g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Maguire | he stays!

Alemar

Southgate brought him to the WC despite being more or less benched by Ten Hag since the Brentford game last August so wouldn't be surprised if kept picking him
I think ETH will be furious and discontinue selecting him for games (maybe opting for Evans if we don’t get a new one).

hobbers

If Maguires greed denies us this deal he deserves to be booed every miserable game-costing touch. Which is often all of them.

InfiniteBoredom

Southgate brought him to the WC despite being more or less benched by Ten Hag since the Brentford game last August so wouldn't be surprised if kept picking him
There’s a big difference between friendlies and qualifiers against minnows to actual tournament. As much as Southgate fancies ‘Arry and his forehead, going into the Euro with him warming his arse on the bench for an entire season will be very risky both from a sporting and PR point of view.

Maguire will move on, he already did, if reports are true.

Plastic Evra

I thought this could happen. This is his last mega contract. Go to West Ham and he has to make do with a mere 100k a week.
It's been reported United agreed for a lost wage compensation package of 6m£.
Source of that last tweet a little dodgy so readers beware.

van Nistelrooy

Always too good to be true.

He'll end up seeing out his contract with us, maybe even getting an extension knowing us.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It's been reported United agreed for a lost wage compensation package of 6m£.
Source of that last tweet a little dodgy so readers beware.
Yeah I’m sure I read it as well. WHU agreed a wage of £120k pw, so we’re sort of compensating him for the £70k difference for the 2 years remaining - or whatever the exact negotiated amount was (£6m in your case).

James35

He has to be going surely. He’s a fecking liability and we all know it.

Hopefully though there is no truth in this, but maybe we’ll hear more about it in the Sunday rags tomorrow morning.

Not signing a new DM and CB because McTominay, Donny and Maguire stay would be a right kick in the sack.

Wilt

Maybe a bit of personal and professional pride?
Don‘t see how moving to West Ham would maintain his pride.

While he’s obviously not wanted at Utd, he’s perfectly within his rights to see out his (ridiculous) contract. If Utd want him out they need to pay him off.

Don’t particularly want him at Utd, but wouldn’t blame him if he stays. In his position most would probably do the same.

Red_toad

Don‘t see how moving to West Ham would maintain his pride.

While he’s obviously not wanted at Utd, he’s perfectly within his rights to see out his (ridiculous) contract. If Utd want him out they need to pay him off.

Don’t particularly want him at Utd, but wouldn’t blame him if he stays. In his position most would probably do the same.
They’re already paying him off. Do keep up :rolleyes:

Anustart89

I'd have him train with the reserves if he refused to move. Take the fecking hint, mate.

James_42

If the transfer falls apart because of his wages the abuse he will receive will be crazy.

sugar_kane

At this point it’s reminding me of the Seinfeld episode where George won’t quit his job even though his employers are doing absolutely everything they can to drive him out.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Maguire has a very hefty PR team behind him and when they want info released, it's done en masse making it very clear it's from Maguire's camp. It is never info dropped from a solitary Twitter account of little to no repute.

This is someone trying to drum up negativity towards the player, perhaps in a bid to hasten the transfer (from their perspective) or to get clicks themselves.

Even if they had a scoop, it wouldn't take this long for other media sources to piggyback and release their own info.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Be prepared to have Maguire staying here until end of his contract...

bringbackbebe

As much as I hate Maguire as the next ignorant CAF poster, I think some of the posts here are truly ridiculous. Expecting him to take a 40% paycut just because we were stupid enough to hand out this ludicrous contract is lack of professionalism beyond belief. Imagine if this happened to you or your loved ones at work?

It is perfectly within Maguire's rights to say no to lower terms and I'd fully support his decision, although I'd never want him playing for our club again.

zenith

Not sure about the source but if true and that's a big if. I don't have any sympathy when he is booed by match going fans and abused by online ones.

Greed comes at a cost

lysglimt

Scout
I read somewhere that this had nothing to do with Maguire, but it was actually West Hams sporting director who didnt want to sign Maguire and had gone against Moyes.

SmallCaine

I know shitting on maguire is a cool thing to do now but people should atleast wait for a source better than a guy who sells transfer news on patreon.

kaku06

Vulgarian
As much as I hate Maguire as the next ignorant CAF poster, I think some of the posts here are truly ridiculous. Expecting him to take a 40% paycut just because we were stupid enough to hand out this ludicrous contract is lack of professionalism beyond belief. Imagine if this happened to you or your loved ones at work?

It is perfectly within Maguire's rights to say no to lower terms and I'd fully support his decision, although I'd never want him playing for our club again.
100% agreed. Just an example, all I’m hearing throughout the summer that mbappe is doing nothing wrong. He’s within his rights to do whatever he’s doing. Fulfilling the contract etc. it’s PSG’s fault by giving him that contract. Now when Maguire is also fulfilling the contract and doesn’t want to take a pay cut, people are having none of it. Hilarious.

Marcus

Maguire has the legal right to stay. Everything else requires negotiation and agreement.

jeepers

I read somewhere that this had nothing to do with Maguire, but it was actually West Hams sporting director who didnt want to sign Maguire and had gone against Moyes.
At least he’s doing his job. Who would sign Maguire for £30m when the likes of Lukeba and Sutalo are going for less than that.

gajender

Relax Guys it will get done its highly amusing how easily United's fan base gets riled up even by Garbage source like this one .

GoldanoGraham

Maguire has the legal right to stay. Everything else requires negotiation and agreement.
Probably some truth in that…….don’t reckon Moyes will last to Xmas and then the new manager will be stuck with Maguire

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Remove his locker from the dressing room, send to the reserves

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It doesn't make sense. All the approach and agreement were through the Club. It wasn't Moyes doing all those.

AndySmith1990

Obviously nonsense. Moyes doesn't negotiate and put in bids for West Ham. If their sporting director were against it they wouldn't have bid in the first place. All it takes is a tiny bit of critical thinking to realise a lot of the shit posted on twitter is exactly that; shit