Maguire | he stays!

Strats

Can’t remember anyone else releasing a statement after being stripped off captaincy.

He is a weird bloke.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I have already explained that in my last post, and by the way it isn’t only just 1v1 but also covering the spaces behind him that is another concern.
So where is our superstar DM Casemiro, he's there to negate that possibility as much as is feasible

Losing the ball high up the field IMO means a ball over the top is more likely than a 1v1 with a CB, in a foot race Maguire will lose that of course but that's why we're buying a sweeper keeper to prevent some of that

Is Maguire our best option, no of course he isn't, but he's nowhere near as bad as is made out

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I think it's fairly professional and good he made the statement to be honest. Comes from the horses mouth, so no room for the press to speculate about shite, less articles printed about imagined rifts in the squad etc

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think it's fairly professional and good he made the statement to be honest. Comes from the horses mouth, so no room for the press to speculate about shite, less articles printed about imagined rifts in the squad etc
Could’ve dropped some clown emojis like club legends do, tbf

-Supreme-

So where is our superstar DM Casemiro, he's there to negate that possibility as much as is feasible

Losing the ball high up the field IMO means a ball over the top is more likely than a 1v1 with a CB, in a foot race Maguire will lose that of course but that's why we're buying a sweeper keeper to prevent some of that
r
Is Maguire our best option, no of course he isn't, but he's nowhere near as bad as is made out
You have responded to my post where the poster thinks that Maguire will be a better player when we have Onana in goal, which is completely the opposite game plan and tactics to what he’s been used to playing i.e. low-block and counter attack under DDG and Ole. I don’t understand how you don’t see this? Maguire weaknesses will be more visible under ETH where he expects the team to play a much higher line and defend large open spaces from his defenders.

windycityfan

Another check mark on EtH reconstruction project. Meritocracy is finding its way to this club again. Now let’s find a way to get him to West Ham. He’s a sunk cost at this point.

saivet

I think the statement is fine. The writing is firmly on the wall, if he did truly believe he could break back into the team, surely he doesn't anymore.

Zen

This guy is gonna be harder to drop that Phil Jones. Look how keen his socials are, he loves the badge! No problem as long as he accepts his role now.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Man released a statement to get ahead of him being relegated to bench boy.

Absolutely pathetic player who's got no place at our club. Moyes mentality.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
You have responded to my post where the poster thinks that Maguire will be a better player when we have Onana in goal, which is completely the opposite game plan and tactics to what he’s been used to playing i.e. low-block and counter attack under DDG and Ole. I don’t understand how you don’t see this?
Because you assume he can't adapt because you've only ever seen him play in one type of scenario, I've been watching football a very long time and I've seen how far worse players than Maguire have adapted to a different way of playing, is he capable of doing so, I've no idea but I don't discount the possibility that he could

Yakuza_devils

We need Southgate to come out and say something to encourage Maguire to find a club where he can play week in week out.

-Supreme-

Because you assume he can't adapt because you've only ever seen him play in one type of scenario, I've been watching football a very long time and I've seen how far worse players than Maguire have adapted to a different way of playing, is he capable of doing so, I've no idea but I don't discount the possibility that he could
Can you explain then how Maguire will become a better player with Onana in goal? And why do you think ETH doesn’t rate him?

reelworld

Don't really understand why anyone would have an issue with the statement.
Better to have this out first than it being a huge speculation in the media

glasgow 21

How often do you need to be slapped on the face to decide the guy sitting at the table next to you is just going to keep slapping you? After many last saloons the Sevilla game was the final, final, final straw for me. Anything other than being a jinx for our team, is not up for debate.

Fooza

Extremely disappointed? When everyone knows he hasn't even been part of our first time for quite sometime, he's seriously living in cloud cuckoo land. big ego...

humdinger

He’s leaving, just a bit of PR going round. He’d do very well at West Ham. Not much wrong with his statement either, but he’s at the point now where everything he does will be criticised.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Don't really understand why anyone would have an issue with the statement.
Better to have this out first than it being a huge speculation in the media
It’s this bit “I will continue to give my all every time I wear the shirt” when it’s clear that we want him to leave and recycle the money - he needs to learn to read the room a bit.

Abraxas

Can’t remember anyone else releasing a statement after being stripped off captaincy.

He is a weird bloke.
I think your comment is weirder than the statement.

It's just common sense in this day and age to be straight forward and release the information because everything ends up with microanalysis if it is left in the open. Now that topic ends there and then with that release of information. Best for all concerned.

klayton88

He's that shit that won't flush that requires the emergency bucket full of water.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I think your comment is weirder than the statement.

It's just common sense in this day and age to be straight forward and release the information because everything ends up with microanalysis if it is left in the open. Now that topic ends there and then with that release of information. Best for all concerned.
Nah, the weird behaviour is stuff like the quoted and people defending Maguire.

If another big club's failed captain did this, we'd make fun of them day and night.

Robertd0803

Statement is fine, maybe an agreement between him and club.

Misguided delusion that theres a place for him still at the club on the other hand.....needs to read the room.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
How often do you need to be slapped on the face to decide the guy sitting at the table next to you is just going to keep slapping you? After many last saloons the Sevilla game was the final, final, final straw for me. Anything other than being a jinx for our team, is not up for debate.
And perhaps I think that the jinx on the team maybe supporters like you, the purpose of a forum is debate, not what you or I think

Rake

Yeah I don’t get why people are hating on him for this. It’s like he can’t do anything right to some people.
I just thought that it should be the club that announces such things and he should comment afterwards, unless he received explicit permission to do so.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I just thought that it should be the club that announces such things and he should comment afterwards, unless he received explicit permission to do so.
Perhaps, I’m just assuming he’s been given the green light to do so.