Maguire and Lindelof Partnership

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
You don't know what you're looking at.
I am looking at our defenders pretending to be midfielders and losing the ball. Of course I know what I am looking at. Tuanzebe made a mistake but Lindelof should never be in that position leaving that much space behind.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think it'll be Tuanzebe and Maguire before that long. Lindelof is just so soft physically and aerially and isn't even that good on the ball.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I am looking at our defenders pretending to be midfielders and losing the ball. Of course I know what I am looking at. Tuanzebe made a mistake but Lindelof should never be in that position leaving that much space behind.
You won’t find a single professional footballer, manager, coach or lunch lady that would argue a defender shouldn’t position himself to receive the ball when we are in possession, particularly when he can do it with no opposition player within 10 yards of him. If he doesn’t step into that space, then Tuanzebe is trapped in a corner with nowhere to go.

This isn’t a dangerous position. You simply can’t predict players making such poor passes. And if you did factor that in you would never make it out of your own half. Incredible anyone can genuinely look at this and find fault with the CBS.

ivaldo

Think it'll be Tuanzebe and Maguire before that long. Lindelof is just so soft physically and aerially and isn't even that good on the ball.
Weird time to make that comment. Was very solid today.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Seriously?
That was 110% on Tuanzebe

Ekeke

Seriously?
That was 110% on Tuanzebe
Lindelof made the cardinal error of being drawn to a ball he cant make. It put him in a terrible position and made Arsenal's attack twice as dangerous. If he doesn't try to get the ball and keeps his position its just a normal attack to defend

BlueHaze

I like Maguire so far but Lindelof is an absolute clown. That comical half field pass near the end that ended up an Arsenal throw in sums him up. He looks like a drunken pirate out there and Ole thought it was a good idea extending his contract dear me.

ivaldo

Lindelof made the cardinal error of being drawn to a ball he cant make. It put him in a terrible position and made Arsenal's attack twice as dangerous. If he doesn't try to get the ball and keeps his position its just a normal attack to defend
:lol: He’s already moving forward to receive the pass. Seriously, just give it a rest. Occasionally, you can just not peddle your agenda.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
This isn’t a dangerous position.
So we conceeded a goal from a situation that wasn't even dangerous and yet our defenders were nowhere to be found. That sounds even worse now.

Yakuza_devils

No idea how the goal can be blamed on Lindelof, absolutely shocking comment!

Axel has a lot to learn. In the first half, Pepe was completely unmarked a few times. He also didn't cover the RB position well leading to a few dangerous situation.

Kag

They’re fine. The very least of our problems. If anything, the best part of our first team, which isn’t difficult given the abject lack of quality ahead of them.

flappyjay

So in you mind our fullbacks shouldn't puch up too when we have possession?

ivaldo

So we conceeded a goal from a situation that wasn't even dangerous and yet our defenders were nowhere to be found. That sounds even worse now.
No, it isn’t. If it is, then by default every time we have the ball in our own half is a dangerous position, and therefore our defenders should never offer for the ball on the off chance someone else royally fecks up. And then you’d be bitching about our terrible passing from defence.

SteveW

Lindelof is crap but the goal is on Axel. Any attempt to say otherwise is a bit agenda driven imo

thepolice123

Shocking comments to blame Lindelof for the goal. :houllier:

It was a completely routine situation fecked up in its entirety by Axel.

ivaldo

Shocking comments to blame Lindelof for the goal. :houllier:

It was a completely routine situation fecked up in its entirety by Axel.
It’s the same posters every time. Ekeke is working on a theory to blame Lindelof for The Black Plague. Amar blames him for not predicting the 2008 financial crisis.

SteveW

There's always strange people who try to push agendas. Lindelof is crap but ffs how the hell do people try to blame him for that??

simmee

So stop. :houllier:

Learn how to defend then post, not before
You've proved so many times over the years that you know feck all about defending or even football in general. A team of 5 year olds would outdo you tactically. Stick to your stats.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I am not blaming Lindelof for the goal. I said it was entirely Axel's fault, but I think that attacking mindset of our defenders resulted in them being poorly positioned and leaving far too much space behind. You can't lose a goal from a poor pass after a throw in. Even goalkeepers make a mess out of a pass and it doesn't result in goal every time.

A-man

If we look their performance so far, I would say the central defence have only been involved in 3 goals over the 7 matches.

On Central defence :

Crystal Palace 1st goal- Lindelof misses header, Maguire doesnt cover, should absolutely have been avoided

Southampton- header over Lindelof, could have been avoided but also a great goal

West Ham 1st goal - Maguire could have done better but great goal

Not on Central defence:

Wolverhampton- Longshot after corner, nothing to do with central defence more than the corner was maybe unnecessary from Maguire

Crystal Palace 2nd goal- mainly on DDG, not on central defence

West Ham 2nd goal - freekick, came from poor cooperation between Bissaka and Young, nothing to do with central defence

Arsenal - mistake from Tuanzebe

I think it looks better and better between them and as shown above only three goals conceded which could/should have been avoided by better action from the CBs.

