Gaming Mafia trilogy remake

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm playing Mafia 3 at the moment...its not so bad. Not amazing or anything and I probably won't finish it... But It definitely nails the tone.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Liked the first one for a while, didn't get round to the second.

Mrs finished the third and said it was meh. And she loves all these type of games, so I trust her judgment on that.

But yay! Another remaster :lol:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I loved it when I used to run out of gas while driving.

Also loved the driving in Mafia 1.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Yeah Mafia 3 was really repetitive in the end but a really stylistic game to play. I picked it up for $9.99 at target after it was released a year or so ago so no complaints from me.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah, 2 is definitely my favourite. The Playboy magazines were a late teenage boys dream in a video game.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
First Mafia is still something GTA doesn't even come close... not even San Andreas.

Bojan11

Bought the collection. Do not make the mistake I did. Just wait if they actually made 1 decent.

Mafia 2 is fecking terrible. Worst performance from a game I seen probably this generation and I played a few stinkers. The frame rate drops to mid 20s or below especially when you are in a tunnel. There were a few times I failed a mission through no fault of my own because some random car was parked in the middle of the road. I was playing on a x btw. This game performs really badly on the PS4 pro, so I shudder to think how it is like on the standard consoles.

But the game isn’t as good as I remember it. The combat is dreadful and slow. It’s open world, but there’s literally nothing to do. The story is just about ok. It’s definitely something I wouldn’t recommend to anyone. Finished it and never again even.

I will be moving onto Saints Row, which I hear is a great remaster.

evil_geko

I finished Mafia 2 recently for the second time and it was as great as I remembered, brilliant atmosphere, this is a good example where you have a good open world without thousand repetitive side quests that Ubisoft likes to make.
It's not as good as the first Mafia but it's great. I haven't tried the remastered one but heard it even has bugs that were patched before, wont even try it. Waiting for Mafia 1 remake!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Agree that the first one was amazing. Not sure how it ll hold up now, but it seemed ahead of its time when it was released and was just challenging enough without wanting to bang your head against the wall after one too many times. I think Rockstar definitely took some inspiration from it for GTA.

P. S. Peaky Blinders inspired game could be fantastic as well, hmm?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I have never played any of these, so this looks appetizing. It would help bridge the gap until my daily routine is taken over by Cyberpunk.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Just finished the first game and I really enjoyed it. The story is good and setting is fantastic... They did a GREAT job with the city, it looks fantastic and really feels like the 30s, just ashame there isn't much to actually do in it.

The story is good and the characters are really strong, but I felt like it ended a bit... Abruptly? Feels like you go from the height of your gang to it all being over in like 3 missions?