Madrid is the perfect city and Real is the perfect club to play (and support)

colombianmancunian

I actually like more Barcelona as a city, sadly their club is a bunch of cheaters, liers, hypocrites, and diving cnuts who buy referees, play act, dive and in general represent all that is wrong with football.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Normally every season I'm very confident we can beat Manchester City or PSG without trying any day when we play them in the UCL knock out stages. They lack the history and mystique we have in that competition, then they have Guardiola who more often than not chokes up in those games. Then I can see Chelsea knocking us out and right now we rely a lot on our senior players having their moments of brilliance to get through though matches, so it all depends if Modric and Benzema are going to be in form for those games.

ti vu

Normally every season I'm very confident we can beat Manchester City or PSG without trying any day when we play them in the UCL knock out stages. They lack the history and mystique we have in that competition, then they have Guardiola who more often than not chokes up in those games. Then I can see Chelsea knocking us out and right now we rely a lot on our senior players having their moments of brilliance to get through though matches, so it all depends if Modric and Benzema are going to be in form for those games.
The bolded parts don't stick. Without Abramovich Chelsea was not much a mystique and his ownership is over. Last time you lost to them was against Tuchel too. Had Lampard stayed, likely you would have been able to get past his Chelsea.

Lampard is back to receive his the payback. Don't disappoint us by losing to this version of Chelsea :o

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The bolded parts don't stick. Without Abramovich Chelsea was not much a mystique and his ownership is over. Last time you lost to them was against Tuchel too. Had Lampard stayed, likely you would have been able to get past his Chelsea.
Chelsea had won european trophies in the years right before abramovich and were well established in europe with experienced players, then made several deep CL runs before finally breaking their duck. To be fair, City are coming off a final and SF so this might be their time

In '21 we would have lost to Chelsea if they hired a toddler to be their manager

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
To be fair, City are coming off a final and SF so this might be their time
I think it's bound to happen at some point, right? but it would be cool if it happens when Guardiola is no longer managing them. :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Close to 15th CL. Meanwhile we have just 3.
They are by far the world biggest club. It’s not even close.
There is something in the water they drink. The standards they demand is truly special.

Last edited:

Water Melon

I bloody hope that City do not win the treble this season. So, come on Real! Do it once again.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What does a PSG player have to do with UEFAlona being cheating cnuts?
He put a picture from season when Barca won a CL on most disgraceful way in history. When their best players were Uefa and Ovrebo.
And he is proud about it.

Also; putting that picture on Man Utd forum is not some good old banter between fans. It is deliberate provocation.

MUFC OK

Watching them over the past few years, the way they move the ball around is incredible. They're technically sound and barely waste a pass.

We are miles off that level, even when we are facing average opposition.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Been supporting Madrid so many times over the last 10 years that I'm pretty much an ultra now.
:lol: :lol:. Isn't it? I have a feeling that last few seasons every our season is based on supporting other clubs.
Supporting City to stop Liverpool. Supporting Real to stop City and Liverpool.
Supporting Arsenal to stop City.

Close to 15th CL. Meanwhile we have just 3.
They are by far the world biggest club. It’s not even close.
There is something in the water they drink. The standards they demand is truly special.
They're in the perfect league for winning the CL. They get all the money. They have Barcelona and Atletico to keep them honest, a rest over Christmas and the 17 other teams are nice and easy. Unlike PSG who don't know what to do when they face a half decent team, and English teams who are all knackered by the time the latter stages come around.

colombianmancunian

He put a picture from season when Barca won a CL on most disgraceful way in history. When their best players were Uefa and Ovrebo.
And he is proud about it.

Also; putting that picture on Man Utd forum is not some good old banter between fans. It is deliberate provocation.
It’s mad how they are proud of both the Ovrebo robbery and the Robontada against P$G. Cheating cnuts and proud of it. The most despicable team on earth.

Agree with you. They should never have played that final.

Earvin Johnson

Supports
Fc Barcelona
Wumming
It’s mad how they are proud of both the Ovrebo robbery and the Robontada against P$G. Cheating cnuts and proud of it. The most despicable team on earth.

