Maguire | he stays!

I know this sounds rather bizarre but I would rather sell Lindelof before him. But yeah i know no one is interested in Lindelof yet but who knows if we put him on the market

He's not shit. Also he'd be an automatic starter at Spurs or Chelsea.
Like feck he would. He is quite shit to be honest and not only in defence but when in possession too, guy always has to make 5 touches to pass the ball to the next person slowing everything down.

Glazers liquidating assets before the sell just to take the money with them.

We should get £30m surely? He's England's best CB for feck's sake.

From Villa in Jan we should be asking for 50 million euro. They are desperate.

He isn't worth that but we should be fleecing people when we have the power

He is surplus to requirements and way down the pecking order. ~£40m would be amazing but I'd be happy with anything over £30m.

Isn't there a golf course near their training ground and he was spotted playing there as well I think. So maybe nothing

Like feck he would. He is quite shit to be honest and not only in defence but when in possession too, guy always has to make 5 touches to pass the ball to the next person slowing everything down.

:lol:

I hope that the money generated will be reinvested in the team

Sell him for 30-50 million since Villa aate rich and desperate.

Loan Weghorst and Felix. Maybe an option or obligation to buy Felix as well if we could negotiate a top deal.

That's a good window. We'd be a much improved squad for it. It makes so much sense.

From Villa in Jan we should be asking for 50 million euro. They are desperate.

He isn't worth that but we should be fleecing people when we have the power

The guy's barely got a game all season and has been recently benched by our full back. Not sure how much power we have here.

That’s his brother sat across from him, who is on the transfer list at Chesterfield. I think it’s more likely that he might be going to Solihull than Harry to Villa. If you squint a bit, that looks like Neal Ardley sat next to Laurence Maguire too

He’s never struck me as having the mentality nor the enjoyment of being at a big club imo. Pressure clearly gets to him. He’s better suited to being in a smaller pond.

He’s never struck me as having the mentality nor the enjoyment of being at a big club imo. Pressure clearly gets to him. He’s better suited to being in a smaller pond.

I think he'll suit a team playing with defensive tactics.

I know this sounds rather bizarre but I would rather sell Lindelof before him. But yeah i know no one is interested in Lindelof yet but who knows if we put him on the market
You're not wrong. Maguire is a good option to have when the opposition bring on an additional forward late in the game, especially one with good aerial ability. Lindelof is most certainly the worst in that respect.

Would be good if we get £30M+ for him and free up his wages. Wont have to see him come on at 85 minutes and puth the armband on :lol:

If he goes, there's a lot of pressure on Varane to stay fit.

5 touches, 8 steps and at least 2 finger pointings.

It's not like he's completely useless as a footballer in general.
with less pressure, some confidence boost and playing for a team that wishes to sit back and deal with crosses,
he can be mediocre-to-good.

If we can move him on for whatever price, please do

Said in one of the other Maguire threads that he'd be a good fit at somewhere like Villa. They've got money to burn and he's definitely better than Tyrone Mings. Let's see what happens

After the quotes of Hag questioning United's recruitment in recent times, Maguire is outta the door.

They have a good manager who likes playing defensively solid, counter attacking football. They have plenty of money. They have pretty naff central defensive options.

Will wait until there's some real confirmation before celebrating, but if we get even half decent money for him, that's a win for all parties, surely.