Maguire | he stays!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Not a fan of sunday news, but this is interesting, not to mention a logical thing to do.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
From Villa in Jan we should be asking for 50 million euro. They are desperate.

He isn't worth that but we should be fleecing people when we have the power
What are we desperate for? Our backline needs improving but we've conceded less goals than the likes of Brentford and Fulham and only one less than Spurs and Brighton.

Would've taken Maguire two years ago but he's lost plenty lately and just looks cumbersome now.

I would say if the deal is right likes of Everton, West Ham and Leicester would need him more with all their backline issues. He'd also do well in Serie A as that seems a rehabilitation league for Man. United squad players who've lost their way.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
We better get at least 30m, he’d do very well at Villa. His sort of football.
Anything less than 50 would be a terrible sale. He’s kind of the defender version of Lukaku, he might not be your cup of tea but there’s a lot of clubs out there who fancy it.

Man-United

Aston Villa is a massive club as well, but I hope Maguire will get time there.

PSV

Can see Villa paying £15-20m unless there's a second team interested and a bidding war erupts.

With us looking to offload it's not like playing hardball would be a great move on our part.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Can see Villa paying £15-20m unless there's a second team interested and a bidding war erupts.

With us looking to offload it's not like playing hardball would be a great move on our part.
He’s easily worth double that.

Man-United

What teams can he join then? He's banned from Greece for example.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Varane/Martinez/Lindelof/Shaw/Jones/Casemiro/McTominay can all play CB. I'd say we have enough cover to get rid.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Irrespective of his player quality, there is a bit of a risk here — we’ll be left with 3 (4 if you count Shaw I guess) CBs with a lot of football still to cram in this season. You can add Casemiro in there if you really want but then you’ve got the same sort of shortage in midfield.

It is weird how we’ve gone from being so bloated to having quite a thin squad in the last year or two

Irwin99

Could be good for both parties although we're placing a lot of faith in Varane staying fit. Having said that, Shaw, Casemiro and even Mctom can do a job if an injury crisis hits.

Bruno as the new captain is pretty nice :drool:

EliotTheRed

As others have said he’s needed as back up here, I’d rather he stayed until the summer. However, if someone daft comes in offering £40-£50m then it might be best to sell now.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Anything less than 50 would be a terrible sale. He’s kind of the defender version of Lukaku, he might not be your cup of tea but there’s a lot of clubs out there who fancy it.
Its a question of tactics. If you put Maguire in a team that defends deep, or has a very defensive set up like Southgate's England, he looks good.

How many teams that can afford him at £50m play like that though? Villa has got money. Although, with Maguire, its very much a buyer's market. None of the other clubs with money will be jumping into this two footed.

I'd take half of £50m, no questions asked, if we can get it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We won't be letting a centre back go with our schedule.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
We could recall Bailly before he he gets imprisoned for murdering someone
:lol: That's one way to get the fear factor back :D

Teden Mengi's injury against Betis wasn't as bad as they thought at the start too (according to news 3 weeks ago) so he might be back before the end of the season!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Varane/Martinez/Lindelof/Shaw/Jones/Casemiro/McTominay can all play CB. I'd say we have enough cover to get rid.
We have Tuanzebe too. For 5th choice defender he is good enough.

I love ETH. He is best thing happened to this club in last 10 years. But regarding Maguire he is wrong. I get that he wants depth but keeping a player on huge wage for whom we can get decent fee, just for squad depth is a bad business.

PSV

He’s easily worth double that.
I think that's a bit English bias to be honest. With the exception of Dan James we've notoriously let players go way below market value.

Transfermarkt has him at €30m which is £25m or so. Depends if we're actively offloading or someone for some reason absolutely wants him.

saivet

Like feck he would. He is quite shit to be honest and not only in defence but when in possession too, guy always has to make 5 touches to pass the ball to the next person slowing everything down.
He definitely would at Spurs. They play a back 3 and with Romero nailed on to start he'd been competing with Tangaga, Sanchez, Dier, Lenglet and Ben Davies for one of the other two CB spots.

Perhaps Conte and Spurs fans would prefer to sign someone else but Maguire would start for them with their current squad.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don’t think he goes in January, we don’t have enough depth

Dannn411

They just saw the news of him being in Birmingham and fashioned a story out of it. I kick myself everyday for not becoming a sports journalist.

Berbaclass

I think that's a bit English bias to be honest. With the exception of Dan James we've notoriously let players go way below market value.

Transfermarkt has him at €30m which is £25m or so. Depends if we're actively offloading or someone for some reason absolutely wants him.
He was in the World Cup team of the tournament

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If true ETH hasn't wasted any time in getting rid of players he really doesn't want has he :keano:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
If he does join them then good luck to him, never understood the vitriol he received
It's because he was completely shite for extended periods of time and single-handedly caused us to concede handfuls of goals. His passing is so infuriatingly slow that it slows down the entire team, and he never makes himself available to receive a pass which stresses everyone in defence. He also has a big gormless, gowly looking head on him that looks like it's crying out for a little slapeen. Similar to Harry Kane and Phil Foden.

RedDevilRoshi

Does this have any truth or is just being based of a random blokes/womens insta post?

Mmm-Qatarian

I don't think I buy this story but it's probably best for all parties that he's moved on fairly promptly. I think we'll need to replace him though; Martinez, Varane and Lindelof isn't enough depth at centre half and Shaw is too valuable at left back to have him playing there regularly.

Berbaclass

I heard rumours somewhere that Southampton wanted to possibly recall Bednarek from loan at Villa also.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Get rid now if a 35-50m bid comes in, We can use that to lunch a bid for Timber or look for a loan signing somewhere for cover.