Agree with you. They should never have played that final.
Cry a bit more, I'm nearly there :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ah. The Van Der Sar game uh? Pity he didn't retire a game earlier, United might have won that otherwise

norm87cro

I havent been to Madrid so on that note I really cant say. Ive been to Barcelona though and the hype is true. The city is stunning and they do have better weather than Madrid for sure. Playing for Real? They are the most succesful club on the planet so that is surley a plus but I guess Im kind of sentimental and I always prefered clubs like us, Barca and Ajax with some grit about them (and a youth system)

norm87cro

Ah. The Van Der Sar game uh? Pity he didn't retire a game earlier, United might have won that otherwise
Nope. If you are reffering to the 2011 CL final Barca crushed us and I really didnt mind the soft third VDS let in because of the relentless pressure Barca put us through. Peter Schmeichel version from the Euro 92 final could not have helped us that day

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nope. If you are reffering to the 2011 CL final Barca crushed us and I really didnt mind the soft third VDS let in because of the relentless pressure Barca put us through. Peter Schmeichel version from the Euro 92 final could not have helped us that day
Barcelona's first 2 goals in that game were bad. Come on. If that wasn't VDS's last game a lot would have been made of that. A half decent keeper saves both with ease :D

And for all their domination i don't remember barcelona actually creating many good chances either

norm87cro

Barcelona's first 2 goals in that game were bad. Come on. If that wasn't VDS's last game a lot would have been made of that. A half decent keeper saves both with ease :D

And for all their domination i don't remember barcelona actually creating many good chances either
Only thing I actually remeber from that game is Barca crushing us in the first half and Rooney scoring a brillant goal (from what was a slight offside) to make it 1 1. I thought Barcas moral was going down after that but it just pissed them off a little more. Like sucker punching Mike Tyson in the 2nd round just to get your ass whooped in the 3rd

VP

They're in the perfect league for winning the CL. They get all the money. They have Barcelona and Atletico to keep them honest, a rest over Christmas and the 17 other teams are nice and easy. Unlike PSG who don't know what to do when they face a half decent team, and English teams who are all knackered by the time the latter stages come around.
It also helps that they've been incredibly lucky in so many campaigns.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Regarding luck in so many campaigns, from my point of view what really defines that period is not luck but consistency.

If you count the semifinals played since 2011 (12 campaigns) they have played 10 semifinals.

If they go past Chelsea -which is yet to be seen- then it's 11 semifinals out of the last 13 campaigns.

Furthermore, it's the only club that has always qualified from group stages whenever they've played in it.

I cannot find any other team in history with similar degree of consistency in this competition except for perhaps Real Madrid in the 50s and beginning of 60s.

This is really a case where recency bias is a relevant topic.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Anyway, it doesn't matter because this year is City's year.

BerryBerryShrew

Cry a bit more, I'm nearly there :lol:

Imagine coming into a thread where the fans of Man United are giving praise to a team that has won 14 Champions Leagues legitimately, only for a fan of a team that has "won" only 5 CL's (in dodgy circumstances) to claim that we're bitter.
Mind-boggling really. It reminds me of that photo of the Liverpool fan giving the "5 times" hand signal.....to Cristiano Ronaldo. Staggering lack of self awareness.

RoyH1

32 semifinal appearances in the Champions League (European Cup before) and 11 out of the last 13.
That’s insane.

BerryBerryShrew

Hala Madrid! We are all honorary Real fans this evening. I'm practicing waving a white hankie at my telly in disgust in advance of kick off - it is difficult to do it with as much panache as their usual fans do, but I'm confident that I'll have it mastered before 8pm.

Chekov

Supports
Internazionale
One of the downsides with Real Madrid is that they always felt a bit boring and soulless/lack of clear identity. When i think fast of big football clubs i could completely forget Real Madrid exists.

I think this has to do with that their squads usually mostly consists of more or less mercenaries and that they can change style and managers a bit too frequently.