positioning, possesion and the oppurtunity to do so successfully. The guy who's tactics will win us titles is at the hot seat now but the man who forced us to play a basic possession and positioning game has long gone.( the same manager who was more happy when we didn't score because we held possession :rolleyes:

I still remember to this day the day we beat city under Lvg and Neville on the live commentary himself said that he was starting to see the resemblance between us and bayern and barca. That just made me :drool:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves either - we won the europa league today but we have many more challenges to come. Then when we inevitably start winning UCL finals, people can laugh all they want at the fact that after Lvg - top managers have won some serious silverware consistently at 3 clubs IN A ROW. Don't think we would look as ridiculous then :angel:
Atleast ban him for having 2 accounts.

spwd

I'm waiting for Successful to say LVG helped us win the Europe league because he made us qualify for it.

I know this post will sure come just waiting.

If successful is online it'll be any minute now :houllier:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
The year after Sir Alex left we won 1 trophy. The year after Van Gaal we have won 3.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I genuinely didn't expect this thread to be bumped after the Europa League final but without United finishing 5th in van Gaal's 2nd season, they'd be in no position to win the Europa league. Regression in van Gaal's second season is the only reason United was in a position to win the Europa League - that's not cause to give van Gaal credit. Credit should go to Mourinho, not van Gaal.

ravi2

Why is this thread even still open?
Is there a moyes appreciation thread I can post in as well?

Whoever is braying on about "lvgs foundations" at this stage is just an attention seeking troll imo.

Why is this thread even still open?
Is there a moyes appreciation thread I can post in as well?

Whoever is braying on about "lvgs foundations" at this stage is just an attention seeking troll imo.
It's not coincidence that in every big club he's managed they have gone on to win things the following seasons. You can clearly see some of the discipline he drilled into the players' individual games and Mourinho has built on that. There's no shame admitting he left a positive legacy here.

Jaybomb

There was no foundations. LVG had his way of playing and Mourinho has his. You can't give LVG credit for Joses success.

The finals we won this season had goals by Ibra, Pogba and Mkhi. 3 players who almost certainly wouldn't have played for us if LVG was still here.

ravi2

It's not coincidence that in every big club he's managed they have gone on to win things the following seasons. You can clearly see some of the discipline he drilled into the players' individual games and Mourinho has built on that. There's no shame admitting he left a positive legacy here.

K.

Jonno

Lol!

We've literally reversed his tactics over a course of 9 months.

Slow, short, sideways passing, patient build up. DO NOT make forward runs, DO NOT make forward passes.

High line, pass the ball round the opposition box, have 2 shots on target but only from close range, expect Rooney to score 1 of them.

Vs

Fast, long passing, loading Rashford, Lingard or Martial down the channels. Have 10-15 shots on target and expect to score 1-3 of them. Shoot from distance and test the keeper.

How are they remotely similar?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.