Maguire | he stays!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If he does join them then good luck to him, never understood the vitriol he received
While I think it's been a bit horrible the treatment he's had, you must understand it? Last season must have been one of the worst seasons on record for a centre back at a top team.

jasT1981

I hope he goes on to have a good career after Utd if he does go. He is a good player, but he just hasn't been the same since that incident in Greece a few years back. He doesn't fit well with the Utd team, but could fit in well elsewhere.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Varane/Martinez/Lindelof/Shaw/Casemiro/McTominay/Tuanzabe/Jones/Mengi is a lot of potential CBs to have in the squad. Could probably stand to get rid of a few more.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
You know this because?
Just basic logic. We're scrambling around for back up strikers for pennies and you think we're going to sell a perfectly usable back up CB to get rinsed in the January market for another?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Never understand the posters who cannot “understand” why player x receives such harsh criticism over social (or any other) media.

They’re in the spotlight ffs. And they get compensated to deal with the “abuse” because it’s inevitable - moreso in this day and age as well. It might not be right but it’s part of the parcel. Even Messi/Ronaldo has to put up with it - the greater the exposure (& assuming earnings), the more you have to put up with it. So yeah, it’s a cruel world but we all live in it.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Why on earth would anyone go to Brum if it weren't for potentially signing for Villa?
apparently after his impressive cameo against everton, his missus said he could take her up the bum. he misheard and ended up in the midlands.

mav_9me

Like feck he would. He is quite shit to be honest and not only in defence but when in possession too, guy always has to make 5 touches to pass the ball to the next person slowing everything down.
I mean Eric dier is a starter for Spurs. Surely Maguire is better than him.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
So useless you think Villa want him as a starter but we'll find someone better for cheaper in January to sit on our bench. Makes sense.
You're saying we couldn't buy a backup CB for 20-30 million that would be better suited to us than Maguire :houllier:

mav_9me

I don't see why Villa would buy in Jan. Maybe Maguire wants to leave now but what's in it for Villa to get him now as opposed to summer?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Never understand the posters who cannot “understand” why player x receives such harsh criticism over social (or any other) media.

They’re in the spotlight ffs. And they get compensated to deal with the “abuse” because it’s inevitable - moreso in this day and age as well. It might not be right but it’s part of the parcel. Even Messi/Ronaldo has to put up with it - the greater the exposure (& assuming earnings), the more you have to put up with it. So yeah, it’s a cruel world but we all live in it.
They are paid to play Footballl not deal with any abuse. It's a bit weak to invoke our cruel world when we create and maintain cruelty.

buckooo1978

i haven't seen any credible source for any of this....

wait until you see Ornstein or someone similar before getting too excited

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

That's why I like to DM abuse to them on Instagram. Really make them earn that wage.

GioF

Varane/Martinez/Lindelof/Shaw/Jones/Casemiro/McTominay can all play CB. I'd say we have enough cover to get rid.
Lindelof is shockingly bad though so when Varane inevitably gets injured I would rather Maguire over Lindelof.

Shaw, Casemiro and McTominay can play there in a pinch but I wouldn’t fancy it for a sustained period of time.

Only way I would sell would be a ‘can’t refuse’ type deal. £40m or their abouts. This bollocks of £15mil or loan would be horrendous business.