Maguire | NOT McGuire or MacGuire

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
There's no problem with it but it's borderline meaningless. Is Ramos down to earth you reckon? I'm sure Smalling and Jones are down to earth too.
Surely you realise that being down to earth is just one of many qualities that a top player needs, amongst other things, but it’s still vitally important. We have seen a hell of a lot of exceptionally talented players waste that ability because they are too busy, drinking, partying, being unprofessional etc, that isn’t a risk with Maguire.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
He was absolutely fantastic when he was at Hull, easily the best player we’ve had play for us in years. He’s a better version of Jones fewer brain farts and less likely to be injured.

Edit: You know what’ll happen if he joined United...

Classical Mechanic

Nice side-step.
It isn't a side-step. Scouting reports include detailed reports on a player's character so what he said was valid within the context of the thread.

Your initial contribution was pathetic. I don't really see why you are laughing at someone when your own posting is of such low quality.

Jordan_mufc

It seems people are going with the narrative of "Oh he's English, therefore he must be overrated and we are watching his performances with rose-tinted glasses".

When, in my opinion, some of his performances were of the highest-class. Strong in the air, good with his feet, cool temperament and seemed like he was never flustered.

Sign him up

Minimalist

It isn't a side-step. Scouting reports include detailed reports on a player's character so what he said was valid within the context of the thread.

Your initial contribution was pathetic. I don't really see why you are laughing at someone when your own posting is of such low quality.
:lol: Jesus christ. Fecking lighten up.

eggwithsideburns

Think he has lapses and a mistake in him but so does Jones, Maguire would be a nice upgrade still.

cyberman

Not for me. Neither so I want Pickford or Jordan Henderson.
There's no point in spending 50m on McGuire when we have Smalling in our squad. Lindelof had a good world cup and nobody seems to want him as a starter for us.
We need to be signing clear upgrades to raise our standards, this would just seem like a holding pattern to me.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Seems we'll have to let WC tensions die down a bit before some Scots and Irish United fans will speak approvingly of a member of the England squad. Get the 3rd place game out the way and then they can just view players as potential United signings without seeing a white shirt.

Maguire looks a massive upgrade on the likes of Jones and Smalling to me. If Jose wants him that'll do me.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
There's no point in spending 50m on McGuire when we have Smalling in our squad. Lindelof had a good world cup and nobody seems to want him as a starter for us.
We need to be signing clear upgrades and raise our standards.
He would be an upgrade, not to an elite level but better than everyone else we have.

Who out there is better and available?

Judas

Open to offers
We need to be signing clear upgrades to raise our standards, this would just seem like a holding pattern to me.
You think Smalling is as good or better? Really?

Maguire has bags of potential, its an obvious upgrade on Smalling.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I rather have Maguire for £50 million than a much older Alderweireld, who's had a couple injuries the last couple years, for Levy price.
Lindelöf-Bailly-Maguire for a future back 3 in 3-5-2 would be pretty sweet i think.

cyberman

You think Smalling is as good or better? Really?
Smalling was fantastic for us last year. A handful of games in the summer doesn't change my mind.
Its not like this forum was burning down the walls when be moved to Leicester nor was he really put forward as an upgrade before June.
I don't see it with him, we shouldn't be signing any half decent player because we think he's marginally (he's not) better than what we have.

I rather have Maguire for £50 million than a much older Alderweireld, who's had a couple injuries the last couple years, for Levy price.
Lindelöf-Bailly-Maguire for a future back 3 in 3-5-2 would be pretty sweet i think.
Alderweireld is my first choice but if we can't get him I guess Maguire isn't a bad second choice.

cyberman

Who the feck is suggesting we get Henderson?
Because he had a similar World Cup?
What else are we judging McGuire on or be happy to pay 50m for a player who only moved for 17m a few months ago?
He must have had a fantastic season for Leicester then so!

On a side note I've noticed I've always spelt his name wrong.
Maguire. Seems a bit rare when I'm surrounded by Mc everywhere I go

Andersons Dietician

No, because he’s a diving gimp and a faux hardman.
This is true, that we aren’t talented but we are hard coment is cringe as feck.
Is it only English people that want him?
why have you been on this nationalist rage this past 2 weeks? Going on about people who don’t support England can’t be United fans and here you are trying to turn another thread in to your pissing contest. Take a step back man, just because some people don’t want him doesn’t mean they have an agenda against you or England. They maybe just don’t rate him.

I’m Scottish and I wouldn’t mind him but then we have loads of CB’s who are decent. It’s not like he’d be a massive improvement. For sure better than Jones and Rojo but that ain’t hard. You tho just seriously need to take a beat.

Nick7

Good player but seems like a bit of a wanker. Would probably change my tune if he was our wanker though.

Don't think there is anything in this though.

Infestissumam

I'd be fully on board with this. Two CBs with good passing range on each side and Bailly in the middle would be great. All only 24/25 too.

cyberman

He would be an upgrade, not to an elite level but better than everyone else we have.

Who out there is better and available?
Wait until one becomes available or use our scouts.
Its 50m! If Lindelof for 30m was a waste of money last year because we needed fullbacks then there's no way in hell 50m for Maguire can be vindicated on any level

Judas

Open to offers
why have you been on this nationalist rage this past 2 weeks? Going on about people who don’t support England can’t be United fans and here you are trying to turn another thread in to your pissing contest. Take a step back man, just because some people don’t want him doesn’t mean they have an agenda against you or England. They maybe just don’t rate him.

I’m Scottish and I wouldn’t mind him but then we have loads of CB’s who are decent. It’s not like he’d be a massive improvement. For sure better than Jones and Rojo but that ain’t hard. You tho just seriously need to take a beat.
It was just a genuine query, I was starting to wonder if we really had gone mental as a nation and started to see every England player as a world class superstar :lol:

I don't remember saying if you don't support England you can't support Utd ever, so I'd probably not go down that route again mate if I was you, lets keep it factual.

Icemav

Finally a thread for him. Agree with all those who think he would be a great signing. Has had a brilliant world cup and performed at a level beyond Smalling, Jones and Bailly.

Worth a punt.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I like him a lot as a player - always impressed me at Hull and Leicester whenever I watch them.

Has to be said though - what on earth are we doing bringing in yet another centre back?

Judas

Open to offers
I'm not actually fussed if we don't buy a CB, didn't want one at the start of the summer, didn't think it was our main point of issue. But seeing as we keep being linked with them, I hope we get the right one.

Oldyella

I think he would come in and replace Jones/Rojo rather than Smalling. Do agree he is not a clear enough upgrade though given how loaded we are at CB, with some gaping holes which need filling first in other positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.