Maguire | he stays!

BorisManUtd

I don't think he's going anywhere this month. Ten Hag wants to improve squad depth right now, not worsen it. Maguire will be important for us until end of the season, different kind of defender that could be important in some type of situations and we know Varane gets injured often.

One thing Maguire will probably be frustrated about (if he doesn't start in most games) is he's just had solid World Cup and being on the bench after that isn't greatest outcome. But with amount of games we should have he'll start in some I'm sure, then perhaps leave for a club like Villa.

Withnail

Varane/Martinez/Lindelof/Shaw/Casemiro/McTominay/Tuanzabe/Jones/Mengi is a lot of potential CBs to have in the squad. Could probably stand to get rid of a few more.
You can't go listing off our midfielders, fullbacks, perenially injured reserves and kids to claim we have depth at CB.

We absolutely do not have depth at CB but this story was clearly bollox from the start anyway.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
You can't go listing off our midfielders, fullbacks, perenially injured reserves and kids to claim we have depth at CB.

We absolutely do not have depth at CB but this story was clearly bollox from the start anyway.
But...they...are...depth. I'd go as far as arguing it improves us getting rid :D. Sadly it does appear to be bollocks though.

Tony247

You want depth or you want death?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
They could do with him tonight, drawing at home to Stevenage

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
They clearly need a defensive juggernaut like the United captain. We only ask for £60m

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
stevenage might have just netted us another 10m.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
They’re about to get dumped out the cup by Stevenage….there’s never a better time to dangle England No.1 Centre Back Harry Maguire in front of them

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
We have Tuanzebe too. For 5th choice defender he is good enough.

I love ETH. He is best thing happened to this club in last 10 years. But regarding Maguire he is wrong. I get that he wants depth but keeping a player on huge wage for whom we can get decent fee, just for squad depth is a bad business.
I think ETH wants a striker badly. By selling his 5th choice Center Back he may get enough to buy a 1st choice striker. Nice trade off.

Withnail

But...they...are...depth
In an ideal world with no injuries maybe but you're having a laugh with Jones/Mengi/Tuanzebe. Two lads who can't stay fit and a kid who isn't anywhere near ready.

Shaw and Casemiro are first choice in their positions and McT isn't trusted to start at CM at the moment, let alone CB.

We should have four first team quality CBs in the squad which we arguably don't even have at the minute. Get rid of Maguire along with the very real possibility of an injury to Varane and you've got Lindelof playing every week. Another injury to a CB or when Lindelof needs a rest and you're pulling Casemiro or Shaw out of their preferred position. That would leave us with no Casemiro in midfield which would be an absolute disaster or no backup LB.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think ETH wants a striker badly. By selling his 5th choice Center Back he may get enough to buy a 1st choice striker. Nice trade off.
That is what i am talking about. After spending 200 mil you can't demand more money for attacker while blocking big transfer for your 5th choice defender (who even doesn't fit for your system and will be sold in summer window).
If money from Maguire's sale will not be transfered for attacker.....then fair enough.

Big Ray

Lads he's not going anywhere. Calm down.
Please don’t kill my hope!! If Shaw can cover centre back then Williams can deputise for malacia if things go south. Not ideal but maybe it’s whats needed to do to get a striker in? What’s Maguire worth now anyway? £30-40m?

Big Ray

In an ideal world with no injuries maybe but you're having a laugh with Jones/Mengi/Tuanzebe. Two lads who can't stay fit and a kid who isn't anywhere near ready.

Shaw and Casemiro are first choice in their positions and McT isn't trusted to start at CM at the moment, let alone CB.

We should have four first team quality CBs in the squad which we arguably don't even have at the minute. Get rid of Maguire along with the very real possibility of an injury to Varane and you've got Lindelof playing every week. Another injury to a CB or when Lindelof needs a rest and you're pulling Casemiro or Shaw out of their preferred position. That would leave us with no Casemiro in midfield which would be an absolute disaster or no backup LB.
I’d love to see him go but this makes too much sense.

RopersReturn

Would that be enough to convince the board and perhaps more importantly Maguire himself, to seek a move though? He’d be on a lot less wherever he ends up moving.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Ah well. Talkshite chancer obviously saw he'd been near Birmingham somewhere and made it up based off of nothing but that.

Put him firmly in 'talks out of his arse' tier for future refence.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
They are paid to play Footballl not deal with any abuse. It's a bit weak to invoke our cruel world when we create and maintain cruelty.
That's why I like to DM abuse to them on Instagram. Really make them earn that wage.
:lol: - yeah I’m not laughing at them or your responses, but rather the wit/sarcasm behind them.

I’m not arguing what you’re saying, at all. And it’s not right (as I said), but it’s the world we live in and “famous” people have to be able to deal with it. Not sure if they get the training or not, but yeah, they should because I don’t see it getting any better.

Scholsey2004

He's obviously negotiating with clubs for a summer transfer then if nothing is happening right now. I wouldnt be surprised if he's spotted having dinner in Newcastle with his agent in the near future as well.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I do find it a bit interested that as soon as Maguire is rumored out — the club shuts down the rumor instantly. When everyone had Ronaldo requesting a transfer in the summer — nothing was said despite Ronaldo never wanting out. Then it was just said ‘the club doesn’t comment on rumors and speculation’. :)