g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Maguire | he stays!

Strelok

This kind of money would be absolutely outstanding business. A lot more than I thought we would be getting. I'd immediately ship them, before West Ham change their mind.
Same here. In fact I'm ready to give them Maguire for free given his wages. Really good business if we could sell him and McT for that money.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Didn't think we'd sell both McTominay AND Fred. Presumably we must have a replacement lined up and waiting if that's the case

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Yet I provided you a report that says Moyes wanted him and United decided against it - and similarly there are reports that Mourinho wanted Maguire - and again, United decided against it - which caused you to start writing fan-fiction I’m not interested in reading.
Seems a bit strange that, considering the fact that Moyes says the complete opposite, that he didn’t need a defender due to the players we had available and that he didn’t try to bring him to United. Moyes even highlights the importance of Maguire needing to reach a point in his career where he was ready for the move, and that moving at a younger age could’ve had a detrimental effect on his career. If reading still isn’t for you, then i suggest you watch the video In the hope that it might help.

Mourinho clearly wanted Maguire, he’s said so himself, and the club clearly went against him, which is quite logical given the overall circumstances. One quite obvious circumstance being that we had just spent well over £60mill to sign Bailly and Lindelof, the latter the same summer as Leicester signed Maguire for £12mill without much actual competition, and we were looking at having to break the british transfer record to bring him in. Shame Mourinho didn’t fancy him then.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Would aim for higher but it's not a bad fee. He's England's #1 CB.

Hughes35

30-35 Mill is what I valued him at at the start of the summer. Sounds like he will be leaving which is great news.