They also look calm under pressure and that was even better with Bissaka and Shaw on the pitch.

I expected more from both of them going forward and playing through the line. Not satisfied with that. Also expected more from Maguire on setpieces. Now every setpiece has targeted him, but with zero outcome.

Irwin99

Our centre back partnership is fine. It's our full back options that are poor, and even at full strength i'm not 100% convinced (AWB aside, who has been very good defensively at least)

Sylar

:lol: those blaming these two for Arsenals goal. Lindelof and Maguire actually took decent positions in terms of receiving the ball. It wasnt even a hard pass to either of them. Mispassing to Maguire is 100% not going to result in a goal. Mispassing to Lindelof has a chance of being a goal, but it requires a first time pass (which happened) and a great finish (which happened).

But its unavoidable if Tuanzebe plays it safe to Maguire or gets a simple pass to Lindelof correct.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If we look their performance so far, I would say the central defence have only been involved in 3 goals over the 7 matches.

On Central defence :

Crystal Palace 1st goal- Lindelof misses header, Maguire doesnt cover, should absolutely have been avoided

Southampton- header over Lindelof, could have been avoided but also a great goal

West Ham 1st goal - Maguire could have done better but great goal

Not on Central defence:

Wolverhampton- Longshot after corner, nothing to do with central defence more than the corner was maybe unnecessary from Maguire

Crystal Palace 2nd goal- mainly on DDG, not on central defence

West Ham 2nd goal - freekick, came from poor cooperation between Bissaka and Young, nothing to do with central defence

Arsenal - mistake from Tuanzebe

I think it looks better and better between them and as shown above only three goals conceded which could/should have been avoided by better action from the CBs.

They also look calm under pressure and that was even better with Bissaka and Shaw on the pitch.

I expected more from both of them going forward and playing through the line. Not satisfied with that. Also expected more from Maguire on setpieces. Now every setpiece has targeted him, but with zero outcome.
Pretty sure Pereira and Matic not closing down Noble on the edge of the box is where that came from. Agree Maguire could have done better though but I don't think thats a goal on the central defence

romufc

Wow. Blaming Lindelof for the goal to push an agenda is ridiculous.

For the posters who say Lindelof is crap, why is that? because he has made 1/2 mistakes and been punished?

But forget that we have looked alot better defensively this season?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The Maguire part of the centre back combo is us sorted for years.
The club seem to think Lindelöf is also a long term certain starter, seemingly against all evidence.

Ekeke

Lindelof is crap but the goal is on Axel. Any attempt to say otherwise is a bit agenda driven imo
Its all 3 CBs. Maguire doesnt need to be that deep, Lindelof needs to stay back instead of trying to collect a ball that wasnt his and Tuanzabe made a poor pass that created the situation. All of them messed up

A-man

Pretty sure Pereira and Matic not closing down Noble on the edge of the box is where that came from. Agree Maguire could have done better though but I don't think thats a goal on the central defence
Yes, more players could to blamed for this and I think this was very well done by West Ham.
You cant avoid all goals.

Wow. Blaming Lindelof for the goal to push an agenda is ridiculous.

For the posters who say Lindelof is crap, why is that? because he has made 1/2 mistakes and been punished?

But forget that we have looked alot better defensively this season?
It is weird to read so many posters saying he is horrible, a clown, can feck off, a pussy, etc. Only Liverpool and Leicester have conceded less goals and there has only been 2 of all conceded goals where Lindelof was involved. He is clearly not popular, probably a mix of his way of playing and because he has taken a place as starter instead of other popular CBs.

A-man

Its all 3 CBs. Maguire doesnt need to be that deep, Lindelof needs to stay back instead of trying to collect a ball that wasnt his and Tuanzabe made a poor pass that created the situation. All of them messed up
I dont think there could be a much simpler pass than to Maguire. Bad decision and poorly executed. Probably a combination of him trying to show that he can play his way out and that he is not used to the strong pressure in the PL.
https://Imgur.com/cCbviRY

AneRu

They made Noble look like prime Zidane there, completely ignored their responsibilities as midfielders.

Devil may care

Agreed, to be honest I'd start Lindelof on Wednesday and Axel on Sunday as I think Joelinton will fancy it against Lindelof.

Ekeke

I dont think there could be a much simpler pass than to Maguire. Bad decision and poorly executed. Probably a combination of him trying to show that he can play his way out and that he is not used to the strong pressure in the PL.
https://Imgur.com/cCbviRY
I dont disagree it was a bad pass. And like I said about Lindelof missing the header leading to Maguire's positional mistake, its the same with Tuanzabe's pass being what put Lindelof and Maguire in the position to fail.

But they still did.

Lindelof was tempted out of position and Maguire was too deep playing the attackers onside.

Then again he's a 21 year old playing one of his first premier league games, filling in at left back instead of his normal role at CB and had played well until that point. Young players without experience are expected to make some mistakes and thats why the older more experienced players are generally played around them. So Maguire and Lindelof should be aware that they are going to have to cover a mistake or two during the match. They didnt manage to this time.