Maguire injury

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
The other possibility is sacrificing Greenwood, and starting like this.

------Cavani-----Rashford
----------------Bruno
Telles---Fred----McTominay---AWB
--------Shaw-----Lindelof-----Axel

See how the first half goes before bringing Pogba on, and Mason around 70.
I'm not a huge fan of fecking about with formations, let alone in a final.

That said, the above with Martial instead of Cavani beat PSG away. Villarreal play 4-4-2 so fielding a 3-5-2 is not a bad idea at all. Would swap Cavani and Rashford.

It's far too defensive a start though with McFred in the middle. Sensible away to PSG, but Villarreal in a final? I could see the game being pretty deadlocked and there's a risk we would react too late to conceding.

How about Fred sitting behind Pogba and Bruno instead? I know we can "do it later" but would much rather not.

Nori-

We've really missed him the last 2 games.

I hope our attackers can finish off the game early in the Europa Cup final because if it comes down to a tight match where defences will be the difference, then I think we could be in some trouble.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Fair point. I know its more football manager style, but I'd nearly play Mctominay as the middle man in the back 3, shift Lingard to the rcb, drop Axel, and play Pogba beside Fred.
If you were to do that you probably want to do it with Matic, not McTominay.

Would also rather move Lindelof left so you can have Shaw as the LWB rather than drop Tuanzebe for the hell of it.

Agree Pogba should start. If we are worried about our defence we should be taking the game to them, not the other way around.

Red00012

Please be playing mind games Ole, we need Maguire to play, he’s the glue in our defence, easily among the top CB’s in the league.
I doubt it’s mind games to be honest , there’s no way you recover from ankle ligament damage that quickly

Cast5

I doubt it’s mind games to be honest , there’s no way you recover from ankle ligament damage that quickly
I know mate, let’s just a hope a miracle happens. We have 5 subs, take him off at half time if have to.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ill play Bailly over Tuanzebe. At least hes familiar with La Liga teams.

yamo123x

Reading some of these posts in this thread I really can't see what people are seeing in Maguire, in my opinion he has been mostly awful this season.

I think a 60yo Steve Bruce would have played better than him this season & Maguire has to be one of the worst captains we have ever had.

If Robbo was dead he'd be spinning in his grave watching Maguire trying to command a penalty box, no wonder we have conceded so many goals from corners this season with him as our "star" defender & captain.
Another Maguire hater.

He has had 2 or 3 poor games, and made 2 or 3 errors, for a season as long as it has been with no rest i think he has done well, how our fans can criticise him is beyond me.

We miss him when he is not there for sure.

UTD_Since_1978

Another Maguire hater.

He has had 2 or 3 poor games, and made 2 or 3 errors, for a season as long as it has been with no rest i think he has done well, how our fans can criticise him is beyond me.

We miss him when he is not there for sure.
I don't hate Maguire, I just hate that he plays rubbish for UTD in a lot of games, he has had a lot more errors & poor games for UTD than a mere 2 or 3. If you think he is a decent CB then your standards are very low.

As for the other CBs, Lindy is awful also, Bailly is average & injury prone, Jones is even worse & Tuanzebe has done just about ok but hasn't had a run of games to really judge him.

If we win the PL or CL with Maguire as a regular I would be mega surprised.

Last edited: