g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Maguire | he stays!

caid

Please take that. 30m and his wages gone is a nice lift off our books and we can instantly grab Todibo for around that price who is the ideal replacement.
We wont actually get any money from it. 28m will be written off for amortization. 10m off wage bill though, i guess theres that.

worldinmotion66

You lot are fecking brutal. He’s an experienced international and our fourth choice, maybe even fifth choice centre back. £30m is probably fair but we won’t be able to replace his quality for that amount, we’d be buying potential or no PL experience, which is always a risk. Given his wages I’d accept the offer, but the way you all talk about him is an embarrassment. He’s not suited to our football style now but he’s still a good player and he’ll prove that at West Ham

Idxomer

It needs to be accepted but I don't trust the decision makers at United.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We wont actually get any money from it. 28m will be written off for amortization. 10m off wage bill though, i guess theres that.
Pretty sure that’s not how it works.

the_cliff

You lot are fecking brutal. He’s an experienced international and our fourth choice, maybe even fifth choice centre back. £30m is probably fair but we won’t be able to replace his quality for that amount, we’d be buying potential or no PL experience, which is always a risk. Given his wages I’d accept the offer, but the way you all talk about him is an embarrassment. He’s not suited to our football style now but he’s still a good player and he’ll prove that at West Ham
Agreed. Which is why it's probably already been rejected.

I reckon we can probably get 35-40 for him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Agreed. Which is why it's probably already been rejected.

I reckon we can probably get 35-40 for him.
You’re not getting 40m for a 5th choice CB on 200k a week. Come on now

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Choice has to do with manager's tactics and preferences. I find him an easily more established CB than Lindelof or Shaw.

Trex

Consider age, poor performance and his wage.

the_cliff

I'd take the 30m just to get it over and done with tbh, it's become far too toxic. It's not worth the extra weeks it will probably take to haggle the 5-10 extra but the fact of the matter is in todays market he is worth 40m. We'll struggle to get a cb comparable to him in terms of experience for 40m.

Moyes also wants to play 3 at the back, Maguire in the 3 is a good player.

Trex

Consider age, poor performance and his wage.

Roux

Of course we can - we can actually get someone better/younger too. Timber was £34m and Disasi not much more than that.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
We can get more for him, they’ve gone straight from £20million to £30million and they’re other PL clubs interested.

£30million is the absolute minimum.

Strelok

Don't wanna be hearing no 'wants to stay and fight for his place' bollocks
I don't like booing but hope that will help him to realise he has no place here anymore. No club in this world would like a 5th choice CB on 200k a week even those oil clubs.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
As they used to yell in the 60s game show Take Your Pick: "Take the money". It's £30m, with the added benefit that he'll be gone... also if we do the deal, they might come back for someone else

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
30m feels massively top end to me but it's clear Moyes really wants him and it feels like we finally have a game plan in terms of transfers. We are going to be *super* defensive which may mask his mistakes like you see with England.

I will reserve my opinion on the final deal once we have a better idea of wages. I can't imagine it will be beyond 150k, but even that feels about 30-50k too high, especially if its more than 3 years which is as far as I'd personally stretch.

CM

We need to snap their hands off, we won't get a better price than that.

fergosaurus

£30m is fair, we could maybe squeeze another few million out of them but I'd be more than happy to accept their offer. He's 30 now and hasn't been in good form for quite some time.

zenith

Take it and run.

But just it out there. What if Maguire himself rejects the move, thinks the clubs are not prestigious enough and refuses any compromise on wages and believes he wants to fight for his plans

Does he then deserve the stick he is getting from the fans?

Chief123

30m feels massively top end to me but it's clear Moyes really wants him and it feels like we finally have a game plan in terms of transfers. We are going to be *super* defensive which may mask his mistakes like you see with England.

I will reserve my opinion on the final deal once we have a better idea of wages. I can't imagine it will be beyond 150k, but even that feels about 30-50k too high, especially if its more than 3 years which is as far as I'd personally stretch.
Tbh as someone who can’t wait to see the back of him, I genuinely think he’ll do well at West Ham simply because he will fit into that system perfectly. When there’s not much space in behind to expose him and he has protection in front of him, he’ll be a solid player for you. He’ll do well bringing the ball out of the back and pinging long balls.

ShinjiNinja26

I understand the meaning of the phrase, but it makes no sense at all.

Why would you bite off the hand of someone whose same hand is literally holding a gift for you?
You ever seen a dog so eager to get a treat that it bites the hand of whoever’s feeding them in the process? Well it’s like that.